Any chance Dallas trade Dak for Rodgers?

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm assuming this isn't a veiled "Dak sucks" or "If we just had an 'elite' quarterback all would be peachy keen" post. If it is, please advise and I'll not waste any more time on it.

I don't agree.

First of all, Jerry will never admit he made a mistake by anointing Dak one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and being "the one" to lead Dallas back to the SB promised land.

Second, even after restructuring Dak and other high paid contracts Dallas is still over the projected $208 cap, with tons of free agents on the team to sign. They simply can't resign enough of the pretty good ones, and can't draft enough good players to replace them. Being over the cap now means they can't, and Stephen has said they won't, be big free agent players. Rodgers won't have the team he needs, like any quarterback.

Third, all the griping Rodgers does has one purpose - have GB make him the highest paid NFL quarterback, in some way - highest total, highest per year, whatever. Rodgers likes being the big fish in the small GB pond. In Dallas he'd have to compete with Jerry, first of all, and Zeke and Amari and Parsons, etc., not to mention the Mavericks, etc. In GB Rodgers is IT. He loves that. (That's my reading of him, I could be wrong of course but I'll admit that)

Lastly, no way is he going to play behind Williams and Biadasz, he is getting old, won't want to take any more hits than he has to. And that's assuming Smith doesn't retire and he has Steele replace him, lessening the line play even more.

Not even worth thinking about....
Daks a good QB. Rodgers is an elite QB. Offense become better. Every WR becomes a threat.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Daks a good QB. Rodgers is an elite QB. Offense become better. Every WR becomes a threat.

Sure, but what about the offensive line? Rodgers has all day in GB, Dallas has Connor Williams getting blasted back in the qb's face every other play.

And if Rodgers is "elite", why haven't the Packers been back to the SB since 2011? GB has had terrible teams? Dallas hasn't exactly had stacked teams, no doubt Rodgers is better but it's still true - it's a team game.

I can see your point, but even an "elite" quarterback can only do so much. Not having the "elite" quarterback is not the sole reason for Dallas' failure to get back to even the NFC championship game...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, burrows is laughing at the baby dak crying over a bad offensive line. and his dallas dakboys fans.