Andy Isabella

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah i'm fine with a lineman too.

It's just going to be picked over quite a bit at that point. Teams reach for lineman now days and these guys that are good rarely hit free agency.

Dak needs protection but he also needs that great slot guy / TE to be his best as a QB.

Also, an interior Pass Rush guy would be nice to have.

I wouldn't have a problem with a DB either.
We need DT, OT, S, a slot guy
Our needs exceed our picks so at 58 you have to fill one with a quality prospect
I think the quality at 58 very well could be at WR

cowboyec

Reaction score
like him alot.
great hands.
he's generating alotta buzz...Brugler thinks he'll go in the 2nd.
we'll see.

DanA

Reaction score
I've read 4.3's claimed but it looks to me like he's a high 4.4's player

cnuball21

Reaction score
I've read 4.3's claimed but it looks to me like he's a high 4.4's player

Either way, pair that up with his shirt area quickness and it’s no wonder how he creates so much separation.

I think we’ve had some discussion about a WR with more length to replace Beas, but if Isabella was there in the 4th I’d take him. Would have to think on the 3rd.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The fact that this guy put up huge numbers when he did get a chance to face top competition speaks volumes.
That 15 catch, 219 yard game vs Georgia is nuts.

He also beat last year's 4th overall pick, Denzel Ward, in the 100 meter state finals in high school.

I'll be curious to see his official 40 time at the combine. If it's sub 4.4, look out.
The hand timed one at 4.26 is just that...hand timed. You can usually add a full tenth to those times. But that still would mean 4.36.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I’d like us to keep Austin for just that reason, but agree he’s a good player for the quick throws.

I agree with keeping Austin if the price is right because he can play the slot, do the gadget stuff, and can be a lethal return guy.

I want to draft a WR who has speed, but can also mix it up playing inside and outside so we can move Cooper around and I don't think Isabella gives us that option.

Paris Campbell would be an intriguing player on the field with Gallup, and Cooper.

rambo2

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

He’s definitely hard to stop when the ball is in his hands.

He can get the edge on end arounds too.

Quick and I’m guessing he’s got good top speed too. It looks like it anyways.

I like Isabella a lot. However, I'm banging the table for Deebo Samuel. Go look at his highlights.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree with keeping Austin if the price is right because he can play the slot, do the gadget stuff, and can be a lethal return guy.

I want to draft a WR who has speed, but can also mix it up playing inside and outside so we can move Cooper around and I don't think Isabella gives us that option.

Paris Campbell would be an intriguing player on the field with Gallup, and Cooper.

I’m all for adding a WR if the value is right, but just not sure how much sense it makes early.

Just posted it in another thread, but we’re a run first team with a QB that’s going to check down 50+ throws a year, so if we draft a WR he’s likely the 4th receiving option.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I’m all for adding a WR if the value is right, but just not sure how much sense it makes early.

Just posted it in another thread, but we’re a run first team with a QB that’s going to check down 50+ throws a year, so if we draft a WR he’s likely the 4th receiving option.

I can see your point, and I don't disagree but I think a guy like Campbell adds another element to the offense that can help the running game, improve the passing game and help the offense run more efficiently.

It also depends who's actually calling the shots on offense and how the plan to expand the playbook. Dak is on the last year of his deal and giving him enough tools to see exactly what were going to get is pivotal before dishing out a huge paycheck.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I can see your point, and I don't disagree but I think a guy like Campbell adds another element to the offense that can help the running game, improve the passing game and help the offense run more efficiently.

It also depends who's actually calling the shots on offense and how the plan to expand the playbook. Dak is on the last year of his deal and giving him enough tools to see exactly what were going to get is pivotal before dishing out a huge paycheck.

I’m a fan of Campbell...think he’s pretty dynamic.

I just don’t see how a WR warrants a top 100 selection for us.

Part of that is bc I’m huge on Gallup. Like, literally think the dude can catch 75+ balls and go for 1K yards and become one of the better #2s in the league.

If him and Coop are eating, and we’re keeping Elliot involved in the passing game, I just don’t see how our #3 WR warrants an early selection if he’s only gonna catch 35ish balls.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I’m a fan of Campbell...think he’s pretty dynamic.

I just don’t see how a WR warrants a top 100 selection for us.

Part of that is bc I’m huge on Gallup. Like, literally think the dude can catch 75+ balls and go for 1K yards and become one of the better #2s in the league.

If him and Coop are eating, and we’re keeping Elliot involved in the passing game, I just don’t see how our #3 WR warrants an early selection if he’s only gonna catch 35ish balls.

He's my picture for a reason and this was done I once he was drafted because I agree he is going to be a high end 2 or a decent level #1 that we stole in the 3rd round.

I don't think you are way off as far as catches in 35 I would argue 45-55 although I think it would be slightly more, you also factor in the jet sweeps and efficiency of those catches where he can house call them vs Beasley and to the sticks and that's it.

I think a guy like Campbell will have the inside play deeper on defense which creates space for the running game, underneath passes and he also is a guy flexible enough who can play outside to mix things up with Cooper or in case of injury.

I think it adds another dynamic player on offense, and if we do add some more spread or play action stuff, but again much of this depends on how much control does Kellen Moore actually have is going to be the interesting part of this.

Give me another dynamic guy on offense with this run game and you see things open up significantly if the OC allows it too.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He's my picture for a reason and this was done I once he was drafted because I agree he is going to be a high end 2 or a decent level #1 that we stole in the 3rd round.

I don't think you are way off as far as catches in 35 I would argue 45-55 although I think it would be slightly more, you also factor in the jet sweeps and efficiency of those catches where he can house call them vs Beasley and to the sticks and that's it.

I think a guy like Campbell will have the inside play deeper on defense which creates space for the running game, underneath passes and he also is a guy flexible enough who can play outside to mix things up with Cooper or in case of injury.

I think it adds another dynamic player on offense, and if we do add some more spread or play action stuff, but again much of this depends on how much control does Kellen Moore actually have is going to be the interesting part of this.

Give me another dynamic guy on offense with this run game and you see things open up significantly if the OC allows it too.

I get it, and if he’s headed as a top 40 or so dude I could get behind it.

I just see DL talent falling dude to the class. I find it hard to believe there won’t be a DT available with a better grade.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I get it, and if he’s headed as a top 40 or so dude I could get behind it.

I just see DL talent falling dude to the class. I find it hard to believe there won’t be a DT available with a better grade.

You are right Campbell might be out of range to begin with, but he is a guy I would be high on.

I am all for DT, and I think it is a position they will put a strong emphasis on the position and maybe it's something they look to fill in FA on maybe a 1-year deal, and also have flexibility where they don't need to but can address in the 2nd round or wherever in the draft.

I have paid close attention to the players in the draft this year as I've done in years past but I will start evaluating post combine.

We have money to spend on 1-year deals and you can fill the holes and go into the draft with a BPA, and without a 1st round pick and a boatload of comp picks as well they need to draft smartly based on quality depth/ potential starter. If they do this they can draft more for the following year than guys we need to play at a high rate this year to be successful.