Any mention yet of why Zeke didn't start?

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is he's right in that in the modern NFL most teams rotate their backs in and out. Even the ones who believe they have a feature back don't hand them the ball 25-30 times a game anymore. It's fine if you wanna to that but what blue and I are talking about is the mind boggling deployment McCarthy is employing. Zeke out in the red zone for Deuce? On what planet does that make sense? Like I said I don't care who starts and I wager Zeke doesn't either but McCarthy and crew have got to figure out how to get these guys into the plays that play to their strengths and quit worrying about showing tendencies. If something works then that's a pretty good reason for it to BECOME a tendency.
You’re right but you need 1 back that is a big play threat. . We have 4 that are not that. They’re serviceable and that is all. In other words, they’re JAGS.

LysleE

Reaction score
Zekes absence or presence in a game is a non-factor; he is no longer a fixture in any run game. The only person in the world who doesn’t see this is Jerry Jones.
Another instance where the “we like our guys” mantra is detrimental to the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Easy there big fellar! I don’t need a novel on a simple yet true comment.
Jets, they split backs last night Hall and Allen Plus a few others with carry like the qb etc sure is nice not to have to worry about the offense and over analyzing the run game like say the jets D giving up three points in the first half oops i mean game. Their O, ONLY 14 points in the half, was all but over.. that sure looks nice i mean i look around the league and see a lot of defenses playing similar to that

Nice let's focus on the D ours suck basiclaly bottom 10 right now.. run game wont fox those issues.. BTW Breece "overrated " never had 1k" Hall 3.5 YPC and fumble.. but we should trade for him while the jets are loving Allen and his stock is down.. Jerry go get Hall to shut up fans..even though MM will find a way to make ES22 bad in this offense. fact,

btgboys41

Reaction score
Maybe McCarthy didn’t want Zeke but Dak and Jerry did. This could be a bit of a flex by coach. One thing is for sure, this group is very capable of that kind of BS.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe McCarthy didn’t want Zeke but Dak and Jerry did. This could be a bit of a flex by coach. One thing is for sure, this group is very capable of that kind of BS.

It would not surprise me if that possibility were true. It would not be the first time Jerry Jones has made a roster acquisition based completely on his gut.

visionary

Reaction score
He missed the first series completely and was not bright in until 3-4 plays into the second. Was he being punished for some indiscretion? Hurt? Bad week of practice? Ate too much at the team brunch?

The Cowboys marched to the NO 12 yard line on his first drive in the game.. Then took him out for Deuce.. and went backwards from there. At that point the score was 14-3. If the Cowboys punch it in it's 14-10 and (maybe) we have a competitive ballgame. Going backwards in the red zone and settling for another FG was very deflating for me as a fan. It had to have had an effect on the players as well.

Look we all know I love Zeke.. but more important than any fan his teammates love him.. If they felt like the coaching staff was screwing him over that's going to creep into their minds. I'm not saying they were.. just wondering aloud what was up with the personnel deployment there. If the defense was going to give up 40 then no running back was going to get a lot of carries. That's just reality so I wasn't look for big numbers.. but I was more than a little annoyed that we didn't use him in the red zone.. which was the primary reason we brought him back. Especially when there was still a glimmer of hope that we could get back in the game.

I'm sure the usual suspects will come at me with "Zeke homer" and other nonsense.. The same usual suspects should also know by now that I don't care.
Because hes below average at this point and is not a starter in this league?

Now, the guy who did start is also back up material but that is another debate

How do you pick between 2 piles of garbage? Einee, mainee, moe…

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
McCarthy and Co. probably had to twist Jerry's arm to get him to release Zeke a couple of years ago. No way he wanted Zeke back. He knew Zeke was done in 2022.

But Jerry has to flex every once in a while. That's what this was, just like with the stupid Lance trade.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
He missed the first series completely and was not bright in until 3-4 plays into the second. Was he being punished for some indiscretion? Hurt? Bad week of practice? Ate too much at the team brunch?

The Cowboys marched to the NO 12 yard line on his first drive in the game.. Then took him out for Deuce.. and went backwards from there. At that point the score was 14-3. If the Cowboys punch it in it's 14-10 and (maybe) we have a competitive ballgame. Going backwards in the red zone and settling for another FG was very deflating for me as a fan. It had to have had an effect on the players as well.

Look we all know I love Zeke.. but more important than any fan his teammates love him.. If they felt like the coaching staff was screwing him over that's going to creep into their minds. I'm not saying they were.. just wondering aloud what was up with the personnel deployment there. If the defense was going to give up 40 then no running back was going to get a lot of carries. That's just reality so I wasn't look for big numbers.. but I was more than a little annoyed that we didn't use him in the red zone.. which was the primary reason we brought him back. Especially when there was still a glimmer of hope that we could get back in the game.

I'm sure the usual suspects will come at me with "Zeke homer" and other nonsense.. The same usual suspects should also know by now that I don't care.
Maybe because he isn't the best RB on the team?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Big game today, I expect Zeke to start, especially with all the talk surrounding the RB room. Jerry will want to show how smart he is...Derrick who?

vig454

Reaction score
That we have to keep a washed up rb like Zeke , speaks volumes of our failed GM and the current disorganization . :facepalm:

stinkface

Reaction score
Zeke probably was in on about a dozen plays today. He is just a body who knows the playback. He certainly is not in near the shape of Henry. I expect he will be cut mid season unless we have injuries to our other backs.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Zeke probably was in on about a dozen plays today. He is just a body who knows the playback. He certainly is not in near the shape of Henry. I expect he will be cut mid season unless we have injuries to our other backs.
he’s only effective inside the 10. we hardly got there and when we did we needed points fast.