Anthony Richardson vs Dak

ccb04

Reaction score
2-5 in the playoffs in 8 years as starting QB

Cowboys fans are “so spoilt”
What more do they want?
Two time MVP Lamar Jackson has a 2-4 career playoff record, while playing for one of the best head coaches & organizations, and typically having a strong defense. Uber talented Justin Herbert, has a career .500 regular season record. Josh Allen has the most turnovers in the league over the past 3 seasons. Even a guy like Daniel Jones was paíd $45 mil.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Richardson but at least Colts fans have hope, even if it's the hope of the unknown/potential. We are just slogging through another season knowing Dak will do what he does in the post season.

morat1959

Reaction score
Lance was drafted 3 years ago.
Going on his 4th season in the league.
Played in only 6 games as a rookie __ started 2 games in 2021.
Played in only 2 games his 2nd year__started 2 games in 2022.
Played in NO GAMES in 2023.
At this juncture in his career, Lance's draft position back then is irrelevant today - and should have no bearing on how teams should view him as a legitimate quarterback in the league now - and what he can be going forward.
Dallas has him under contract for 2024 only.
Give him plenty reps in training camp and play him in the preseason.
If he beats out Rush for the backup spot - put him regular season games when the outcome has been determined (blowout wins and losses).
But this will skew Dak’s stats. The lovers will come unhindered!

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m no Dak water carrier and I agree Jerry becomes fixated on a QB ( see Romo ) another decade goes by and it’s 9 yrs for Dak this yr.
My question is how did Anthony Richardson get picked as an example . He failed to make it upright his rookie yr in the streets of rough and tumble NFL.

I’m more fascinated by how the Commanders fair with the heralded rookie gun slinger in our neighborhood as he tries to help revive that wreckage .

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I follow players on all teams…im a football fan and a Dallas fan, most people are
“AR” needs to concentrate on having a better year than Gardner Minshew. You can bet Steichen and Ballard hope he does.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two time MVP Lamar Jackson has a 2-4 career playoff record, while playing for one of the best head coaches & organizations, and typically having a strong defense. Uber talented Justin Herbert, has a career .500 regular season record. Josh Allen has the most turnovers in the league over the past 3 seasons. Even a guy like Daniel Jones was paíd $45 mil.
Lamar is their offense but chokes in the playoffs. JH is just getting started, we'll see what happens in a few years but his trajectory so far has been poor. Josh Allen carries the offense and has been to multiple CGs and only loses to guys named Mahomes and Burrow. Giants are morons.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's what's going to happen this year, he's a first round talent Dallas took a flyer on with a fourth round pick, and there was NO quarterback where Dallas drafted that was going to help you win this year anyway nor would have gotten any reps....
So then Zach Wilson is a first round talent that Denver acquired, along with a 7th round draft pick, for a sixth round pick. By NFL standards Wilson and Lance were 1st round disappointments with marginal talent.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
So Richardson, a quarterback considered a long term project entering the draft that didn't even play half of his rookie season due to injury, is going to have a better year than Dak, who threw for over 4500 yards and 36 touchdowns last year?

Guaranteed?

And why didn't Dallas draft a quarterback? Well, who was there at 24 overall that is going to come in here and replace the production the Cowboys are getting with Dak? Spencer Rattler??

The market drives what QB's get paid. You want more from Dak in the playoffs, fine.

So I guess the solution is start over at quarterback and pay a guy peanuts that won't even GET the team to the playoffs?
AR is a clone of Trey Lance. athletic freaks great arms. needs seasoning between the ears. Dak is better right now. 5-7 years down the road he might be better.

superonyx

Reaction score
30 years man

My whole house is Dallas gear…don’t act like you know me

Most people understand Dak ain’t the guy, he’s had a long time to prove it, sorry man, he ain’t the guy
What are you hoping to change crying like a little B on here non stop over Dak?
Do you think Jerry reads this and cares what you think?
Do you think we are going to enjoy the season more if we all start acting like little B babies?

What are you hoping to gain?

superonyx

Reaction score
And out come the excuses right on cue
Question goes to you also.

Do you think we are going to enjoy the season more if we all start acting like little B babies?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So then Zach Wilson is a first round talent that Denver acquired, along with a 7th round draft pick, for a sixth round pick. By NFL standards Wilson and Lance were 1st round disappointments with marginal talent.
Trey Lance lack of playing time was due to two injuries that hampered his progress...SF drafted Mr irrelvant that got playing time because of injures and turned out to fit SF's system...You have no idea what Trey Lance is since he hasn't gotten any playing time in Dallas, that's going to change this preseason. time will tell, Zach Wilson had plenty of years and chances to prove it...

visionary

Reaction score
Question goes to you also.

This is a fan forum
Im expressing my opinion
Ive been here long enough to remember you (and others like you) heaping praises on Jerry, then on Garrett long long long after people like me were saying that they were the problem. Now youre doing the same with Dak so please take your preaching elsewhere

visionary

Reaction score
Did we pay them?

Are Ravens and Giants paying Dak?

JayFord

Reaction score
Lamar is their offense but chokes in the playoffs. JH is just getting started, we'll see what happens in a few years but his trajectory so far has been poor. Josh Allen carries the offense and has been to multiple CGs and only loses to guys named Mahomes and Burrow. Giants are morons.
Allen has gone to 1 afc title game

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have 1000% confidence Anthony Richardson will have a better year than old slow Dak, it won’t even be close

I guarantee it, save this post, screen shot it

My point?…..why the hell are we not drafting a quarterback to compete with our 30 yrs old quarterback who hasn’t shown much in the playoffs?

Why the hell are we gonna pay this dude 60 million dollars ?….we can draft a QB and pay him peanuts for 4-5 years
Barring injury, if Anthony Richardson has a better year than Dak at QB in any way other than rushing yards, I’ll leve this site for the whole following season. What a ridiculous assertion. Besides running, WTH did Richardson show?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 1000% confidence Anthony Richardson will have a better year than old slow Dak, it won’t even be close

I guarantee it, save this post, screen shot it

My point?…..why the hell are we not drafting a quarterback to compete with our 30 yrs old quarterback who hasn’t shown much in the playoffs?

Why the hell are we gonna pay this dude 60 million dollars ?….we can draft a QB and pay him peanuts for 4-5 years
It's sad that you are hoping it happens....and you call yourself a fan? Lol!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's both. Some years the team, others the QB. The qb has panicked and choked away the last 3 postseasons. Regardless of how good or bad the rest of the team played, he was garbage in those losses. Spin it however you want.

On an island, he was useless.
Not wasting my time.