Twitter: Anthony Hitchens Released

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"He's as tough as they come in this league and is a team-first player. I appreciate the way he came to work, ready to do his part, but also his willingness to teach the younger guys around him." - Andy Reid

I would bring Hitchens to Oxnard to see what he has left in his legs. If he can give you 20-25 snaps of quality backup LB play he will bring an intelligence and understanding of the game frankly no other backer on this team has shown. Yes Micah showed promise.. but he's got a ways to go to get to where his mind or the game is at the same level of Hitch. The Chiefs released him because they got cap issues.. If we can get him on a team friendly deal I'd do it in a heartbeat. His ability to play all three LB spots is invaluable. And unless he's been injured I don't think he will have lost enough speed that his football IQ can't compensate for.

Praxit

Reaction score
...lol..well, someone has to take the blame of another big loss.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Solid player.

he’s cut because of the cap.

Gonna cost 3-5 million for a one year deal.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Better than LVE, in my opinion.

NOPE!!!!! Why is everybodies trash better than what is a ready on roster ? I liked him when he was here

But in no way is he better the LVE.

I agree that Hitch is on the downside of his career but sounds like your opinion of LVE is higher than mine.
LVE needs to be gone. Not just because of his play but because of comments he made which seems to indicate he doesn't understand what good play is and that he is perfectly comfortable with the culture.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hitchens was playing in his prime when we had the Sean Lee defense. Whenever Lee got injured our defense collapsed. It went into turbo suck mode. Hitchens was part of that collapse.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. Just that I wasn't too upset when he walked.

GINeric

Reaction score
Has more Super Bowl rings and appearances than any other Dallas Cowboys LB since 1995.

Too bad it was not with the team that drafted him.

So has McCarthy. Good thing he's our coach huh...