Any big 'ol DTs in this draft that are worth a hoot?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Most are saying there aren't many DTs with first round grades in the upcoming draft, but what about beyond that? Any big 'ol DTs worth a hoot later on?
Defense needs some pocket pushers and some run stuffers, so 3T/1T they need plenty.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Two late Day 2/early Day 3 guys I like are:

BYU's Khyiris Tonga (6'4" 322) and Ohio State's Tommy Togai (6'2" 300).

Also, keep an eye on Marlon Tuipulotu (63" 305) 'from USC. With Jay Tufele (6'3" 315, dancing bear by the way) opting out and Brandon Pili (6'4" 320) missing time due to injuries, Marlon has been hyped about playing snaps with his kid brother, freshman Tuli, and has been playing really good football.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would prefer a taller DT. We have too many short DT's, Woods, Hill, Gallimore. We did better with taller ones, Leon Lett, Chad Hennings, Jethro Pugh, Bob Liily, Jason Hatcher one year.
Aaron Donald is 6-1.

Russell Maryland was 6-1.

Arm Length helps.

Hill is 6-3 and Gallimore 6-2. Both have decent arm length.

Woods is limited by being 6-0 with short arms.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Also, keep an eye on Marlon Tuipulotu (63" 305) 'from USC. With Jay Tufele (6'3" 315, dancing bear by the way) opting out and Brandon Pili (6'4" 320) missing time due to injuries, Marlon has been hyped about playing snaps with his kid brother, freshman Tuli, and has been playing really good football.

If Marlon continues to play the way he is right now he might creep into the 1st round.

Pili looked great his freshmen year, but has been missing a bit every since.

Jay Tufele would be a combo 1/3 tech or might be a 3-4 DE.

All 3 of these guys can play in either scheme IMO, will be interesting what the Cowboys go with next year.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
If Marlon continues to play the way he is right now he might creep into the 1st round.

Pili looked great his freshmen year, but has been missing a bit every since.

Jay Tufele would be a combo 1/3 tech or might be a 3-4 DE.

All 3 of these guys can play in either scheme IMO, will be interesting what the Cowboys go with next year.

I think Dallas continues with a mixed front defense and so players who can play at multiple positions along the line in multiple fronts may be valued higher.

As an added benefit, if Nolan is fired, then scheme/alignment flexible guys will be left behind for the next guy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I believe Nolan is staying and his scheme requires that immovable 2 gap NT in the middle. Davis/Shelvin fit the need.

Gaede

Reaction score

I'm sensing a theme here