Another Elite RB Goes Home Ringless

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by mattjames2010, Feb 4, 2019.

1. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,741 Messages
    6,114 Likes Received
    I doubt we would sit here after losing 13-3 and say anything but fire the HC/OC and find a new QB. My doubt has been created by all of the posts to fire our HC and find a new QB. Something happened to the Rams on the way to the game. Bright lights? Inexperience? Not enough high first round draft picks in the last 8 years? Need to draft better? The RB was playing banged up but great teams overcome injuries?

Today it will be all about "defenses winning SB's" because we have short memories. 60 some odd points were scored over the past five SB's prior to last night. It takes balance to get there through 16 game season and then anything can happen.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    silvrNblue likes this.
  2. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    Gurley is used up already. Too banged up. I look for the Rams to trade him in the offseason. He's had multiple knee issues over his playing career in college and the pros. No way the rams keep him at that high cap number.

mahoneybill likes this.
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

13,351 Messages
    4,360 Likes Received
    It’s on McVay for not running the ball. In a game that was separated by only 3 points for 3 quarters and never by more than 4 until the last moments, to give Gurley only 9 touches is insane. Hand him the ball and throttle him. CJ Anderson would pick up 4-5 yards and then they’d pass pass punt.

McVay rode the run game in the first rounds to get there. Then in the SB, he counted on his 3rd year QB to dissect confusing fronts and coverages thrown at him by Belichick to win. Crazy!

DenCWBY, Big D and Rayman70 like this.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

25,583 Messages
    4,480 Likes Received
    The Rams have invested heavily in their defense and they have tried to get a great QB. They just aren't the Pats. The Pats don't have a blueprint for winning because it isn't something you can just replicate. They just win because they have Belichick and Brady. His former assistant coaches don't have success.

DenCWBY and mahoneybill like this.
  5. BigCatMonaco

BigCatMonaco Well-Known Member

854 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received

I feel like I’m the long run a lot of history will be skewed by the time Brady played under Belichick.
    And the contemporaries of the time will be judged similar to nba players when Jordan was dominating.

6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

25,583 Messages
    4,480 Likes Received
    Seeing as Elliott doesn't have a season with 400 touches your point is lost.

7. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    The same thing would've happened against the cowboys.

8. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    Zeke will be all time leading rusher when it’s all said and done, and he will be extended. If anyone deserves the money it’s him.

9. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

33,766 Messages
    47,856 Likes Received
    Zeke is a great player.

But I don't think a team can win a SB riding a TB in today's game.

I will say to the day I die that we should have traded that pick.

MonsterD and DenCWBY like this.
  10. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

33,766 Messages
    47,856 Likes Received
    I think we will regret it because we will have a declining TB eating up a huge chunk of our cap space.

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  11. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

1,468 Messages
    3,522 Likes Received
    Yeah but the Rams literally signed him to a mega-deal last summer.

He's not going anywhere.

Aerolithe_Lion and Rayman70 like this.
  12. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    2,668 Likes Received
    It’s not the injury. He lost his mental edge when Anderson came on big,and threw his game off. But I would have stuck with Anderson to begin with and kept the wind at my back,using Gurley as the switch up for some big plays. Thought that was a shortsight by LA.

mahoneybill likes this.
  13. JReed1000

JReed1000 Active Member

112 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I may be in the minority when I say this...but Dallas would have atleast put 13 on the board against NE last night. When you dont fall for all that motion the Rams do they're just average.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  14. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    This team isn’t going to be a team that throws for 35-45 times a game. And Zeke takes a tone of pressure off the QB in ways not shown through stats.

DenCWBY and JustChip like this.
  15. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

3,918 Messages
    6,520 Likes Received
    I love Zeke, but if the Cowboys end up paying him 8 figures, it will hurt the roster in other areas.

16. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    either he re-does his deal to lessen the 2019 cap hit, or they trade him. No way will they stand pat. Gurley wasn't healthy for a large chunk of the year and was a nonfactor in the SB.

17. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

5,321 Messages
    7,322 Likes Received
    The way Zeke is already limping, he won't last another 3 years carrying the ball as much as he has.

Direwolf63, Rayman70 and Sydla like this.
  18. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

33,766 Messages
    47,856 Likes Received
    He'll last. But it's the 2-3 years after that, when we are paying him a crap ton, is what worries me.

19. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    I SEE a team like the Jags or Redskins trying to trade for Gurley this offseason. CJ Anderson was easily the better of the 2. Unless he renegotiates his deal, he's done in L.A.

20. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    Gurley has been in the league 4 years. He's been hurt almost every year. His knees are not good. They rode him for as long as they can for a rb. He has topped out.

silvrNblue and America's Cowboy like this.