Anthony Brown on new staff: “It’s a totally different environment. like a breath of fresh air”

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A breath of fresh air from 8-8?I can understand why they are happy.
We don't know that yet, but I'm talking about them having more leeway to express themselves. It was like the inmates running the asylum already... unless he just means the players tell them where they're best, and the try to work with them.

BTW everyone, I was mostly joking with my original post..... mostly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone still want to try to look past the mountain of evidence saying that Garrett and the former staff were a huge part of the problem?

YY7j.gif

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
This sounds more like what we always heard about Garrett not being able to relate to most of his players. Add that to Richard screaming at everyone all the time and, well, not too hard to imagine how it's refreshing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is that really a good thing? They never seemed to have any trouble expressing themselves before.

There's a difference in complaining and being able to inform your coach about how you think you can best do your job. Marinelli was very particular about his technique and scheme. Richard also seemed to be. I think Nolan wants to utilize what each player brings to his position. Obviously, you have to have a scheme, but if a certain technique works better for you within that scheme, then it's to the team's benefit to let you do it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Garrett and Co. gave them no advantage EVER scheme wise.

When its failure after failure while hearing the same robotic lines over and over, its easy to tune out the voice.

Jerry just wasnt ready to part with his dream scenario until he could no longer sell it to the fanbase.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Is that really a good thing? They never seemed to have any trouble expressing themselves before.

Not really. This is the first time that I heard A. Brown or even Prescott say something about the previous coaching staff.

It seems the only time they criticize the old staff is when are not playing with the team anymore.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This sounds more like what we always heard about Garrett not being able to relate to most of his players. Add that to Richard screaming at everyone all the time and, well, not too hard to imagine how it's refreshing.

Passive, unrelatable coach who kisses up to Jerry.

A screaming, yelling assistant coach.

No wonder this team was dysfunctional for so many years.

Reactions: BAT

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Garrett said in All or Nothing “the first is everyone being all-in, and when I say all-in it’s all-in behind my message, Jason Garrett’s message for this football team. It’s really as simple as that, and it can’t be an eyes rolling, oh yeah here he goes again. Ah, I can’t believe he is talking about that again, and it can’t be that. It’s not going to be that.”

I am not surprised Brown thinks there is more freedom to express themselves.

bewp7

Reaction score
the corner backs are probably the most happy sense they dont have to do that stupid step kick stuff any more

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet, there are still people around here who defend him.

Is ther no end to this madness?

We saw these exact same types of comments *every* season under the last coach, too. The only difference then was the responses were “stop talking and just do it” or “then what took them so long to hire the new position coach” instead of the “thank god” responses were getting here.

Don’t make me find an old Kris Richard thread to prove I’m right. That’ll just embarrass a whole lot of posters who thought that guy was a god just because he talked a good game and got in fights in pregame warmups.