Any big 'ol DTs in this draft that are worth a hoot?

cowboyec

Reaction score
marvin wilson,fsu
naquan jones,michigan st
nyles pinckney,clemson
elijah ponder,cincinnati

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
Barmore from Alabama is the highest rated guy right now. I've seen him anywhere from mid-first round to early second. Not sure he's the difference maker we're looking for, but he could be a good trade down option.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Barmore is a 3 tech. We arent going to have 3 3 techs but if getting him means Hill is gone its a great move

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Most are saying there aren't many DTs with first round grades in the upcoming draft, but what about beyond that? Any big 'ol DTs worth a hoot later on?
Defense needs some pocket pushers and some run stuffers, so 3T/1T they need plenty.
for this defense. look at the kid from byu and the kid from usc.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Barmore is a 3 tech. We arent going to have 3 3 techs but if getting him means Hill is gone its a great move
Given his size I wouldn’t rule out that barmore could play the 1T. Especially with his style of play he may be better suited to start as a 1T and see how he developed from there. He’s a straight power player who really lacks effective pass rush moves. If he had better showings against the pass this year he may have been able to squeak in the top 10 discussion.

Doubtful he’s a 1st round option for the cowboys unless we see a significant trade back, but if he’s there round 2 I would love to jump on barmore.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Given his size I wouldn’t rule out that barmore could play the 1T. Especially with his style of play he may be better suited to start as a 1T and see how he developed from there. He’s a straight power player who really lacks effective pass rush moves. If he had better showings against the pass this year he may have been able to squeak in the top 10 discussion.

Doubtful he’s a 1st round option for the cowboys unless we see a significant trade back, but if he’s there round 2 I would love to jump on barmore.
Depending on his combine I dont know. If the dts 320 plus are similar athletically I'm taking them over him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nooo.

He's a tinier version of Trysten Hill. He's not as twitchy as Aaron Donald, not even close. Don't let the Pitt helmet and jersey # fool you.
He had 12 TFL and 10.5 sacks as a sophomore, not sure what the critique is.

Reminds me of Tyrone Crawford in college.

Crawford had 13 sacks and 13 tackles for loss in his final college season...