Another Romo Feel good Story... Helps homeless person *Merge*

romoluv

Reaction score
djdoug;2430334 said:
thats my Quarterback.(sniff,sniff).

:laugh2:

So proud to have him as our QB......Now if he gets us the Lombardi i'll tatooed his name for eternity

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
xWraithx;2430163 said:
wow that was really nice of Romo

get a job Doc, you lazy *******! j/k ;)

Wow he gave the guy EIGHT BUCKS to watch a movie?
Come on, now he knows if he DIDN'T give the guy money and someone saw the man in front of him pulling out loose change they'd be all over him, but in any case, you just know Romo is a nice guy, and don't need these stories to tell you that, you can see it by watching him and listening to him talk and the way he acts that he's a good guy.

Temo

Reaction score
Chief;2430288 said:
To quote Brad Sham, "The legend of Tony Romo continues to grow."

I could swear I heard Joe Buck say that either during the Rams game or Lions game last year, after a big play.

MagicMan

Reaction score
djdoug;2430334 said:
thats my Quarterback.(sniff,sniff).

yeah, I know what you mean.......:cry2:

I think I got something in my eye...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;2430267 said:
Romo seems honestly kind... a rareity in today's world.

OTOH, it's probably easy to be giving with 60-something million in your account.

Still though... most don't give even when they have a lot.

Most millionaires wouldn't help you change a flat tire either. Romo is almost too good to be true. The wonderful thing is there doesn't seem to be a fake bone in his body.

romoluv

Reaction score
He is genuinely kind, based on a lot of stories from people who have known him personally....i can guarantee you even without the $67 million, he would still help those people...It's just the way his parents brought him up...

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Romo is a great person/leader and we are lucky that he is our QB

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
romoluv;2430750 said:
He is genuinely kind, based on a lot of stories from people who have known him personally....i can guarantee you even without the $67 million, he would still help those people...It's just the way his parents brought him up...

I agree because he helped the elderly couple change their tire, which does not cost a dime, but just time/effort. Also, If I remember correctly it was not until Wednesday until the media found out about it, because the elderly couple emailed the media about his generosity. That was 3 whole days without Romo saying a thing (even the head of the office at the cowboys did not know).

Stuff like this inspires people to go out and try to help also. For example, obama inspired me and a few people to start a charity fundraiser for the local community. Helping people makes you feel better about yourself, and who knows maybe the person you help may have a cute daughter ;).

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I know what movie he (and the rest of planet Earth) wasn't seeing.

simpson.jpg

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
But the big question..........did Tony buy Doc some popcorn. :popcorn:

Bigdog

Reaction score
This probably will not make it on ESPN because it is too positive but I just read an article that Romo paid for a homeless gentleman to go to a movie and then asked him to sit next to him and his friend. What a nice gesture that will not be reported by any of the major nextworks but it goes to show that there are more good than bad in prfessional sports that we fans never get to know. Just FYI.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
On a side note, let me the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, give me 63 million dollars, and Jessica Simpson and I promise I will walk around all day long helping old ladies across the street, saving little puppies from storm drains during downpours, and getting stranded cats out of trees with slingshots.

Just kidding, the guy really is worth rooting for.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Bigdog;2431815 said:
This probably will not make it on ESPN because it is too positive but I just read an article that Romo paid for a homeless gentleman to go to a movie and then asked him to sit next to him and his friend. What a nice gesture that will not be reported by any of the major nextworks but it goes to show that there are more good than bad in prfessional sports that we fans never get to know. Just FYI.

First Take with "he who will not be named" talked about it...

And of course they said it was most likely a publicity scheme. Morons...:bang2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
xWraithx;2430247 said:
:laugh2:

so funny that we're both at work in our office probably spending more time on cowboyszone.com than on actual work

And people wonder what's wrong with the American work force.;)

Great read, keep it up Tony.