Twitter: Any chance this Tavon Austin shows up to training camp?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Any chance this version shows up to Cowboys training camp?

Cowboys have a new coaching staff. 2020 NFL draft is deep at WR. He's 29. Rams gave up on him despite having a guru OC. This might be his last shot.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's all straight line speed unf. Not much wiggle. The only person he beat in the open field was on the last play near the goal line.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldnt count on it. Hes going to be 30 this season, very rare you see guys finally break out at that age, especially when their #1 attribute is speed.

He could be a solid WR/RB hybrid in a mike McCarthy offense, but I have to imagine that pollard plays that role in 2020.

Outside of a gadget player that can give you 10-20 touches a year I just dont see a role for him.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I wouldnt count on it. Hes going to be 30 this season, very rare you see guys finally break out at that age, especially when their #1 attribute is speed.

He could be a solid WR/RB hybrid in a mike McCarthy offense, but I have to imagine that pollard plays that role in 2020.

Outside of a gadget player that can give you 10-20 touches a year I just dont see a role for him.
I foresee a bigger role for Pollard. If he can build on his rookie season, whew!

HanD

Reaction score
I don't like desean Jackson but this guy is the poorest version of djax possible.

John813

Reaction score
I don't see why.

Draft or find an UDFA receiver and develop them instead.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It's all straight line speed unf. Not much wiggle. The only person he beat in the open field was on the last play near the goal line.
Hater! Sit down! Jk. I think Tavon is done. Could be wrong, but that’s rare air for Fletch. (Love 3rd person)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe if Austin comes back for a cheap deal, MM can actually use him as a slot WR since Garrett never used him correctly.
But also time to move on, and look for one in the draft. But if it does not fall that way, I would not be opposed to bringing him back after the draft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That Tavon Austin never showed up in the NFL and never became a major factor. As an NFL player he’s been nothing more than a gadget guy. He’s had very little production the past two seasons. I’ll be surprised if he’s back with the Cowboys this season.

Flamma

Reaction score
That Tavon Austin never showed up in the NFL and never became a major factor. As an NFL player he’s been nothing more than a gadget guy. I’ll be surprised if he’s back with the Cowboys this season.

Cole Beasley was twice as good as this guy at half the speed. And at 30 now? No reason to keep him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any chance this version shows up to Cowboys training camp?

Cowboys have a new coaching staff. 2020 NFL draft is deep at WR. He's 29. Rams gave up on him despite having a guru OC. This might be his last shot.

tumblr_ohn7abyNOC1r8a8mao4_500.gif