Another week of uneven officiating

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It is very irritating that the officials call hand checking early in the games and then on the Dez pass at the end of the game they ignore a push in the back. The inconsistent calls makes the games random since on any given play the players, coaches, and fans don't know what to expect.

This has got to stop! The refs are swinging games and are part of the outcome which they aren't supposed to be.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
as a Spurs fan also I've realized your team has to beat the Zebras too unfortunately. But i agree its getting really ridiculous in the NFL to the point that wins or looses are being decided by bad reffing time and time again. Its not a fluke. Its not just random. It's consistent. i don't know what to make of it. it feels like the refs are being told by higher ups to **** on the Star. to call against us when the game is on the line. i know this sounds silly but it feels this way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It is very irritating that the officials call hand checking early in the games and then on the Dez pass at the end of the game they ignore a push in the back. The inconsistent calls makes the games random since on any given play the players, coaches, and fans don't know what to expect.

This has got to stop! The refs are swinging games and are part of the outcome which they aren't supposed to be.

If you score more than 6 freaking points against scrub teams like the Bucs, you don't need a bail out call in the 4th.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well if the T Will play last week was a penalty, then the push off today on the long pass to Dez,, should have been as well.

the heath penalty was part of the play.....his penalty against the receiver forced Winston to change his quick pass option and run for the end zone.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Refs sucked but the team sucked more. Heath held and it was obvious he did. Dez should have tried to bat the ball away, he didn't. He was pushed but you can't pin your hopes for the refs to bail you out when you don't try and make a play.

BigWillie

Reaction score
I just want folks to realize when the 'hold' by Heath occurred, and when the official actually threw the flag on that play. It took a 10 yard run, and a fumble to occur for the ref to get the flag out of his pocket to throw it on that play? Interesting.

The second pic is a bit blurry to see the flag. But if you watch the replay yourself, you can notice it. I threw in the last image to show that the flag had not even hit the ground yet when we recovered the ball, just to give you an idea of how long the official waited on throwing that flag.

jHRZihO.jpg

eVrV6xk.jpg

09IZFXw.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just want folks to realize when the 'hold' by Heath occurred, and when the official actually threw the flag on that play. It took a 10 yard run, and a fumble to occur for the ref to get the flag out of his pocket to throw it on that play? Interesting.

The second pic is a bit blurry to see the flag. But if you watch the replay yourself, you can notice it. I threw in the last image to show that the flag had not even hit the ground yet when we recovered the ball, just to give you an idea of how long the official waited on throwing that flag.

jHRZihO.jpg

eVrV6xk.jpg

09IZFXw.jpg

It was a late flag, not going to lie.....................but the call is legit, Heath did grab the WR by the shoulders and turn him..............but yea, the flag was late

Hoofbite

Reaction score

jHRZihO.jpg

eVrV6xk.jpg

09IZFXw.jpg

:laugh:

For Pete's sake, look at the clock. 2 whole seconds. Even if we're incredibly generous and assume that it had just ticked from 1:05 to 1:04, and was milliseconds away from flipping over to 1:01, we're still talking a maximum of 4 seconds between the infraction and the flag hitting the ground.

How quickly should a flag be on the field after an infraction has occurred? 3 seconds, 2 seconds or less?

You can't even say where it was thrown from or when. It was thrown like a friggin lawn dart. Assuming we see the apex, the time from when it was thrown to when it hits the ground will be double the amount of time it's in the shot, which would mean it must have been thrown prior to it being apparent that there was a fumble. It's not like the ref is tethered above the field just out of the camera shot aiming a pneumatic t-shirt cannon with flag loaded. Dude's probably 20-30 yards away and he's only working with an arm as strong as Brad Johnson.

Of all the ridiculous referee claims I've seen, this has to rank pretty high up the list. People aren't even unhappy with a bad call. Seriously, upset because the ref doesn't have an arm like Randy Johnson that would allow him to fire that bean bag into the turf at 100 mph. Gimme a break.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
I grow so tired of our fan base acting like there's some grand anti-Cowboys conspiracy. Grow up, people.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

We're not the only team that got screwed. As much as I hate the Gmen the TD pass to Odell at the end of the game that was later overturned was called a catch and TD in one of the earlier games and stood.

There's no consistency league wide and the refs seem to make it up as they go.

It's pathetic but just part of the game these days.

So again when I see threads like these I can't help but shake my head and it just sounds like the loser culture that this team seems to have adopted and it's quite sad.

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score

I know the NFL doesn't want to but just look North of the border to the CFL. Coaches are allowed to challenge both called and non called potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions. In the final three minutes(our version of 2 min) of a game, and overtime, a team can only challenge such a call or non-call one time, and only if it still has an unused challenge and a timeout remaining. I know more delays in the game but it seams to work more often then not.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

We're not the only team that got screwed. As much as I hate the Gmen the TD pass to Odell at the end of the game that was later overturned was called a catch and TD in one of the earlier games and stood.

There's no consistency league wide and the refs seem to make it up as they go.

It's pathetic but just part of the game these days.

So again when I see threads like these I can't help but shake my head and it just sounds like the loser culture that this team seems to have adopted and it's quite sad.

I don't see how advocating for a reason why you should have won can be defined as a "loser culture." To me, fighting for a reason we should have won is less of a loser culture than "We suck. That's why we lost. Oh well."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The mysterious yellow flags flying all over the field are ridiculous. The ones that bother me the most are when they put the blame on the wrong player and we never know what they saw to throw the flag. The system is broke. What is a catch? What is PI? There should be simple answers to these simple questions but thanks to the refs (and Blandino), all we have is ambiguity.