Another team (Jaguars) fires it's GM

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, I mean plenty franchises(Jets,Browns,Dolphins,Lions) have a revolving door at Management/coaching.

I don't think Jerry handpicking someone he likes to be titled GM would change the fortunes much here.

You're right. Holding a GM accountable for results isn't preferable to being married to a bad GM for life.

When you're stuck with a guy who sucks for life, well now you have the kind of unique structure that begets distinct advantages.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think it's worth considering that 4 GMs have been fired within the season, think if this owner weren't his own GM, 1 of those 4 could have been the Cowboys?

The assumption many make is that another GM would be better than Booger. That only applies if you think he's the worst and he isn't.

Nobody said if he hired a real GM that that guy would be the answer. He may have to hire and fire 10 of them before finding the right guy but at least the process would be correct. Our GM would be held accountable for results. You don't get the gig for life. You have to produce.

Saying Jerry's ok because he could hire someone worse is a pretty laughable, shortsighted response.

Oh, and Jerry's got my vote for worst GM. Nobody knows talent less and emasculates his coaching staff more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To everyone whining about Jerry and acting like this is an indictment of the Cowboys, please recognize that you're saying, "Yes, let's be more like the Jaguars."

They've had, I think 5 GMs in 20 years, had a 5-year run without naming one, and have been unequivocally worse than the Cowboys since their inception.

So using the Jaguars as a model of what to do is about as dumb as it gets.
OMG you saved me a response, you stole my thunder so ill just say kudos , exactly my sentiment..

add in on their second Owner and about 5 hcs as well and what like the Browns also being ridiculous model we should "be more like" had about 100 first round picks many years had 2-3 1st round picks and still havent found a QB and not won a SB..Lmao these fans are as fickle and clueless as they come..

:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score

None of them had New Staffs and 17 Injuries at key positions ..one thing is not like the other

the covid and Injury buys a new staff a cover..its a mulligan, get real with the comps going on around here..and good luck having 5 teams find great Gms and new Hcs coming with them all in the same Off season....

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We're so lucky our unique structure keeps ours in place for life.

yeah, but the Jags have had many years of losing ways and with all the accumulated draft picks have nothing to show for all this. Wait....

cern

Reaction score
since 2000, the patriots have been to 11 superbowls. they do not have a gm. jeffrie lurie was so disgusted with his team, he didn't even bother to go to their recent game with the vikings. howie the bean counter roseman might be available soon.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
since 2000, the patriots have been to 11 superbowls. they do not have a gm. jeffrie lurie was so disgusted with his team, he didn't even bother to go to their recent game with the vikings. howie the bean counter roseman might be available soon.

We have Stephen Jones so hiring Howie Roseman will be redundant

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Best news ever would be that Jerry and Stephen steps down as GM. I'd throw a party!!!!!:yourock:

cern

Reaction score
We have Stephen Jones so hiring Howie Roseman will be redundant
Stephen has put together a better overall team. He spends his own money. Howie spends lurie's money. Eagles will be in cap hell. Essentially Stephen is the better bean counter. Our problem, except for parcells, has been a series of lousy coaches.