Any Android phone users here?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus rooted with Jake Day Jelly Bean ROM. Version 3.6 (4.1.1) is the last version I've flashed.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Htc Evo 4g Lte (Rooted)

I absolutely love this phone, best phone I've had thus far, this one replaced EVO 4G about a month ago.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4637078 said:
Galaxy Nexus rooted with Jake Day Jelly Bean ROM. Version 3.6 (4.1.1) is the last version I've flashed.

I just gave up on JellyBelly. Too many problems to keep using it. I moved to CM10 preview, and it's much better.

More stable, just as fast if not faster, and no problems with wifi, notifications settings e.t.c.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile).

I really should mod it, but I'm too lazy. I only pay $24 for my plan with unlimited text and data, so I'm not complaining.

I considered upgrading to an Iphone for $30 a month, but it would have cost $500 or so out of pocket, so no thanks. I barely do anything with my phone except to look for cheap gas, check e-mail, and make phone/text, and pandora sometimes. Not worth the extra $$ for all the other stuff.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4637098 said:
I just gave up on JellyBelly. Too many problems to keep using it. I moved to CM10 preview, and it's much better.

More stable, just as fast if not faster, and no problems with wifi, notifications settings e.t.c.

I was having a few problems until I switched to this ROM. So far, the only issues I've had were apps that didn't work well (or at all) on JB. Most have been fixed now and the one that hasn't, I actually just switched to a different one that does work. (switched from ADW Launcher EX to Apex Pro Launcher)

It's basically the same version that is on my Nexus 7. I'm very happy with it.

Duane

Reaction score
Droid X but my plan is up in another month and I'm going to get a Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Still have the original Motorola Droid X

I doubt I stay with Verizon if I keep data way to expensive $40 for the 1st GB :eek: that is ridiculous . I am still unlimited under them until my contract expires in Oct then i am sure they are going to try and force me off that plan

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Duane;4637166 said:
Droid X but my plan is up in another month and I'm going to get a Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3.

I see the Galaxy Nexus and the S3 as two of the best directions you can go.

You can either go for the most powerful phone, or a phone that is just slightly less powerful, but gets better software support.

Its a tough choice.

The only other phone I would consider would be the Razr Maxx because of it's battery.

Droid 4 on the other hand is great for people who can't adapt to the touch keyboard.

Kristen82

Reaction score
LG Optimus 3D Max. Love how I can take pictures and record video in 3D and then view them on my 3D TV.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Galaxy SIII. I text crazy fast and it always lags out the whole system for 2-3 seconds, anyone know any solutions to this? Never had this problem on my iPhone.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy SIII. By far the best phone I have had. It's super fast and the screen is gorgeous.

Love Android

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4636981 said:
I currently have a Droid 4. I just love the slide out keyboard on it, makes me never want to go back to touch screen keyboards.

The only thing I don't like about my Razr Maxx is the touch screen keyboard.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4637400 said:
Galaxy SIII. I text crazy fast and it always lags out the whole system for 2-3 seconds, anyone know any solutions to this? Never had this problem on my iPhone.

Are you using the Swift keyboard app? I've heard people complain about it lagging on the S3. Does it do this with Android's default keyboard?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4637420 said:
Are you using the Swift keyboard app? I've heard people complain about it lagging on the S3. Does it do this with Android's default keyboard?

If you mean Swift by that pre-installed thing that makes typing harder I disabled that and yes with the default keyboard. I have not seen anyone else make this complaint so I don't really know what to do but am considering going back to the iPhone because of it as it is beyond annoying.

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score

Be smart.

Go back to the iPhone

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4637471 said:
If you mean Swift by that pre-installed thing that makes typing harder I disabled that and yes with the default keyboard. I have not seen anyone else make this complaint so I don't really know what to do but am considering going back to the iPhone because of it as it is beyond annoying.

Swiftkey is the app he is talking about. I believe Swype comes pre-installed on there. Swype is the best. It rarely lags for me and the more you use it, the more it learns from your "Swyping".

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Root it, clear the samsung junk, and overclock it.