Another TD with Dak?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah it’s hard to tell because I don’t think that Eagles team is as good as their record. But if they are? Might not have mattered.

Rush sucked. But the game plan wasn’t as if he sucked. He should’ve been protected the same way Hurts was because IMO there shouldn’t be a time early in the game where you have a empty backfield.

Penalties, ol couldnt protect, micah was taken out of the game without being blocked mostly. I dont want to say the defense sucked but they struggled to be what we thought they were at times.

Dak looked bad vs tampa and he is just now starting to throw so i doubt he would be better than rush. Should be by the time they meet again.

JBond

Reaction score
Do you think if a healthy Dak had played the Eagles we would’ve scored another TD?
The Eagles secondary was impressive. It is okay to say it. Not sure Dak would have been much better. Both Dallas QB's lack serious velocity when needed to make special throws.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was healthy and he could have played.
If that's true, we sacrificed a whole division game to see what Rush would do. I have to believe that Dak was close, but not ready. Otherwise, the decision making of this organization is worse than not challenging a horrible spot or going for it on 4th down inside your own 35 yard line.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's true, we sacrificed a whole division game to see what Rush would do. I have to believe that Dak was close, but not ready. Otherwise, the decision making of this organization is worse than not challenging a horrible spot or going for it on 4th down inside your own 35 yard line.
Everyone knows that Dak has to practice to play. Big Mike made that very clear. He didn't practice. Guess what?

Creeper

Reaction score
Having Dak in at QB changes the game a little for the Eagles defense. Maybe they abandon the 5 man lines and give up more running room. Maybe they don't run blitz as often.

In a way Dak is like Hurts too. He can run if you give him a hole so pass rushes can't go to far outside or they give up a running lane for Dak. Not saying this is a big thing but little things can make a big difference.

I think Dak has a stronger arm so it opens up more of the field for the Eagles to cover and he is more mobile so he can extend plays a bit long. I know this. The Cowboys averaged 31 points a game last year with Dak. They are averaging less than 20 with Cooper Rush. I don't think Amari Cooper made that much of a difference so I think Dak would add at least a TD for the Cowboys.

krimson

Reaction score
I think Dak completes that Pass to Lamb that was thrown short and intercepted. I also think there were a few plays where Dak keeps the ball and runs for a first down.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Had he said that then I’d agree. But instead went into this whole a joke/analogy to protect Rush.

I stand by I think Rush got screwed with the game plan. They’ve protected him every game he’s played in and it just unraveled….not just him but the team.

Where did I protect Rush? Yet another BS claim with no evidence to support it. I called out the hypothetical question but of course your agenda reads otherwise.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want to say yes but dak put up 3 vs Tampa and 17 against SF. Dak gives this team potential to score more points but let’s not pretend the cowboys just show up and score 30 every game because dak is qb.
I don’t know why people are hung up on the Tampa Bay game. The offense of line was in shambles on the third play

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He wouldn’t have thrown 3 picks.

Ironically enough Dak threw 3 INT's against Philly in 2017 so while this whole thing is based on hypothetical, Dak has done what Rush did several times.

That said, in spite of Rush going back to back TD drives to start the 2nd half to pull Dallas to within 3 points, his 1st half was terrible and put Dallas in a very bad position.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ironically enough Dak threw 3 INT's against Philly in 2017 so while this whole thing is based on hypothetical, Dak has done what Rush did several times.

That said, in spite of Rush going back to back TD drives to start the 2nd half to pull Dallas to within 3 points, his 1st half was terrible and put Dallas in a very bad position.
I think they got away from what works. They got behind and caused us to get away from the run. Elliot needed about 5 more runs.. yeah the egirls are playing well but I wasn’t that impressed.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you think Rush would have scored more TDs if the defense was giving him TOs like they were doing for Dak last year?