Any LAKER Fans Here??

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
T.O81;1889838 said:
As my Lakers win another, " It feels so much better to be on top, so much better" LOL.. We just destroyed a good Hornets team..:D

109-80.

Wow.

Reaction score
I'm a huge Lakers fan, it's good seeing the team not relying on Kobe as much to score. Andrew Bynum is developing at a really nice pace and is going to be a big time player for a long time... Only 20 years old! :eek:

kev8822

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1893501 said:
I'm a huge Lakers fan, it's good seeing the team not relying on Kobe as much to score. Andrew Bynum is developing at a really nice pace and is going to be a big time player for a long time... Only 20 years old! :eek:

Bad news with Bynum out 8 weeks with a injured knee. Sucks too because he was playing great.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
kev8822;1904728 said:
Bad news with Bynum out 8 weeks with a injured knee. Sucks too because he was playing great.

That just killed my fantasy season. :eek::

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
As we win another ladies and gentleman, we are officially on fire...and with tonight suns loss we are in first place..

:bow: :bow:

kev8822

Reaction score
T.O81;1908305 said:
As we win another ladies and gentleman, we are officially on fire...and with tonight suns loss we are in first place..

:bow: :bow:

We better take a picture of it now, because with Bynum out 8 weeks we won't be there very long. :bang2:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I've been a Lakers Fan as long as I have been the Cowboys fan, over 30 years. Been through some lean years and lot of great years, Showtime Lakers being my favorite era, I missed Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Perkins, Scott, Coop and rest of the cast.

This year, the Lakers are playing great and it seems Bynum is coming around to be a dominant center but as we all know, he got hurt, hopefully, he can return in mid to late March.

I'm not a huge fan of Kobe, I like him but don't care for some of his antics but it seems like he is embracing and trusting his teammates lot more this year and I believe this year's success is product of his behavior toward his teammates.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Are you a Lakers fan from Los Angelas or non-LA Lakers fan? It makes a difference because the lakers' fans from LA are the worst fans in all sports. Yes, they are worse that Eagles and Raiders fans by far. They don't watch any other sports aside from the NBA (and now USC football). They are huge fairweather fans and disappear when their team stinks. And they are extremely whiny or cocky. They never give credit to any other team. If they lose, it was the refs fault. If they win, they will rub it in.

They are now in first place in the Pacific conference by one game and this dude had the nerve to start a thread about it. Nors at least has some right to start a thread about the Celtics since they are dominant at the present. Trust me, if the Lakers were dominant, their fans would be so obnoxious right now.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1885878 said:
Okay - so what happened in 2001, 2002, and 2004?

Ouch! Well done. As a Suns fan, I'm intelligent enough not to talk smack about the Spurs since they owned us. I suggest Spurs fans do the same about the Lakers since those Lakers teams owned you guys and I mean they psychologically dominated you.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Biggems;1887855 said:
Spurs fan here....but I am sure that is obvious....

I love how all of a sudden there are Celtics fans everywhere.....kinda like in 2001 there were all of a sudden tons of Pats fans....it is insane. Oh well, I am sure the Bostonians are having a blast right now....kinda like I did when the Spurs won 3 titles in 5 years, the Horns won the National Championship, .

But I also love how the Spurs still don't have fans despite winning 4 championships and they probably never will outside of San Antonio! We have more fans than you nationally and we haven't won anything. The ratings for the 2007 NBA finals were the lowest ever because no one cares about the Spurs. The Bulls and Lakers won multiple championships but still drew high ratings even when they were dominant in the finals. It has nothing to do with the fact you are in a small market. You play a boring style of basketball and have no superstars. Duncan is a great player but he is too well behaved. It also doesn't help that you recently developed a thug reputation aka Bruce Lee Bowen. Unless you are a homer, you will acknowledge the above. I'm not arguing the Spurs don't deserve their success or a true dynasty. I think they are the best team in the NBA still, but if you are honest, then you will acknowledge they are not popular on a national scale.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I actually like the brand of basketball the Spurs play and don't find them boring to watch. I like watching the defensive rotations and stuff.

But watching Spurs games on TV are boring because the arena and its fans looks so drab. Everything looks dull and lifeless.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1909953 said:
But I also love how the Spurs still don't have fans despite winning 4 championships and they probably never will outside of San Antonio! We have more fans than you nationally and we haven't won anything. The ratings for the 2007 NBA finals were the lowest ever because no one cares about the Spurs. The Bulls and Lakers won multiple championships but still drew high ratings even when they were dominant in the finals. It has nothing to do with the fact you are in a small market. You play a boring style of basketball and have no superstars. Duncan is a great player but he is too well behaved. It also doesn't help that you recently developed a thug reputation aka Bruce Lee Bowen. Unless you are a homer, you will acknowledge the above. I'm not arguing the Spurs don't deserve their success or a true dynasty. I think they are the best team in the NBA still, but if you are honest, then you will acknowledge they are not popular on a national scale.

I know this is anecdotal evidence, but when my wife and I were living on Long Island we knew quite a few Spurs fans up there and we'd of course talk trash to each other (in a friendly way). This was 2005-2006. Things were good during the Spurs-Mavs series. :D Things were bad a few weeks later. :eek::

kev8822

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1909943 said:
Are you a Lakers fan from Los Angelas or non-LA Lakers fan?

I live in Columbus Ohio. I started rooting for the Lakers in the 80's because family members outside of my dad all rooted for Larry Bird and Celtics. Whoever they rooted for, I rooted for their main rival in every sport. The only team we mutually root for are Ohio State football, and basketball teams.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Kobe lost you this game tonight.........his second half "All about Kobe" show was pathetic and totally killed everything the Lakers did as a team in the 1st half.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Nobody else was making shots, he had to try and keep it close. The game was slipping away as it was so there was nothing to lose. The Lakers can't win games like that without Bynum. Kobe put up 29, 12 and 5 and still lost by double digits. Kobe and TD were right with each other in points, the other Spurs just outscored the other Lakers.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
gazmc_06;1924400 said:
Nobody else was making shots, he had to try and keep it close. The game was slipping away as it was so there was nothing to lose. The Lakers can't win games like that without Bynum. Kobe put up 29, 12 and 5 and still lost by double digits. Kobe and TD were right with each other in points, the other Spurs just outscored the other Lakers.

wow, how did i know someone would come out and defend him. Kobe didnt pass at all the first 6-8 possessions of the second half. Once he got the ball he was a black hole. He forced up a lot of difficult shots. He turned the ball over a ton of times.

Instead of merely running the triangle and keeping everyone involved......Kobe became a ballhog and wasn't making any shots......and since no one else was touching the ball for like 3-4 minutes into the 3rd quarter, no one else was able to get into the flow either.