Another Romo Feel good Story... Helps homeless person *Merge*

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Bigdog;2431815 said:
This probably will not make it on ESPN because it is too positive but I just read an article that Romo paid for a homeless gentleman to go to a movie and then asked him to sit next to him and his friend. What a nice gesture that will not be reported by any of the major nextworks but it goes to show that there are more good than bad in prfessional sports that we fans never get to know. Just FYI.

you are probably right, or "if" it is reported it will be publicity stunt or fake genuiness.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
masomenos85;2432333 said:
What a great story!

Indeed.

Tomorrow I will help the first person I see that is in need. This story is very inspirational. We are very lucky to have Romo at the helm of our team.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Funny how a great story like this only gets a thread to 2 pages (so far) yet most of the negative threads (pacman, injuries, etc...) go much further.

Over at maddenplanet some of those morons are criticizing Romo, saying it's all a publicity stunt.

Some are criticizing the homeless guy for wanting to a see a movie in the first place, as if he were suppose to open a money market savings account with 7 dollars or something.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
You can just tell by the way he talks and acts that Tony Romo is a genuinely nice guy.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2432795 said:
Funny how a great story like this only gets a thread to 2 pages (so far) yet most of the negative threads (pacman, injuries, etc...) go much further.

Over at maddenplanet some of those morons are criticizing Romo, saying it's all a publicity stunt.

Some are criticizing the homeless guy for wanting to a see a movie in the first place, as if he were suppose to open a money market savings account with 7 dollars or something.
what Romo did was a very nice thing but it has nothing to do with football. most people come here to read/discuss football thats all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2432808 said:
what Romo did was a very nice thing but it has nothing to do with football. most people come here to read/discuss football thats all.
Then they should learn the game.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;2432900 said:
Then they should learn the game.

If discussing football is synonymous with bellyaching and *****ing then I guess what he said is true.

This is a great story. I told my class last night about it and told them I plan on helping the first person I see in need.

After all of them jokingly said start with me and my grades; they all said that they would do the same thing. Well this morning I bought my administrative assistant some breakfast and she dang near broke down and cried. She has been dealing with a lot and I am very glad that my simple act of kindness made her feel a little cheery to start the day off.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Why isn't Romo watching Game film? Shouldn't he be getting ready to play a huge game against the 49'ers? His work ethic sucks! J/K

Awesome read, thanks for sharing

notherbob

Reaction score
xWraithx;2430163 said:
wow that was really nice of Romo

get a job Doc, you lazy *******! j/k ;)

I'm sure the guy would be happy to get a good American job but I doubt he could afford to fly to India, Bangladesh or China where so many of the good jobs have gone.

Get used to seeing homeless people, there's going to be a lot more of them in the coming months and years. People need entertainment in hard times to take their minds off their misery or warm up even if only for a few hours. Maybe the price of football tickets will even come down a little - nah.

Shaun

Reaction score
Rack;2432795 said:

Another thing thats really funny is almost no one from my ignore list appears in this thread.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
notherbob;2432980 said:
I'm sure the guy would be happy to get a good American job but I doubt he could afford to fly to India, Bangladesh or China where so many of the good jobs have gone.

Get used to seeing homeless people, there's going to be a lot more of them in the coming months and years. People need entertainment in hard times to take their minds off their misery or warm up even if only for a few hours. Maybe the price of football tickets will even come down a little - nah.

I don't he was being serious.

notherbob

Reaction score
adbutcher;2433161 said:
I don't he was being serious.

Yeah, I agree, and the first part of my post was equally facetious but the second part was as deadly serious as the crisis now facing all but the rich and even they could get swept up in it, but that's a post for the political zone.

Here in the Fan Zone, let's all focus on our football fantasies, reality can wait for another day.

romoluv

Reaction score
adbutcher;2432948 said:
If discussing football is synonymous with bellyaching and *****ing then I guess what he said is true.

This is a great story. I told my class last night about it and told them I plan on helping the first person I see in need.

After all of them jokingly said start with me and my grades; they all said that they would do the same thing. Well this morning I bought my administrative assistant some breakfast and she dang near broke down and cried. She has been dealing with a lot and I am very glad that my simple act of kindness made her feel a little cheery to start the day off.

That's awesome, dude. Wow, what a powerful effect that starts with the smallest gesture of kindness from Romo...it's contagious! :) Nothing wrong with being a "celebrity quarterback"! :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Shaun;2432988 said:
Another thing thats really funny is almost no one from my ignore list appears in this thread.

Wow I just noticed that too.

And my ignore list has over 90 members now.