Any LAKER Fans Here??

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Am i the only Laker fan here? Guess alot or mainly everybody here is a spurs or Mavs fan.. Damn my Lakers are playin awesome. Western Confrence look out we are back.

P.S what ya know about my boy Bynum? the guy is a beast! :rolleyes:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
There are a few, actually, though I'm not sure how many check this Zone regularly.

I picked up Bynum on waivers right before my fantasy season started, hoping he'd turn it on this year. All he's done is give me 16-10 and two blocks a game the last month. :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm a Laker fan. Bynum is a guy whom the Lakers coveted for some time. In the 2005 draft, the Lakers took him out of St. Joseph's HS over more prominant players like Korolev (Russian National Team) Sean May and Rashad McCants of the National Champion NC Tar Heels. The Lakers have passed up several trade offers for Bynum over the past few years. Rumor has it that Dallas (Nowitski), Nets (Kidd), Minnesota (Garnett), Indiana (O'Neal) and Suns (Marion) all tried to put together trades for Bynum but the Lakers refused. Also rumored that a multi-player deal with Chicago and the Lakers for players and future picks feel through because the Lakers were not willing to kick in Bynum on the deal for Kobe, to Chicago. Bynum was young coming out so the Lakers have been very patient with him. Now, in his third year in the league, Bynum looks as if he is starting to come on. Lakers have known for some time that Bynum could become a very special player for them. At least, they've hoped that this would be the case. They may have been smart not to trade him, as it turns out.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I am a Spurs fan but I like Kobe and Lebron so I do like to see the Lakers and Cavs do well. The Lakers have a good, balanced offense this year, it's not just hoping Kobe can score 50 every game. He can and does still light up the stat line if he needs to but that hasn't been the case that many times this season, the balanced scoring is very good.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I sort of am. I no longer care about the NBA so I'm not really a fan. If I had to answer who I root for though it would be the Lakers. I am not however a Kobe fan at all. I may get back into the NBA once he is gone from the Lakers, but I doubt it. I miss the Showtime Lakers.

MC KAos

Reaction score
the lakers have been powning the suns this year, but they will not get past the first round of the playoffs. But at least they are showing lots of improvement, maybe next year

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
remember 2003 when the spurs made the lakers cry?

that was awesome.

:lmao2:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1885856 said:
remember 2003 when the spurs made the lakers cry?

that was awesome.

Okay - so what happened in 2001, 2002, and 2004?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1885878 said:

01 and 02 we got powned, but 04 was was all about .4! that and for some reason hedo turkoglu was a spur! he couldnt hit an open 3 to save his life! duncan started taking 3s in game 6 he was so frustrated! but hey they got 3 and we got 4 and thats what really matters

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1885878 said:

coming from the mavs fan?

we took out the lakers in 1999, and 2003. and in 2000, duncan was hurt for the playoffs, so who knows what would have happened.

plus, WE MADE THEM CRY. :lmao2:

one of the greatest moments EVER.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I am a big Laker fan and man we look good this year. I really need to send Kupchak a apology because almost all the moves he has made the last few years is a product of what you see now. Farmar, Bynum, Romanavich, Sasha, even Ariza all have been great acquisitions. The only scar he had was Kwame Brown who at least now is playing a Lil defense.

I have been a laker for 30 years now and I love the way we are looking now.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1885892 said:
01 and 02 we got powned, but 04 was was all about .4! that and for some reason hedo turkoglu was a spur! he couldnt hit an open 3 to save his life! duncan started taking 3s in game 6 he was so frustrated! but hey they got 3 and we got 4 and thats what really matters

0.4 was messed up.

I totally forgot Turkoglu was a Spur. I think he finally "gets it" this year.

Duncan and Shaq are tied at four rings (though Shaq had two more chances). Duncan should pass him before his career is done. Whereas Shaq IS done.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1885971 said:
coming from the mavs fan?

we took out the lakers in 1999, and 2003. and in 2000, duncan was hurt for the playoffs, so who knows what would have happened.

plus, WE MADE THEM CRY. :lmao2:

one of the greatest moments EVER.

You came into a Lakers thread only to talk trash (isn't that what Nors was called out on the other day?) which is funny because at that point in NBA history the Kobe-Shaq (in their prime) Lakers basically owned the Spurs.

But Heaven forbid I say anything at all that may in any way shape or form possibly be disparaging toward the beloved Spurs franchise...

:p:

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1886069 said:
You came into a Lakers thread only to talk trash (isn't that what Nors was called out on the other day?) which is funny because at that point in NBA history the Kobe-Shaq (in their prime) Lakers basically owned the Spurs.

But Heaven forbid I say anything at all that may in any way shape or form possibly be disparaging toward the beloved Spurs franchise...

i hardly call 3-2 "owned". which has now turned into, 4-3.

it's not my fault i like a team that wants to keep their superstars playing together.

i've never said anything to nors about trash talking. i just said his celtics thread is lame. :D

and i hate the lakers ALMOST as much as i hate the ea-girls. so, i have no problem with spamming the thread!

did i mention....they CRIED. actual TEARS. :lmao:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1886110 said:
i hardly call 3-2 "owned". which has now turned into, 4-3.

it's not my fault i like a team that wants to keep their superstars playing together.

i've never said anything to nors about trash talking. i just said his celtics thread is lame. :D

and i hate the lakers ALMOST as much as i hate the ea-girls. so, i have no problem with spamming the thread!

did i mention....they CRIED. actual TEARS. :lmao:

Well, I meant during the Lakers dynasty, but we're splitting hairs there.

I don't think I could hate a team in basketball as much as the Eagles or Commanders. Sadly, the Mavs organization feels the same. During one of their games last season they put up a graphic to get people to boo the opposition. The logos? Commanders, Eagles, and Giants. At a Mavs game. Well, it got the reaction they were shooting for.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
And it looks like my lakers will go 11 games over .500 awesome we are killin the grizz right now

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
T.O81;1887819 said:
And it looks like my lakers will go 11 games over .500 awesome we are killin the grizz right now

Like that is an huge accomplishment. My Griz suck

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs fan here....but I am sure that is obvious....

I love how all of a sudden there are Celtics fans everywhere.....kinda like in 2001 there were all of a sudden tons of Pats fans....it is insane. Oh well, I am sure the Bostonians are having a blast right now....kinda like I did when the Spurs won 3 titles in 5 years, the Horns won the National Championship, The Astros made the WS, and the Islanders won the Southland Conference in their first year and also made it to March Madness......and now the Cowboys seem to be heading back to the top of the mountain.

During the regular season, the Lakers are quite formidable...especially on a west coast roadtrip. However, I am not worried about them in a 7 game series. The same goes for the Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, Trailblazers, Hornets and Rockets. In the west, the only team that concerns me in the post season is the Mavs.

In the eastern conference, only the Pistons worry me. They have a coach and players who have been there. The core players have championship experience. Yes the Celtics are kicking butt right now, however, I am not sold on them until we see what they can do in the postseason. If I were Celtics fans, I would be worried about Rivers being the coach. He will find a way to screw up their magical season. As a coach, he always seems to screw things up. No one else in the east is even worth mentioning.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
As my Lakers win another, " It feels so much better to be on top, so much better" LOL.. We just destroyed a good Hornets team..:D