Anthony Richardson vs Dak

JBS

Reaction score
You seen that guy play?

Makes Dak look like a grandpa

Look I’m a HUGE Zeke fan….he’s old as hell too, I have no clue what the hell Jerry is thinking
I’m a huge fan of AR. But this is too early. Kid needs reps. Kid needs seasoning. He needs time. He needs to stay healthy. But I like him a lot.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So Richardson, a quarterback considered a long term project entering the draft that didn't even play half of his rookie season due to injury, is going to have a better year than Dak, who threw for over 4500 yards and 36 touchdowns last year?

Guaranteed?

And why didn't Dallas draft a quarterback? Well, who was there at 24 overall that is going to come in here and replace the production the Cowboys are getting with Dak? Spencer Rattler??

The market drives what QB's get paid. You want more from Dak in the playoffs, fine.

So I guess the solution is start over at quarterback and pay a guy peanuts that won't even GET the team to the playoffs?
Its unbelievable,

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have 1000% confidence Anthony Richardson will have a better year than old slow Dak, it won’t even be close

I guarantee it, save this post, screen shot it

My point?…..why the hell are we not drafting a quarterback to compete with our 30 yrs old quarterback who hasn’t shown much in the playoffs?

Why the hell are we gonna pay this dude 60 million dollars ?….we can draft a QB and pay him peanuts for 4-5 years
We already have Trance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have 1000% confidence Anthony Richardson will have a better year than old slow Dak, it won’t even be close

My point?…..why the hell are we not drafting a quarterback to compete with our 30 yrs old quarterback who hasn’t shown much in the playoffs?

Why the hell are we gonna pay this dude 60 million dollars ?….we can draft a QB and pay him peanuts for 4-5 years
Richardson is coming off shoulder surgery. I’ll be sure to bookmark this thread. I’ll be slamming you with the link by at least Nov-Dec. :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Anthony Richardson is an odd name to use lol. What exactly has he done again?

visionary

Reaction score
How is stating a fact is an excuse?

The Cowboys last won a Super Bowl when Dak was three years old and people act like he's the one player holding this team back.

Not saying he's been blameless and not saying he's the guy or anything like that. Not making excuses for him either.

Just saying that changing the quarterback is not the magic formula that will suddenly see Lombardi trophies start flying into the Star. Because the problems were here before Dak, they are here now with Dak, and they will be here after he's gone.

Not that hard to see if we take the Dak blinders off.
So if the QB is not that important and wont make a difference, then dont pay him 60 million per year and let him go

Hey, that was easy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You seen that guy play?

Makes Dak look like a grandpa
In 4 starts he was completing less than 60% of his passes for under 600 yards and only 3 TD passes. He even missed a start due to an injury and ended up getting injured again, missing the rest of the season because of all the punishment he takes. It may not take another 3 seasons for him to start looking like a grandpa with all the hits he takes. He may not last as long as Andrew Luck.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So if the QB is not that important and wont make a difference, then dont pay him 60 million per year and let him go

Hey, that was easy
Number one, I never said the quarterback wasn't important.

Number two, fans act like paying Dak all that money is going to cripple the team in the future, when in reality they didn't spend on any free agents outside the organization even when he was here cheap for four years on his rookie deal.

There is such a fixation on this forum about Dak and what he will get paid that people believe this is the only problem here. Dak is a symptom, not the sickness. 1996-2015 proves this.

Because when the day comes that he's gone and this team is still miles away from the Super Bowl year in, year out everyone will just find a new scapegoat.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dallas Drafted a first round QB with our fourth round pick last year from SF, His name is Trey Lance....
Lance was drafted 3 years ago.
Going on his 4th season in the league.
Played in only 6 games as a rookie __ started 2 games in 2021.
Played in only 2 games his 2nd year__started 2 games in 2022.
Played in NO GAMES in 2023.
At this juncture in his career, Lance's draft position back then is irrelevant today - and should have no bearing on how teams should view him as a legitimate quarterback in the league now - and what he can be going forward.
Dallas has him under contract for 2024 only.
Give him plenty reps in training camp and play him in the preseason.
If he beats out Rush for the backup spot - put him regular season games when the outcome has been determined (blowout wins and losses).

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s more the team. A couple of those losses were by a first ballot Hall of Fame QB that won 3 SBs.
It's both. Some years the team, others the QB. The qb has panicked and choked away the last 3 postseasons. Regardless of how good or bad the rest of the team played, he was garbage in those losses. Spin it however you want.

On an island, he was useless.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's both. Some years the team, others the QB. The qb has panicked and choked away the last 3 postseasons. Regardless of how good or bad the rest of the team played, he was garbage in those losses. Spin it however you want.

On an island, he was useless.
Not wasting my time with it. :rolleyes:

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
This is an engagement bait post on a website you can’t make any money off engagement from

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Give him plenty reps in training camp and play him in the preseason.
If he beats out Rush for the backup spot - put him regular season games when the outcome has been determined (blowout wins and losses).
That's what's going to happen this year, he's a first round talent Dallas took a flyer on with a fourth round pick, and there was NO quarterback where Dallas drafted that was going to help you win this year anyway nor would have gotten any reps....