Any Person Drooling Over Lincoln Riley

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Go watch this playoff game against LSU or any game against a real team (not a Big 12 patsy). Like last year against Bama. He's not a good coach. He is just a fill in for what Stoops built and gets to use extremely talented QBs every single season. That works in college where the talent discrepancy is huge. His 2 QBs dominated so much against weak competition in the regular season. He is not some offensive genius. Anything but. He would get destroyed at the pro level. His offensive scheme is basically using 5 star recruits to just out talent the opposition. Except in the pros, every single player on the field has talent and speed and is the best of the best.

Fraud.

bewp7

Reaction score
it’s true...he had weeks to prepare and his genius offense looks bad aside from just throwing it up to ceedee lamb. john rhys plumlee destroyed this lsu defense and he has jalen hurts and they can’t do any thing...idc about the missed p.i either!

guy getting ejected for a targeting, missing ints, team does not look prepared and look rattled and scared...seems familiar!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone drooling over any potential coach needs to take a Valium.

rxdoc

Reaction score
Go watch this playoff game against LSU or any game against a real team (not a Big 12 patsy). Like last year against Bama. He's not a good coach. He is just a fill in for what Stoops built and gets to use extremely talented QBs every single season. That works in college where the talent discrepancy is huge. His 2 QBs dominated so much against weak competition in the regular season. He is not some offensive genius. Anything but. He would get destroyed at the pro level. His offensive scheme is basically using 5 star recruits to just out talent the opposition. Except in the pros, every single player on the field has talent and speed and is the best of the best.

Fraud.

I was just thinking the same thing.... was gonna make a similar post.....

Riley looks to be out coached for the moment... LSU having their way with them....

To be fair thought the Sooner had a horrendous punt setting up one LSU score and the officials missed a very obvious PI call against LSU which would have given the Sooners real good field position...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Fraud.
One game. Lincoln has already proven he is worthy of the Cowboys HC job. One game doesn't change that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seems like he would fit in perfectly.

His vaunted offense does zero on the big stage.

I've been saying it (not here) for a while....we are screwed until Jerry is in a box...

Then it's a MAYBE thereafter. Before you people tell me to go somewhere else....I was here before Jerry was, and I will NOT. Save it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Still an upgrade over Garrett, regardless of how crappy he looks today.

fivetwos

Reaction score
One game. Lincoln has already proven he is worthy of the Cowboys HC job. One game doesn't change that.
Yeah it does.

I can get to a divisional round with a Jerry puppet on the sideline.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He would be better in the NFL. He doesn't have to worry about recruiting talent on defense. If Kliff Kingsbury has the Cardinals looking decent in year 1 then Riley will be fine in the NFL

rxdoc

Reaction score
For those who want Riley ... not looking good for Sooners...

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah it does.

I can get to a divisional round with a Jerry puppet on the sideline.
To be clear....

Blowing the one seed in 2007 was "one game"

Doing the same in 2016 was "one game"

Blowing all those win and in games were "one game."

I'm tired of being good enough to choke.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Not impressed at all watching this game. His defense looks just like Dallas. Huge gaps in the DL and everyone else 10+ yards deep guarding grass instead of players. Defensive backs not looking back and finding the ball allowing completions that they could easily knock down. No gap control at the line. Just huge holes to run through or for the QB to step up into. Offense not innovative or impressive. The whole team reminds me of Dallas. Always looks like they are playing 10 on 12 and that goes 100% to scheme and coaching. The guy on the other sideline has totally out prepared him.

rxdoc

Reaction score
Wow... what a catch.... that is what good coaching does... exploit a weakness.... LSU goes right after the freshman in for the Sooner who was ejected....

bewp7

Reaction score
what would the cowboys have to give up to get burrow and joe brady to dallas? impressive stuff!

:clap: