Twitter: Any chance we go after Vic Beasley?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
frankly how do we do know who.... and who is Not on the Cowboys radar at the moment ?
I just look at it. I have no idea how the folks in your neighborhood do things. However, I'd advise you pulling your head out of your backside before attempting to radar gaze. It might help.

quickccc

Reaction score
I just look at it. I have no idea how the folks in your neighborhood do things. However, I'd advise you pulling your head out of your backside before attempting to radar gaze. It might help.

LOL ! ... oh, hit a nerve did I ?
... and how da hell does that happenin' with just talkin' and exchanging football discussions vs the need for someone so weak, insecure and defensive like this to have to resort to these 13 year old juvenile tantrums.? .... Truly weak and pitiful.
:thumbdown:

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL ! ... oh, hit a nerve did I ?
... and how da hell does that happenin' with just talkin' and exchanging football discussions vs the need for someone so weak, insecure and defensive like this to have to resort to these 13 year old juvenile tantrums.? .... Truly weak and pitiful.
:thumbdown:
Again you clearly haven't pulled your head out of your backside yet. Watch the podcasts on dallascowboys.com. There is lots of good information coming from that resource. Read what other reporters that seem to have an inside foothold on what's going on with the Cowboys. It's not that hard to get an idea of what the Cowboys are looking for if you do a little bit of homework.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different types really. Quinn is more a pure 4-3 DE out of a 7 gap. They stood him up some in StL and it didnt work. Beasley is more of a 8, 9 gap stand up rusher. He can also play some SAM. More of a Leo type player. You can utilize both if yiu want to run a multiple front scheme. You really dont want Quinn standing up if you can help it

When he first had success, Beasley played as a 4-3 LB that moved to DE on obvious passing situations. Same concept as Von Miller before Denver switched to a 3-4. The Seahawks used Bruce Irvin like that back around the year they went to the Super Bowl.

Quinn is best a a 7-tech 4-3 DE (DLaw is more of a 5-tech (could call it 6 tech) as the SDE.

Quinn could play as a stand-up DE with zero or minimal coverage responsibilities.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think we can get some really good players for less than Clowney or C Jones would cost.

Personally, Clowney is not someone i would bank on anyway. I think he plays harder when it benefits him. Other times, not so much.

Like C Jones but as you said can't see them letting him get away or us being able to afford him if they did.
Fair point on Clowney and probably right.

The overall point though is if I can have a stud DL or an indifferent WR (great that he isnt a diva but isnt being indifferent to winning and losing and/or being on the field for the most important moment of the season just as bad?), I'll take the DL in this case and find a WR in this deep draft. JMO.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Fair point on Clowney and probably right.

The overall point though is if I can have a stud DL or an indifferent WR (great that he isnt a diva but isnt being indifferent to winning and losing and/or being on the field for the most important moment of the season just as bad?), I'll take the DL in this case and find a WR in this deep draft. JMO.
I have some of the same feelings. I have always like Coop (going back to Bama) but I admit i have concerns about his health & I'm not sure what to make of his mindset. Is he just a very calm person or does he lack ultra competitiveness? So as much as it would stink to lose him after trading for him, its not as unthinkable as it once was.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Beasley has all the talent in the world to be a star, he just doesn't want it. I'm not gambling our limited cap space on him to see if the light comes on in Dallas.

My guess is he goes to the Colts, and he might actually work out there.

-Indy has mountains of cap space to gamble on him.
-Indy values extreme athleticism in edge rushers.
-Indy plays a similar defense to what we do - he fits naturally into the Robert Quinn role.
-Ballard has had good luck with reclamation projects (Ebron, Justin Houston).