Any chance rush signs an extension?

csirl

Reaction score
Rush is a 3rd string QB, not the answer. He only looks good when compared with Dak.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If Rush were to lead Dallas to a win over the Rams and Eagles (if thinking is true that Dak misses the next 2 games) his stock shoots up even as a game manager QB. Look for a team like SEA, DET, or HOU to take a long hard look at him as a possible starter. I do not think Dak wants the Rush debate to last beyond this year and neither will Jerry.

csirl

Reaction score
The Dak debate is over - it's all about the exit policy now. The new worrry iis that our GM might get sucked in by media hype about Rush and throw him a load of cash. Rush is doing a good job, but he's not an elite QB.

Team should be looking to get a new QB for 2023. With Daks cap penalty, the only option is the draft.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I think it might be too late. But is there any reasonable amount of money we could offer him to keep him around after this season?

Honestly his agent is probably seeing $$$ so I think he’s probably goin into free agency at the end of the year no matter what.

But I really hope we can give this guy a multi year deal for a reasonable amount.
His agent would advise against it

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Honestly at this point I think it might be too late. But is there any reasonable amount of money we could offer him to keep him around after this season?

Honestly his agent is probably seeing $$$ so I think he’s probably goin into free agency at the end of the year no matter what.

But I really hope we can give this guy a multi year deal for a reasonable amount.

Yes.

He will get a new deal with us.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
he's probably gone after this year. Right now, you can still say he's flash in the pan.

Yesterday he was picked twice, lady luck was being kind, she reconsidered.

He was picked once vs NYG, it was reconsidered

Glad though, he can stand on his feet and deliver.

This type of analysis is inconsistent with the analysis for every QB in the league. There is no stat as "almost interceptions". Every QB in the league, in the history of the league, has thrown balls that could have been intercepted but weren't.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He's still 28 with very little wear and tear for a QB that age. I view him as a bridge starter who can actually play competitively. I've seen starting QB's in Pittsburgh, Carolina, etc. this season who are supposed to play that same role but look less competent. Some teams are constantly desperate for a competent QB and I've seen enough of him to know that he's competent. Teams might not have thought that about him before the season, but 3 wins against NFL starters will make you start to change your mind.

Retro88

Reaction score
Hell no. He gone. Someone will offer him a good chunk of change.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If he gets another 1 or 2 wins and then Dak takes over, I can see Rush being offered 3-5 million/year somewhere. That would also give us a good comp pick for him.

Jipper

Reaction score
I'm personally very happy for Rush, good story to see and glad our team is benefiting

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not sure NFL coaches, who actually watch game film, are as giddy about Cooper Rush as some Cowboys fans.

I swear if I see Tom Brady mentioned again...:facepalm:
they wont be....

but still some that need stop gap bridge might, i mean i can see a deal around 6-7 mil per as low-end starter but up to 11 with bonus stuff, if I'm the FO, anything under 10mil, i might match it ,say hey stay here we will pay him the same.

fans are caught up in the heat of the moment, can't see the forest through the trees but many backups got hot like Foles, Castle, Flynn, and others got paid and never remained a starter long.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
If Rush were to lead Dallas to a win over the Rams and Eagles (if thinking is true that Dak misses the next 2 games) his stock shoots up even as a game manager QB. Look for a team like SEA, DET, or HOU to take a long hard look at him as a possible starter. I do not think Dak wants the Rush debate to last beyond this year and neither will Jerry.
Yup, I am exactly in this space too. I know everybody is riding the Rush high right now, but I would like to see him do it against some tougher teams.

rambo2

Reaction score

Yes, there is a good chance that they would give him a 2 year deal with some guaranteed money.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will no longer be playing for peanuts. I am not sure he gets a big money starting gig. But hey you never know. If he helps us beat the rams teams are going to give him a look either way but every game he gets a win the more will look at him. Wish we would have signed him to a 3 year deal instead of a 2 year. He is playing for a million a year. We would have trade bait.

Tommy

Reaction score
Next question!

Will Cooper Rush enter the HOF as a Cowboy or will it be for another team?

rambo2

Reaction score
He will no longer be playing for peanuts. I am not sure he gets a big money starting gig. But hey you never know. If he helps us beat the rams teams are going to give him a look either way but every game he gets a win the more will look at him. Wish we would have signed him to a 3 year deal instead of a 2 year. He is playing for a million a year. We would have trade bait.
2 years 6 million.