Any Android phone users here?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4637078 said:
Galaxy Nexus rooted with Jake Day Jelly Bean ROM. Version 3.6 (4.1.1) is the last version I've flashed.

Exact same setup I'm rocking at the moment. I like it.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the Galaxy Nexus vs SIII?

Those are the two I'm considering for my next upgrade.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
My first android was a MyTouch3g Fender edition that was rooted. I upgraded to an HTC Inspire. It does what I want and I like it so I'm happy, except for battery life.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
CowboyMike;4637019 said:
HTC Evo 4G. Yeah, still using it. Due for an upgrade in October. Had a couple of issues with it due to age, but it's still holding up well.

Same here, only Im not so sure about the upgrade yet. Im still happy with mine - - - - until I see what others are using. :D :D :D

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CowboyMike;4638237 said:

pretty much same phone, i believe the gs3 has slightly faster cpu clock speed. Only thing that is different is the galaxy s3 was molested by samsung with touchwiz. Galaxy Nexus has stock ics/JB (shortly for vzw users). I perfer stock over any of the blasted oem skins.

Galaxy Nexus AOKP jb preview 6. Stellar battery life with Faux's jb version 19u kernel

Smith22

Reaction score
Galaxy S III. My first smartphone. It works for me, but I don't have much to compare it to. The keyboard can be a bit annoying at times. I love the screen size and everything I use seems to run smoothly.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4638233 said:
Exact same setup I'm rocking at the moment. I like it.

I've flashed a few versions. I too am pretty happy with this setup. I used to use ADW Launcher EX, but it caused my phone to act funky once I upgraded to Jelly Bean. I've since switched to Apex Launcher Pro and I'm pretty happy with it except for one thing. If I back out of an app. (keep pressing back until it quits) it will load the default Android JB launcher for some reason. Then I have to hit the home button again to re-launch Apex. That didn't happen with ADW.

CowboyMike;4638237 said:

I can't help you there as I've never even seen a Galaxy S3 phone yet. The one thing I can throw in is that I only buy the Google branded phones because most of the OEMs muck up non-Google branded phones.

Of course, if you root and then flash it with some other ROM. Then it doesn't matter so much.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Mix of wifi and LTE http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/Screenshot_2012-07-23-08-41-50.png

Galian Beast

Reaction score
the kid 05;4638335 said:
Mix of wifi and LTE http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/Screenshot_2012-07-23-08-41-50.png

What battery do you have? Stock?

Those numbers seem way too good. What is your screen time?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4638650 said:
What battery do you have? Stock?

Those numbers seem way too good. What is your screen time?

If you look at what is listed it kind of tells you. Phone Idle, means the minimum power it takes to keep the phone "on". Cell Standby is the power it takes to stay connected to the phone network. (not even sure that including data services, as LTE would chew through the battery a lot faster) Since screen uses the most, but doesn't use that much more than phone idle and cell standby and you see that messaging it taking up quite a large percentage also.

Basically, he only used his phone for occasional texting over the two days. I say occasional as if he were doing it all day, the screen would have eaten much more of the battery than idle and cell.

juck

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;4636990 said:
Galaxy SIII
Are u diggin it? Im considering it. I have an iphone and I cant complain but this thing is sweet looking and sounds good. I may wait for new iphone.

juck

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4637471 said:
If you mean Swift by that pre-installed thing that makes typing harder I disabled that and yes with the default keyboard. I have not seen anyone else make this complaint so I don't really know what to do but am considering going back to the iPhone because of it as it is beyond annoying.
That sounds bad.How battery?

juck

Reaction score
the kid 05;4638335 said:
wow thats good.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4638678 said:
If you look at what is listed it kind of tells you. Phone Idle, means the minimum power it takes to keep the phone "on". Cell Standby is the power it takes to stay connected to the phone network. (not even sure that including data services, as LTE would chew through the battery a lot faster) Since screen uses the most, but doesn't use that much more than phone idle and cell standby and you see that messaging it taking up quite a large percentage also.

Basically, he only used his phone for occasional texting over the two days. I say occasional as if he were doing it all day, the screen would have eaten much more of the battery than idle and cell.

There are deeper settings, if you click the item it will give you more information.

Thanks for the breakdown though...

Screen uses A LOT more than phone idle and cell standby.

But that's why I asked what the screen time was. It must have been under 2 hours to get two days.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
juck;4638696 said:
That sounds bad.How battery?
The iPhone I had to charge 3x a day. I used to keep it plugged in from 9-5 at work and it would still die by about 8:30PM - I am a super, super, duper heavy user - I text, stream music, browse internet and watch videos constantly. The Galaxy battery is slightly better but not much better than the iPhone.

Today I just figured out how to screen cap. I was beyond furious that I could not screencap and now feel silly.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4638741 said:
The iPhone I had to charge 3x a day. I used to keep it plugged in from 9-5 at work and it would still die by about 8:30PM - I am a super, super, duper heavy user - I text, stream music, browse internet and watch videos constantly. The Galaxy battery is slightly better but not much better than the iPhone.

Today I just figured out how to screen cap. I was beyond furious that I could not screencap and now feel silly.

Sucks that you are getting sluggish response from your keyboard. Have you tried any other the other keyboards? SwiftKey 3 and I think there is another really popular one. Though I do find it odd that you say that the default Android keyboard is doing this. If anything, I would think that would be the most responsive since the others are usually loaded up with extra features.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4638741 said:

Are you running ICS or JB?

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
HTC Thunderbolt. Love this phone, never had a problem with it and have had it since last June.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4638773 said:
I believe Galaxy S3 launched with JB though don't hold me to that.

The only device that launched with Jelly Bean was the Nexus 7.