News: Antwaun Woods and Trysten Hill sent home from practice on Tuesday for being late for meeting

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Appears Hill also has had trouble focusing in meetings.

I wouldn't say he's a bad apple but the red flags of him having a bit of a motor and discipline problem that rubbed the new UCF coaches the wrong way might not be inaccurate either after today's news.

No evidence for that aside from your inference.

But yeah. That's evidence

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Appears Hill also has had trouble focusing in meetings.

I wouldn't say he's a bad apple but the red flags of him having a bit of a motor and discipline problem that rubbed the new UCF coaches the wrong way might not be inaccurate either after today's news.

I’ve never heard a bad word about the guys motor. That’s probably his best attribute after his first step. He’s not strong enough, and he can’t stay on his feet, which relates to strength. He doesn’t have a chance until and unless he puts in the work.

Sleeping in meetings is a bad sign, regardless.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didn't realize Woods and/or Hill didn't make enough money to own a cell phone so they could call the office and say, "hey, I have a little bit of a jam here and I am going to be late for the meeting."
sounds to me like maybe they got high, which made them late and sleepy lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Hill was a guy we drafted largely because Marinelli vouched for him. Because Marinelli after multiple years, still has yet to put together a dominant, or at least really good, DT rotation. Because Marinelli has convinced the front office he knows DTs and they defer to him on how to acquire DTs.

His time has come and gone. Dallas needs a new DL coach this offseason IMO.
I don't disagree that we need to replace Marinelli, tut the context was not about Hill's ability to play the game, it was about Hill and Woods being late for practice. And even in that context, while that is disappointing, it isn't remotely worth the melodrama some make it out to be.

Last edited:

johneric8

Reaction score
Dez was late almost every day.
Bingo, but my point is has a light finally gone off for Garrett and he has been given the green light to be more aggressive with punishment? Has Garrett and Jerry possibly been hit over the head enough times with spotty play that they realize things have to get tougher and more strict in terms of player actions?

Dre11

Reaction score
Giving them the day off isn't accountability.

Hill should be cut. We know where this is headed. He's a bust.

Lol that's stupid to cut him, absolutely stupid.
It not about giving them the day off, it's missing time with your teammates preparing , it's about how it looks to your teammates . Trust me they got the message.

erod

Reaction score
Lol that's stupid to cut him, absolutely stupid.
It not about giving them the day off, it's missing time with your teammates preparing , it's about how it looks to your teammates . Trust me they got the message.
Hill won't be here in two years. This is a waste of time. He shows no ability whatsoever, and he doesn't care.

Verdict

Reaction score
That's all nonsense.

His college D-Coordinator. The one on the coaching staff that the media claims had problems with Hill, did a radio interview after the draft with the interviewers asking about Hill.

The DC said he didn't have any problems with Hill. He basically said that it was just a slow process to get Hill to play "their" way instead of the way the previous coaching staff had coached him to play. He was 3-4 NT with the previous staff but the new staff wanting to to rush the passer more and play 3-tech DT in a 4-3.

The DC said Hill's number 1 trait is that he has a non-stop "motor" and that his effort/hustle in games was as good as any player that he has coached.

I don’t doubt that was spoken. So far that does not appear to be the case on the field.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lawrence isn't an idiot who doesn't show up for practice and needs a QB to tell him where to line up.

Yes. That’s true. But he has been on a milk carton for the most part since he got paid .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t doubt that was spoken. So far that does not appear to be the case on the field.

Hill has shown a non-stop "motor" for the Cowboys.

He just does not know what he is doing.