Anthony Spencer will be on 103.3...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1481599 said:
I would have picked Ellis as well- but if I could I would have traded down. I do not think he was EVER a top 10 pick. Frankly not even a top 20. Ellis has not produced Pro Bowl stats- and a team has the right to EXPECT pro bowl production from a top 10 pick.

you could say the same thing about alot of the guys I just listed as the #8 pick overall since 1990 though couldnt you?

and has been posted numerous times, Ellis was far better than both DE's picked ahead of him, and better than almost all the 1st rounders picked after him

David

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
nyc;1481618 said:
Ellis was a solid player. He was never anything special. It's always better to have your solid players inside and exceptional players outside. (tackles vs ends)

Of course he spent most of his career in a read and react system vs. an attacking system. Had Ellis played for Wade most of his career we might be signing a different tune.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen numerous reports saying that Spencer could be Wade Phillips version of Shaun Phillips - I disagree.

I see more similarities to Shawne Merriman than I do Phillips.

Phillips was closer to Ware in my opinion.

I think the Cowboys plan to use Spencer in more of an attacking, up-the-field role much like the Chargers use Merriman.

This maximizes his rush strengths and minimizes and coverage weaknesses.

I'm not suggesting that Spencer comes in and plays as well as Merriman, but I think that the Cowboys hope he does and envision using him in that manner.