Twitter: Any chance we go after Vic Beasley?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think if we were inclined to pursue that type of player we would probably try to re-sign Quinn first.
Different types really. Quinn is more a pure 4-3 DE out of a 7 gap. They stood him up some in StL and it didnt work. Beasley is more of a 8, 9 gap stand up rusher. He can also play some SAM. More of a Leo type player. You can utilize both if yiu want to run a multiple front scheme. You really dont want Quinn standing up if you can help it

dwmyers

Reaction score
The Falcons are dropping him because he played at a respectable level for half a season, an elite level for one season, and a *** level the rest of the time. No one knows what switch turns the guy on, or if he even has one anymore. DQ fired a DC so he could work personally with Vic, in part, and he put up something like 0 sacks in the time before Raheem Morris was pulled into the defensive coaching mix.

D-

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Is Quinn the best we can do? Yea he got sacks but he was a massive liability in the run.
Yes he was.

Looked like a bullfighter with a cape waving the runner by.

Looked like he attended the Deon Sanders School of Tackling.

Pretty sad.

I say let him go.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why would you want to? The warning signs are there.

817Gill

Reaction score
A 1 year prove it deal would be great for both parties

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sure. While at it, let's bring Dez back as well. :laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why? Quinn, was not the best against the run, but he was not terrible. Beasley, seems to have lost his love for the game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a prove it contract at a steep discount............sure. But, Atlanta didn't let him go due to an overabundance of talented pass rushers. Pass rush is the teams #1 off season need and they STILL let Beasley walk. So...........I'm guessing he's not the guy he was 4 years ago.