Another TD with Dak?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I definitely believe Dak could have won that game.
I said all week that Cooper Rush was going to be overmatched against the Eagles and Dak needed to play.
Dak has had a good record against the Eagles. I don't think he would have thrown three interceptions.

And I think he would have been able to overcome the penalties by making some plays with his legs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you think if a healthy Dak had played the Eagles we would’ve scored another TD?

Would have scored over 30 points no question. With the way the run game was working and the D? We probably get a lead early and tee off on Hurts. Definitely dont have 3 picks. He hits Lamb on that TD late for sure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team has big problems at QB, going cheap and then trying to pretend that throwing franchise money at average Dak was going to make him somehow great was stupid, and will go down in history as a huge mistake.
Rush proved to the entire planet that Dak was a huge franchise mistake.
Dak already proved it, but peeps thinking that Dak will come back somehow better than he was is a fools errand at best.
We will be lucky to get even last years under performing Dak stats back when he returns next week.
This team is basically hanging it out on two average at best QBs with one being payed to save the day, and the other being payed franchise money to save the season.
That equates to failure.
Its great that we probably have the best backup QB in the entire league, that is about all we have gained from Daks absence.
Dak didnt get better magically by sitting on the bench.

:muttley:

Rush is a marginal backup.

Add Dak to this offense and this defense and were an instant contender. Is there a better team in the NFC?

leeblair

Reaction score
Do you think if a healthy Dak had played the Eagles we would’ve scored another TD?
Honestly?
1. Not with this receiving corp.
2. Not with Dak's tendency to get happy feet under pressure.
3. Not with the momentum going against the Cowboys most of the night.
4. Not with the Philadelphia referees.
5. Not with Dak's tendency to be inaccurate. (See #1)
Let's be honest; these receivers aren't good. And even if the ball hits them in the chest they may not catch it. That's a big reason Dak struggled against Tampa Bay. He isn't as accurate as Rush, and with this group of receivers accuracy really counts. I think Rush's accuracy is a big reason he won the previous four games.
And let's be honest, these are the real reasons the Cowboys lost.
*Something I noticed re-watching the gamé- Rush threw the ball with more confidence when Noah Brown was in the game. Noah has made some big catches for Rush, too.

Last edited:

mardwin

Reaction score

Dak is more talented than Rush but not sure if he's good enough to thread the needle. I do think we score more points with a healthy Dak against Philly, i don't see Dak turning the ball over 3 times as Rush did.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Honestly?
1. Not with this receiving corp.
2. Not with Dak's tendency to get happy feet under pressure.
3. Not with the momentum going against the Cowboys most of the night.
4. Not with the Philadelphia referees.
5. Not with Dak's tendency to be inaccurate. (See #1)
Let's be honest; these receivers aren't good. And even if the ball hits them in the chest they may not catch it. That's a big reason Dak struggled against Tampa Bay. He isn't as accurate as Rush, and with this group of receivers accuracy really counts. I think Rush's accuracy is a big reason he won the previous four games.
And let's be honest, these are the real reasons the Cowboys lost.

We had more receiving yards than the Eagles
As a matter of fact we had more rushing yards
We only had one less first down
The referees do not belong to Philadelphia.

To be honest the real reason is we had 10 freaking penalties for 72 yd
Unsportsman like conduct penalties two of them
Blocks in the back and one of them wasn't even called and it was blatant.
Total lack of discipline and suspect play calling

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Absolutely, and my opinion is worth about as much as anyone else’s here.

In the first half, I counted the number of passes Rush threw, tracked completions/inc/int, rated whether a pass had a legitimate chance of being intercepted, then rated a pass as good, bad, or neither (out of the end zone, for example). I counted the pass he competed that was nullified by a penalty, which actually helped him with this analysis:

16 attempts
5 completions
2 actual ints
4 that should have been ints
10 objectively bad throws
2 throws out of the end zone

That’s putrid.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Those defenses are better than the Eagles. To me there was a clear edge attacking their linebackers with our tight ends and they acted scared not to. They have good corners but they’ve beaten both of these guys in the past. Discouraging they couldn’t do anything against that group last night.

but for falling on his back we score a TD by Broen and a well timed DB leap hand on ball breaks up a Gallup TD in the end zone

finish with the shortened throw to lamb and we win the game

will be an interesting rematch if Dak resumes good form

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Do y’all know what’s Dak’s record against Eagle is?
Isn’t it 2-2 or 2-1 without Amari? Pretty sure his number are putrid without Amari and those are just facts;). https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-record-without-amari-cooper. Dak isn’t an eagles killer and should be thankful he had Amari, otherwise probably loses a few more. Also Dak never played a decent eagles team that overhauled the roster this offseason. History is history and history.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Hard to say he would have the way he played in the opener against Tampa. If your question was could Dak from early last season have led us to another TD I would say absolutely! The way he’s been playing along with our WR group I’m not sure how much better we would’ve been last night offensively. CeeDee continues to prove he’s not a number one WR. One of our big needs is a big, physical, fast lead WR.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's like forecasting what would happen if Dez caught it, but it's fun to atleast debate.

I think the one element to keep in mind is even though Dak hasn't done it much he does offer more mobility. Plays like that 4th and short likely is a QB sneak that Dak picks up. Maybe that drive goes for points, or atleast takes 3 off for the Eagles changing the last drive, etc.