Twitter: Any chance this Tavon Austin shows up to training camp?

alicetooljam

Reaction score
That Tavon Austin never showed up in the NFL and never became a major factor. As an NFL player he’s been nothing more than a gadget guy. He’s had very little production the past two seasons. I’ll be surprised if he’s back with the Cowboys this season.

Agreed, that particular game was the game of his life and the reason he was drafted in the 1st round.

Big D

Reaction score
Bringing Austin back would not only provide a reliable punt returner but also some much needed experience on the WR depth chart. While he’s been inconsistent, Austin has been able to step up and make plays on offense when given opportunities.
This. He was also the best player on the team in our last playoff games for what thats worth.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Any chance this version shows up to Cowboys training camp?

Cowboys have a new coaching staff. 2020 NFL draft is deep at WR. He's 29. Rams gave up on him despite having a guru OC. This might be his last shot.

Blimey!
Who in the cockney round is Tavon Austin?
A nobody, he is, taking up oxygen and extra mashed potatoes at lunch.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hater! Sit down! Jk. I think Tavon is done. Could be wrong, but that’s rare air for Fletch. (Love 3rd person)
In my village, after the cock fight and fireworks, we speak of Fletch in reverent tones.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was always relieved to see Tavon able to get up after a tackle! :grin:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He could be a solid WR/RB hybrid in a mike McCarthy offense, but I have to imagine that pollard plays that role in 2020.

This.

He was the bridge player to Pollard. I like Austin and wish they had used him more, but he'd be a luxury now as a backup in case Pollard gets injured.

Would have been fun to see the speed unit out there, with Pollard in the backfield and Austin playing the hybrid in the slot, but the time for that has passed.

I do think we need a veteran WR, but a true, full sized wideout, and Austin ain't that guy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That Tavon Austin never showed up in the NFL and never became a major factor. As an NFL player he’s been nothing more than a gadget guy. He’s had very little production the past two seasons. I’ll be surprised if he’s back with the Cowboys this season.

Per touch Austin had good numbers for us, particularly running. We should have given him the ball more.
xx 2018 2019
ypc 9.2 7.8
ypt 10.8 7.4

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys have a new coaching staff. 2020 NFL draft is deep at WR. He's 29. Rams gave up on him despite having a guru OC. This might be his last shot.

Why is there no one available to pick up the coffees? :huh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
he's never been worth it his whole time in the NFL. Dude cannot stay on the field. He's a waste of a roster spot.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Maybe he will be like Crawford and want it more than ever.

Zero chance. Guy is not a good player. Fast is not always good.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's many miss when they look at college highlights and wonder. The majority of players that are in those highlights do not end up in the NFL, let alone are even given a chance to make it. So a college player can look really good against that talent level but when they get to the NFL they don't look quite as good because the talent level is much much higher.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Lol, what are you watching?
He has stopping speed, but he doesn't beat people 1 on 1. He kind of did a few times, but he really just reverses field similar to Deion. Even the S Jones came back and made the tackle after juking him for 5 yards.
NFL jukes
bess.gif

giphy.gif

This gif is more what I'm talking in how Tavon uses his speed, stopping and reversing field.
ReggieBushJuke_original.gif

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Per touch Austin had good numbers for us, particularly running. We should have given him the ball more.
xx 2018 2019
ypc 9.2 7.8
ypt 10.8 7.4

He’s not that good which is why he doesn’t get the ball more. He’s a gadget player. Most of his production the past two years has been off of a couple of big plays.