Anonymous Agent Rips Jerry: I Don't Think They Want To Win Above All

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Would you rather go 12-5 and not even make it to a title game three years in a row, or go 10-7 one year and go on a run to win a SB?
Well what are we doing in the other years. If you extrapolate over a decade

I'd rather go 12-5 for 10 straight years and never win a Super Bowl than win 1 Super Bowl and never make the playoffs again.

Did you people who want to move on from Dak and be bad actually have fun watching this team during the Campo years?

Aven8

Reaction score
Would you rather go 12-5 and not even make it to a title game three years in a row, or go 10-7 one year and go on a run to win a SB?
I would rather have a chance year after year. Tar Heels, Bama, Yankees, and Lakers don’t win the title every year but they get an opportunity. Sooner or later hopefully you win one. Beats the heck out of 8-8 every year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it's a ton of debt that he financed personally. Jerry is on record stating he could not believe the bank fronted him the financing without enough collateral.
Supan46.png

https://www.forbes.com/profile/jerry-jones/

Jerry Jones may still be haunted by long ago debt but it has become a very distant reality for him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course Jerry doesn't want to win above all else. Who ever thought that? Jerry wants to win but only his way and only if gets gets recognized for any accomplishment. This hasn't changed since Jimmy left the building.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

I'd rather go 12-5 for 10 straight years and never win a Super Bowl than win 1 Super Bowl and never make the playoffs again.

Did you people who want to move on from Dak and be bad actually have fun watching this team during the Campo years?
I doubt the Broncos fans are regretting their 2015 Super Bowl win.

I'd rather win a Super Bowl than coming close every year. You know....the actual goal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Asset value versus cash is a big difference. His total value doesn't make the payments.
The Dallas Cowboys franchise is a private entity, so determining approximate asset-to-cash ratio is near impossible. I will leave that kind of guess-estimating to folks like Forbes, lol.

Thus, I have no clue how to counter an asset/cash counterpoint. That said, Jerry Jones' business affairs are not totally private. Jones is a director and sole shareholder of Blue Star Exploration Company.

As of April 15 of this year, Blue Star Exploration Company owned 194,821,429 shares of Comstock Resources Inc. (link)

Stock shares can be commonly liquidated into cash 48 hours or less.

Today, Comstock Resources Inc stock closed at $10.63 a share (link)

Supposition: Jones could be cap-strapped but would quickly not be if push ever came-to-shove.

Besides the point I made came straight from Jerry himself.
Understood. However, Jones was reminiscing (if I am correct) about his enormous financial obstacle of purchasing an NFL franchise. He fronted $90 million of his own money and borrowed the remaining $50 million.

That was 1989. That past debt situation, along with his additional challenges of making the Cowboys profitable during the first half of the 1990's. is FAR behind him.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Ok there we have it folks. The difference between homers and "haters". I'd rather win one Superbowl every 10 years and suck in the other 9 seasons, while you guys are having fun with regular season wins.

Gee... ***.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa -- that "anonymous" fellow is really putting himself out there on a limb, isn't he?! :grin:
He must have some manner of a godlike mentality to decipher such an original theory! :huh:
Here, Jerry has just completed 28 years of incomparable futility and he figures this out. :lmao:

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
One anonymous agent.

That’s a serious sauce.

He annoys me as much as he does everyone else but dear lord this is some serious clickbait.

tunahelper

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys franchise is a private entity, so determining approximate asset-to-cash ratio is near impossible. I will leave that kind of guess-estimating to folks like Forbes, lol.

Thus, I have no clue how to counter an asset/cash counterpoint. That said, Jerry Jones' business affairs are not totally private. Jones is a director and sole shareholder of Blue Star Exploration Company.

As of April 15 of this year, Blue Star Exploration Company owned 194,821,429 shares of Comstock Resources Inc. (link)

Stock shares can be commonly liquidated into cash 48 hours or less.

Today, Comstock Resources Inc stock closed at $10.63 a share (link)

Supposition: Jones could be cap-strapped but would quickly not be if push ever came-to-shove.

Understood. However, Jones was reminiscing (if I am correct) about his enormous financial obstacle of purchasing an NFL franchise. He fronted $90 million of his own money and borrowed the remaining $50 million.

That was 1989. That past debt situation, along with his additional challenges of making the Cowboys profitable during the first half of the 1990's. is FAR behind him.
Jones clearly stated he could not believe the banks loaned him the money for the new stadium.
If you cannot see how that affects his management of the team you are helpless.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones clearly stated he could not believe the banks loaned him the money for the new stadium.
If you cannot see how that affects his management of the team you are helpless.
Bold> Please clarify. Could you be more specific how Jones' management of the team is impacted by bank loans? Are you stating his role as 'general manager' when you say 'management'?

cowboyed

Reaction score
I don't think it's really about getting richer at the post-season expense of the team with Jerry. He has money up the kazoo. It's selfishness, ego and a self-belief that is second to none. He is delusional and at his age appearances that he is the GM as well as owner remains highly important.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't believe this is true now. Jerry purchased the team decades ago in 1989 for $140 Million. Today in 2024, the team is valued at $10.1 Billion. The entirety of the original purchase price is only 1.39% of the current value.
Our money is inflated quite a lot since 1989. You have to keep that in mind as your percentage is not accurate and is out of context.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Our money is inflated quite a lot since 1989. You have to keep that in mind as your percentage is not accurate and is out of context.
Inflation devalues money, and therefore makes debt repayment cheaper over time. The percentage shown (debt/value) was simply to show that the amount of any possible debt JJ still owes (if any) is insignificant to the value of the franchise. I firmly stand by that point.

The larger issue was the question of JJ putting profit above wins, and I do not believe that is true.