Anti-soccer blog post

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435050 said:
Must kill you that basketball was created by a Canadian
...after he moved to the United States. Isn't it funny how most famous Canadians end up in the United States?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435050 said:
Must kill you that basketball was created by a Canadian

Not at all. We imported Naismith, not the sport--which he invented in the good 'ol USA. Can't really blame him for fleeing your country, though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435014 said:
Those guys are in far better shape than other athletes though.

At least 8 players every game play at least 90 minutes, running maybe 10 km during that time.

All other sports allow unlimited subsitutions.
Who cares how good of shape they are in? Seriously, who cares? Marathoners run further than that by a long gap and at a faster pace. I don't enjoy watching marathons either.

I have always found their fitness to be the stupidest reason to genuflect to them. More than half the time they are running it is a mild jog. Big damned deal.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3435057 said:
Who cares how good of shape they are in? Seriously, who cares? Marathoners run further than that by a long gap and at a faster pace. I don't enjoy watching marathons either.

Ditto the Tour de France. All the admiration in the world for their skills, but I haven't watched a second of it.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Hostile;3435057 said:

I have always found their fitness to be the stupidest reason to genuflect to them. More than half the time they are running it is a mild jog. Big damned deal.

When played at a high level its more than a mild jog most of the time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3435058 said:
Ditto the Tour de France. All the admiration in the world for their skills, but I haven't watched a second of it.
I will watch that. Especially in Armstrong's heyday it was at least interesting.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435014 said:
Those guys are in far better shape than other athletes though.

At least 8 players every game play at least 90 minutes, running maybe 10 km during that time.

All other sports allow unlimited subsitutions.

That's one of the subtle aspects of the game that gets overlooked, a team attacking a wing or center that might be showing signs of fatigue becuase of the limited substitutions. It further increases the fatigue of the player allowing for more shots on goal, or the inadvertent tie up with the offensive player ending with the penalty kick$

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3435057 said:

I dare you to try play a full game of soccer then.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435097 said:

He'd sooner go to a kicking camp. In fact, he'd probably prefer it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;3435092 said:
haha a little worked up or what. Doesn't matter if you care or not its a fact.
Yeah, I get all worked up when people say stupid stuff to me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3435101 said:
He'd sooner go to a kicking camp. In fact, he'd probably prefer it.

he is very hostile to ideas with which he does not agree

I bet you aren't a bad soccer player BB.

Sun has come out here, sun is out until 9:20 tonight, maybe I should take CCF JR out to the park and kick our new France World Cup soccer ball around tonight.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435097 said:
I'll tell you what Ace. I will come to Canada and play a full game of soccer with you and all the wannabe Euro's who want to make me look foolish out there. I won't be in good enough shape and I won't deny that.

You then agree to come down here to Arizona afterward and I'll get some of my friends together and we'll play a little tackle football. If you last 1 quarter the way I can play I will be shocked. I got 5 bucks says I can make you cry on the very first series.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3435109 said:
I'll tell you what Ace. I will come to Canada and play a full game of soccer with you and all the wannabe Euro's who want to make me look foolish out there. I won't be in good enough shape and I won't deny that.

You then agree to come down here to Arizona afterward and I'll get some of my friends together and we'll play a little tackle football. If you last 1 quarter the way I can play I will be shocked. I got 5 bucks says I can make you cry on the very first series.

You would probably drop dead in the soccer game so we wouldn't have to worry about the return match. 300lb guys tend to drop dead when playing soccer.

No one who likes soccer here is putting down other sports but you are dissing the world's most popular game. Why?

I know you are generally hostile to views different than yours but you can prefer not to watch a sport like I refuse to watch golf without putting it down etc

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435108 said:
I bet you aren't a bad soccer player BB.

All those genes went to my nephew, who just completed four years on UW-Madison's squad. I still love him anyway.

Sun has come out here, sun is out until 9:20 tonight, maybe I should take CCF JR out to the park and kick our new France World Cup soccer ball around tonight.

Give my best to the draft dodgers.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3435116 said:
All those genes went to my nephew, who just completed four years on UW-Madison's squad. I still love him anyway.

Give my best to the draft dodgers.

hey soccer got him a free education, better than having to pay for it.

as for the draft dodger response, I would love to respond but I would probably be accused of being political. Anyway, most returned to the US after the amnesty was granted.

Jr plays hockey and not soccer. I preferred to sit inside a cold arena during the winter rather than outside in the rain during the winter to watch him play. Financially, soccer is a better sport to play as all you need are cleats and shin pads (and maybe a cup) whereas hockey is at least 1000 a year for equipment, then throw in skating lessons, hockey schools, registration (450 a year) but I played hockey as a tot and he loves so it, I said what the hell, why not.

Best thing though, got me back in shape as I go out skating with him, adult and child stick and puck, even in spring and summer. It is exhillarating being on the ice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3435114 said:
You would probably drop dead in the soccer game so we wouldn't have to worry about the return match. 300lb guys tend to drop dead when playing soccer.

No one who likes soccer here is putting down other sports but you are dissing the world's most popular game. Why?

I know you are generally hostile to views different than yours but you can prefer not to watch a sport like I refuse to watch golf without putting it down etc
Because where I live entitles me to an opinion and I don't give a damn who it offends. I hate the game. This is a thread about hating the game. Don't like it, don't visit the thread.

Oh, I promise you, I will not drop dead. I am 285 pounds and at 46 am still in way better shape than you can fathom. I probably won't kick the ball very much and I am quite sure guys will make me look stupid. I won't care.

On the other hand, you're already running from the idea of me hitting you legally in football. No surprise. It's also the wisest thing you ever did. I would crush you like a bug in football.

I'll tell you what about these precious amazing athletes. I'll send Tony Romo out there to play soccer with anyone in the world. Find me the toughest [strike]flopper[/strike] soccer player in the world and let him put on pads and get sacked by Jared Allen.

I got Tony over that flopper any day for coming out better.

Oh, and bash golf if you want to. I should not bash soccer because you don't bash golf?

In your dreams cupcake.