Antonio Brown to Patriots

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome, so now anyone who doesn’t want to play for a particular team just has to act a fool, pull some stunts and threaten a GM to get what they want.......a roster spot in NE.

It is irritating that he is allowed to sign so quickly, at least lose the season of eligibility or something.
It is definitely concerning how it all played out. The Steelers and Raiders' optics suggested Brown is dealing with some exceptionally powerful emotional issues.

If true, New England will face the same decision as Pittsburgh and Oakland. If it has all been a facade, two franchises have been played and a fellow franchise, with a dubious history of keeping uncontrollable players controlled, will have profited.

Time will offer a likely answer. There is a remote possibility the whole thing could have been (partially) orchestrated by more than Brown himself. That question mark would necessitate the league office should take a closer look at how this all went down. Then again, I find very little comfort expecting Goodell could oversee a competent investigation--especially one centering on the Patriots.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Gordon, brown and eldman on the field with Brady at the same time? just give them the trophy now jesus

Nav22

Reaction score
I still don’t think this ends well for AB (although at least he gets paid this year). Just like it didn’t for Chad Johnson in NE.

I don’t think Brown’s the type to “be a choir boy” for ANY team, even the mighty Patriots.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
This further clarifies what the Pats are -- a team with a great coach and QB and a team that will do anything, accept any player, if they think he will help them win. The former makes them a rare franchise. The latter makes them a typical franchise.

It would be nice if this signing would end the nonsense of "the Patriot way." It has always been fiction. Given the massive details that have emerged about Aaron Hernandez, is anyone seriously credulous enough to think the team was oblivious to his lifestyle?

The Patriots will contend for Super Bowls until Brady finally hits the wall. He and Belichick are formidable. But it won't have anything to do with the fictional "Patriot way."

Of course, it is unlikely the narrative will change.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Remember Greg Hardy slapping a clip board out of a coaches hand and spazzing on the sidelines? I’ll never forget the look kn garrets face as he rubbed his hand over his head and did nothing like a soulless clown. Garrett was ******** bricks

Yeah, I remember.

Garrett did what I kind of do as a fan when I remember Garrett is still our head coach.

After all these years of failing.

I understand, failing can make you better. It really can. But Garrett just can't get past the failing part. It's not in his DNA. He's a privileged goof, with an average IQ, and just goes along to get along, claps and stuff.

If I were Jerry, I'd move him to personnel. Because he's good at that. But he's just not coach material.

John813

Reaction score
Poor Raiders get screwed in trades for Moss and Brown and the Patriots scoop them up for cheap

sideon

Reaction score
Maybe the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills will finally step up and not give New England a free pass to the playoffs... :laugh:
The only time NE should be worried about the Dolphins is if 1 game decides their playoff destiny, because we all know MIA has always had Brady's number.

slick325

Reaction score
Nice move for both parties. He'll win a lot of games. Plays with a great QB. Can rehab his rep while therethere AND hits the open market again next offseason to re-up.

The Pats get a playmaker to go with TB12 and the Hoodie. Nice move all around.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not really. His antics were contrived. He was going to the Pat's or KC.

I honestly tend to agree with you, looking at this thing with a slight hindsight.

I had a hunch that may be the case, which is why I was OK with giving him a look.

I think the Pats made the quick read and did the deal, because that's what he wanted all along. And they were game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Patriots always make the best moves. What we needed to do is not let them make those moves. That means... yeah, I would've definitely looked at Brown. (I realize we don't have money just lying around though) We can't win a Super Bowl if they're always in the way.
Um, we might want to try to make it to a championship game at least before we start worrying whether or not the Patriots are in the way of a world title.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
This was his plan all along. He didn’t want to play for the Raiders.

You won’t hear a peep from him anymore now that he’s on a good team. He’s going to ball out. He threw those tantrums to get out of crappy Oakland.

Totally agree. His antics were too obvious to be taken seriously. He wanted to go to one or two teams but Pitts sent him to the Raiders, which he didn't want. His agent started working the phones and got a deal from the Pats pending his release from Oakland. He tried multiple ways to drive them to let him go and they did.

The quickness in which a deal was in place with all the details, bonuses, etc etc makes it so obvious that this was cooked a while back. I hope they fail big time and would root for every team in AFC to knock them out of the playoffs

:cool: