Any Charlotte Based Boys Fans?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1071883 said:
Same place I believe. I didnt know that the GM was an Eagles fan though. Boo.

Two different places. LOL. The place you referred to is called Buffalo Wild Wings. The place he referred to is called Wild Wings. There are two different places in Charlotte

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
BigDInCharlotte;1072114 said:
Where will you be staying, THEHEREAFTER? There are lots of places to watch the game in town, but I know any place Uptown/Downtown is going to be crazy with the Panthers/Browns game at 1.

I usually stay right uptown when visiting but this time I'm at the Summerfield Charlotte... 4920 Tryon.. like 4 miles from uptown...

I figured anybar uptown would be cool but this board always comes through with the best sports bars.

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1072143 said:
I usually stay right uptown when visiting but this time I'm at the Summerfield Charlotte... 4920 Tryon.. like 4 miles from uptown...

I figured anybar uptown would be cool but this board always comes through with the best sports bars.

OK, I know exactly where you will be, then. Wild Wing Cafe, which is one of the ones mentioned earlier is further south off of Tryon Street, close to I-485. Here's a link to their Charlotte location:
http://www.wildwingcafe.com/charlotte.html

Right around the corner from you, on Tyvola Rd. across from the old Charlotte Coliseum, is Jocks and Jills. Lots of TVs in there, and the food isn't bad, either.
There are some pictures here:
http://www.jocksandjills.com/Index....age/view_only/1/Locator_Franchisee_ID/315.htm

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
BigDInCharlotte;1072178 said:
OK, I know exactly where you will be, then. Wild Wing Cafe, which is one of the ones mentioned earlier is further south off of Tryon Street, close to I-485. Here's a link to their Charlotte location:
http://www.wildwingcafe.com/charlotte.html

Right around the corner from you, on Tyvola Rd. across from the old Charlotte Coliseum, is Jocks and Jills. Lots of TVs in there, and the food isn't bad, either.
There are some pictures here:
http://www.jocksandjills.com/Index....age/view_only/1/Locator_Franchisee_ID/315.htm

This is perfect... Thanks again!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
dogunwo;1072132 said:
Two different places. LOL. The place you referred to is called Buffalo Wild Wings. The place he referred to is called Wild Wings. There are two different places in Charlotte

Thanks for clearing that up. The place that I have heard the most about is Buffalo Wild Wings. The other place may be good, but I havent been to either (and Buffalo Wild Wings is 3-4 exits from 485 also). I have only been to a bar is South Charlotte to watch a game once (because of friends), since I have lived here.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1072211 said:
Thanks for clearing that up. The place that I have heard the most about is Buffalo Wild Wings. The other place may be good, but I havent been to either (and Buffalo Wild Wings is 3-4 exits from 485 also). I have only been to a bar is South Charlotte to watch a game once (because of friends), since I have lived here.

Where in South Charlotte do you go. I usually end up at Hickory Tavern on Providence Rd. when the Cowboys game's aren't televised. they usually show the cowboys games on the big screen unless there is a conflict with the panthers games.

Solnoir

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1071961 said:
Lol... small world.. I went to Westland Middle and Bethesda Chevy Chase HS.... I live in the 4corners area now.

Westland and BCC!?!??!?!

Boooooo!:lmao2:

Solnoir

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1072450 said:
Interesting. What was your graduating year for BCC?

Dawg, the same year you graduated....

Think long and hard about this one, dun, son

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Solnoir;1072458 said:
Dawg, the same year you graduated....

Think long and hard about this one, dun, son

:lmao2:

So you ready for the weekend after this one?

Reaction score
I live in Charlotte as well welcome. Jillian's is nice I like TGIF Fridays as well in the Concord Mills area every food place you want are there that place is growing fast. I live in that area I'm from Wilmington (4 hours away) though

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1071964 said:
Forgot about Stool Pigeons. :bang2:

There is one in the University area as well on Rte 29 (N. Tryon).

I dont know about it being the best pizza though. There is a mom & pop place up the road from me, called Brooklyn's that is great.
I don't know that place, but since you are there I will take your word for it. I loved it when I lived in Charlotte. I got hooked on Bojangles biscuits. The thing I liked about Stool Pigeons when I was there a couple of years ago was that they had every game on somewhere and you could catch just about any action you wanted. I did like the pizza though.

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1072605 said:
So what makes you move to these parts?

It would be cool if a bunch of us got together sometime.

Any of you guys going to the 'Boys game here? Haven't been able to get tickets, yet (of course, we got tickets for the Giants, already, which is my wife's team :( ).

And SkinsAndTerps, you going to the MD-GT game tomorrow, or watching it locally?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1072605 said:
So what makes you move to these parts?

It would be cool if a bunch of us got together sometime.

Several reasons. I've lived in the D.C. metro all my life including college. Change of pace/cost of living-real estate. Well I'm going to be at one of these bars suggested this Sunday. It would be great to meet some of you guys at some point. Thanks for the welcome.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
DallasInDC;1072302 said:
Where in South Charlotte do you go. I usually end up at Hickory Tavern on Providence Rd. when the Cowboys game's aren't televised. they usually show the cowboys games on the big screen unless there is a conflict with the panthers games.

I have a buddy that lives next door to a place called Midtown (on 51), and have been to another place called Coaches.

BigDInCharlotte;1072683 said:
And SkinsAndTerps, you going to the MD-GT game tomorrow, or watching it locally?

Not going to the game, my wife is getting Lasik surgery on Thurday so with her wearing her glasses instead of contacts she wouldnt be able to enjoy it as much. I will probably just watch the game at home.