Anthony Brown on new staff: “It’s a totally different environment. like a breath of fresh air”

visionary

Reaction score
You think Jason Garrett's mother still keeps up with the Cowboys? She might, she still has another son, Judd who is the Dallas Cowboys Director of Pro Scouting. ;)

nope
I was hoping she would leave for a Giants forum when her son left but apparent she intends to stay to exact her revenge on Cowboys fans

Reactions: BAT

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll do as I please. I need zero permission from you.

Grow up, brother. I don’t want you to reply to me directly. It’s just embarrassing reading your passive-aggressive pleas for my attention so that you can respond like you did here when you get it.

I’m not the one following you around the board referring directly to your posts and directly to you as a poster hoping to get a reply so I can grandstand about how I consider it beneath me to reply to you directly. Because, well, I’m all grown up.

But have a great Sunday.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the Atlanta game was a good example of a coach floundering. Then the following game he did the exact opposite to the extent of complete predictability, almost as if to tell the world "see this wont work either." I dont know it was an overall scheme issue but details like that were infuriating. How many times did we go into a game where a team had a perceived weakness and we didn't attack it? I don't know if Garrett out smarted himself or if his 90's philosophy of "out executing," and "beat your man" was the greater problem.
I remember that. It was beyond pathetic. When he was given crapp on his refusal to run the ball, he then ran the ball over and over into stacked boxes w/ the other team knowing it was coming. It was beyond strange.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak, Cooper Beasley Dez TO Brown on and on it goes. Not only their own players but opposing players called out Garrett and Co. too many times to count. Just ridiculous and sad that some actually still defend it. Or think Garrett and McCArthy are comparable.
Garrett and McC are not even close to being in the same convo when rating HC's.

CWR

Reaction score
I remember that. It was beyond pathetic. When he was given crapp on his refusal to run the ball, he then ran the ball over and over into stacked boxes w/ the other team knowing it was coming. It was beyond strange.

Yes sir, he had a tendency to not do something obvious and then after fans and media lit him up the entire week following he would go ridiculously over board the next game. He had to be the most infuriating coach to watch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes sir, he had a tendency to not do something obvious and then after fans and media lit him up the entire week following he would go ridiculously over board the next game. He had to be the most infuriating coach to watch.

Reactive, not proactive. That's why this team was always behind the curve and at a distinct disadvantage on game day.

No more.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Money talks and BS walks. Play the game like it matters and stop thinking you're stars. Stars win.

Ya know, I've heard several of the players express themselves and would just as soon they shut up and play.

.500 team and not one coach stepped foot on that field to block, tackle, catch, cover, run or throw. The receivers led the league in drops, that on the coach? The DB's sucked at picks, that on the coach?

This is a team run by a players' GM and they get to conveniently hide behind coaches and have done this for quite some time. All that time the team was unravelling with Phillips, they just hid behind the illusion that it was all his fault. Cowards, one and all.

The HC takes their back in post games and keeps the bus from running over them and they take their hidden shots after he's gone? Not a Garrett fan but I do not like shots once their gone. Players with intelligence can praise their new staff without ever taking a shot at the other coaches.

visionary

Reaction score
Here’s a decent comparison of the two guys: https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/fi...carthy-is-not-just-another-jason-garrett/amp/

You're right that McCarthy has generally been a bit more successful. I had thought the two teams had probably performed similarly, but that the Packers had an obvious advantage at QB, but over quite a few season, there is a statistical difference between the performance of the two. It’s wider than I had thought it would be.

“McCarthy has been A BIT more successful “

difficult to overstate the sheer ignorance of that statement

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kskboys

Reaction score
Money talks and BS walks. Play the game like it matters and stop thinking you're stars. Stars win.

Ya know, I've heard several of the players express themselves and would just as soon they shut up and play.

.500 team and not one coach stepped foot on that field to block, tackle, catch, cover, run or throw. The receivers led the league in drops, that on the coach? The DB's sucked at picks, that on the coach?

This is a team run by a players' GM and they get to conveniently hide behind coaches and have done this for quite some time. All that time the team was unravelling with Phillips, they just hid behind the illusion that it was all his fault. Cowards, one and all.

The HC takes their back in post games and keeps the bus from running over them and they take their hidden shots after he's gone? Not a Garrett fan but I do not like shots once their gone. Players with intelligence can praise their new staff without ever taking a shot at the other coaches.
As far as your 3rd paragraph, it's quite possible.

Don't forget, Flowers was good before he came here and after he left.

kskboys

Reaction score
Reactive, not proactive. That's why this team was always behind the curve and at a distinct disadvantage on game day.

No more.
Yup. Let the OL fall completely apart before trying to fix it w/ castoffs, late round picks, and UFA's. Don't notice that the guys are getting old and not playing all that well any more. (09/10 season).

Big_D

Reaction score

He didn’t have their backs. He’d throw anyone under the bus to save his job. The shots will keep on coming. That Austin fair catch is a prime example. Same for icing his kicker. The audibles of the QB on and on it goes. I don’t recall him having his players backs. He was a weasel from day one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. Let the OL fall completely apart before trying to fix it w/ castoffs, late round picks, and UFA's. Don't notice that the guys are getting old and not playing all that well any more. (09/10 season).

But goofs around here wanted to give Garrett the credit for 'rebuilding it'.

:lmao:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Expressing oneself doesn't mean lighting your farts on fire..........................It may have to do with input in terms of game-planning , structure and technique