Twitter: Anthony Hitchens Released

fivetwos

Reaction score
You could see the handwriting on the wall. Happy to see him have success in KC. Hitch has had a nice career. Congratulations.

Maybe he can explain to some of our players what it feels like to be a legit contender and get past the first round.
If he ever tried that our players would roll their eyes while thinking about what time to get to the club.

quickccc

Reaction score

Slipping ? and he has always been just decent- serviceable.

That's why Stephen let him walk. " No dishing out big contract money to average players "
Was never a great blitzer, he's not a turnover guy, and has always been average vs pass.

Only i can recall at best with Hitch is he's been durable, gritty-tough guy, and he's around the action
and he's shown he can be versatile to play inside and out. But he's just not a difference maker.

i would've thought Chiefs would have chose to make him a post- June cut. But i guess they'd thought well of Hitch to let him an earlier
shot at getting on with another NFL roster as a complete FA.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm down - need LB depth and shouldn't break the bank.
Keep in mind there are very few really good NFL players in free agency that don’t cost much.

Every year Stephen Jones acts like the salary cap is such a huge burden to us. Meanwhile, the rams GM Les Snead, chiefs GM Brent Veach, TB GM Jason Licht and many other great GMs find creative ways to get some great FAs signed somehow within the salary cap limits. While SJ does a dumpster dive for FAs.

JustChip

Reaction score
Personally, I’d rather go with younger guys looking to earn their first contract than an aging vet. Sure, experience is very valuable, but hunger and motivation more than offsets.

Carson

Reaction score
Personally, I’d rather go with younger guys looking to earn their first contract than an aging vet. Sure, experience is very valuable, but hunger and motivation more than offsets.
I think with Hitch, you can get him on a one year deal. You then draft a replacement and give him a year to grow.

You go this year Parsons, Cox, Hitch, Rookie, Gifford

Next year you have Parsons, Cox and a guy ready to go going into his second season.

I really see a sleeper signing as Foye Oluokun. Market value is right around 3 years, $22.5 Million (Around 6-7 per) and it's a steal. Remember that Dan Quin drafted him in 2018 and knows how to utilize him. If they paid Keanu Neal $5 million last season, why not pay a little more for a massive upgrade.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Better than LVE, in my opinion.

NOPE!!!!! Why is everybodies trash better than what is a ready on roster ? I liked him when he was here

But in no way is he better the LVE.

Maybe not.. but I think I would prefer him in 15-20 backup snaps over LVE. Hitchens is a very smart player.. something we sorely lack on our defense frankly. Then there is the price. I expect he would do about the same job as LVE for half the cost. He's definitely worth a camp invite IMHO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Overrated by most here.

He wasn’t all that great in KC especially when factoring in what he got paid.