Another Romo Feel good Story... Helps homeless person *Merge*

Fatty_VM

Reaction score
Here's the Link

Tim MacMahon said:
Further evidence that Tony Romo really is a swell fella

12:22 PM Wed, Nov 19, 2008

A homeless man who goes by Doc was cashing in change at a Cinemark theater in Dallas when a guy walked up and offered to pay his way into the movie. Doc, who planned to spend his day passing out flyers for a few bucks, accepted a rain check before realizing that he recognized the generous gentleman.
"Was that Tony Romo?" Doc asked the kid behind the counter.
It sure was. Doc hustled across the street to the consignment store that paid him to occasionally pass out flyers and requested the day off. By the time he got back to the theater, "Role Model" had already started.
Romo, who confirmed the story but didn't want to elaborate, waved Doc over to sit by him and his buddy. Doc sheepishly mentioned that he hadn't showered in a few days.
"Don't worry about that," Romo said. "I'm used to locker rooms."

And so the $67 million quarterback and a man who doesn't have $6.70 to his name sat next to each other and shared laughs for 90 minutes or so.
For Romo, who made news by changing a couple's tire on the side of the road on the way home the night of the season opener, it was just another kind gesture to a random stranger. It meant the world to Doc.
"For me, it was a blessing," Doc said. "It came at just the right time. It gave me some encouragement and faith in mankind. I just wanted to say thank you."

Just another nice story about our boy in blue 'n silver. The NFL needs some more of these guys.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
xWraithx;2430163 said:
wow that was really nice of Romo

get a job Doc, you lazy *******! j/k ;)

:laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1:

I laughed out loud in my office..

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2430180 said:
:laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1:

I laughed out loud in my office..

:laugh2:

so funny that we're both at work in our office probably spending more time on cowboyszone.com than on actual work

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Romo seems honestly kind... a rareity in today's world.

OTOH, it's probably easy to be giving with 60-something million in your account.

Still though... most don't give even when they have a lot.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
To quote Brad Sham, "The legend of Tony Romo continues to grow."

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Should make the goodie-two shoes in the forum feel good. On a serious note, what a great story. Romo's generosity knows no limits.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
It seems like the media is trying so hard lately to find the bad news and undoings of athletes, that it makes it even better when you read something like this and know there are athletes who really are still people.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Doc: "I appreciate the movie ticket, but what I would really like to do is hang out with you at Cabo."