Any reason for the use of the word "Hate" on this site?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i HATE philly.
i HATE washington.
i HATE ny.
i HATE green bay.
i HATE aaron rodgers.
and i will not apologize for the appropriate use of the 4 letter word that makes my soul happy when i state it clearly.
screw'm.
screw'm all.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:
Now, class. That was an appropriate use of the word. :muttley:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Haters start multiple threads trashing a certain player.

Lovers start multiple threads singing the praise of certain players.

Which came first the chicken or the egg - not sure in this case but they feed off each other.

Then there are others that get thrown into the category of haters just because you don't think such player is the answer while he may not be terrible or anything. However, if you say something positive about the guy, but don't defend him to the extreme, you never get thrown in the lover group -odd how that works.

The term hater, used by the lovers, means anybody who does not worship the ground such player walks!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After being here a few weeks, I have noticed that some fans refer to others as "Dak haters"
"Jerry Jones haters" etc..
Definition of 'Hate" An intense and passionate dislike for someone...
Now I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Dak Prescott the last few years, both in big games and on the road vs some of the "better" teams. But personally, I don't really know the man, have never met him, so how can I or anyone else here be a "Dak hater??"
Jerry Jones, I think he loves his team, maybe too much, he did say he would be a "hands on owner" early on, so I live with it as I am a true and loyal Cowboy's fan and have been since the Staubach, Landry era.
So please, I do know sports fans can be passionate, but it should also be a fun thing. It takes many of us away from some of daily life's problems, gives you to hope for something. In these days we see how much we all miss the game we love. So for now put away the hate..
It just how sports fandom on the internet goes

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
After being here a few weeks, I have noticed that some fans refer to others as "Dak haters"
Now I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Dak Prescott the last few years, both in big games and on the road vs some of the "better" teams. But personally, I don't really know the man, have never met him, so how can I or anyone else here be a "Dak hater??"
Jerry Jones, I think he loves his team, maybe too much, he did say he would be a "hands on owner" early on, so I live with it as I am a true and loyal Cowboy's fan and have been since the Staubach, Landry era.
So please, I do know sports fans can be passionate, but it should also be a fun thing. It takes many of us away from some of daily life's problems, gives you to hope for something. In these days we see how much we all miss the game we love. So for now put away the hate..
If you ***** about anything and everything the Cowboys do then you’ve earned the title of being a hater.. Everyone has certain things the don’t agree with concerning what the Cowboys are doing. That’s fine. But there are quite a few posters who do nothing but *****. They are the haters.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
We've got fans starting threads saying we should let Dak walk for nothing just because they dislike him personally and want to spite him or shame him, at the expense of the high draft picks he's actually worth if you want to part ways with him in a reasonable, smart way.

Maybe internet hate is different than real-world hate, so the use of "hate" is harsh. But they certainly have an irrational disliking for him for personal reasons which they have become so obsessed and consumed with, it's ruined their ability to follow the sport in a healthy way or to have healthy thought processes about the players.

Exactly. I saw someone on here say to trade all the oline so Dak could get sacked a bunch and injured. If rooting against your own team and advocating poor roster moves just so a player can get hurt isn't hate, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Haters start multiple threads trashing a certain player.

Lovers start multiple threads singing the praise of certain players.

Which came first the chicken or the egg - not sure in this case but they feed off each other.

Then there are others that get thrown into the category of haters just because you don't think such player is the answer while he may not be terrible or anything. However, if you say something positive about the guy, but don't defend him to the extreme, you never get thrown in the lover group -odd how that works.

The term hater, used by the lovers, means anybody who does not worship the ground such player walks!

Nah I've been called a Dak lover, and I was open to the Cowboys drafting a qb at 17 lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A hater on here, and probably outside of here. Is someone that rags on a player or starts threads constantly showing how much they do not like them. They will not look at all the facts to prove otherwise he is a very goo to great player. Or a poster that just hates, yes I used that word, hates anything and everything this team does or doesn’t do.

sogn player X it is a dumb move, don’t sign that same player x it is a dumb move.

fortunately there is the ignore button. And I have many of them on it. :laugh:.

Disagree and do in in a nice discussion way is one thing, constant ragging is different.
I just told a friend of mine last night through text what an idiot he is, again. :lmao:

As he hates the cowboys so will not say anything good about them. Oh he now after 20 years he acts as if he liked them under Landry and Jimmy but now hates them. He really is pig headed though about everything in life.

in 2016 in January he said Dallas should look at drafting Prescott, and I agreed, to develop. Now he says Dak can’t throw over 10 yards. I show him proof otherwise, he says the same thing the next day. He really is an idiot.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've got fans starting threads saying we should let Dak walk for nothing just because they dislike him personally and want to spite him or shame him, at the expense of the high draft picks he's actually worth if you want to part ways with him in a reasonable, smart way.

Maybe internet hate is different than real-world hate, so the use of "hate" is harsh. But they certainly have an irrational disliking for him for personal reasons which they have become so obsessed and consumed with, it's ruined their ability to follow the sport in a healthy way or to have healthy thought processes about the players.

"Dislike him personally". Hmmm...sounds like...well never mind that.

But it sounds like you are making things up in your head...so you can argue THAT and call yourself the winner. I think 90% of it is they don;t want to pay him as the best QB in the league. Yet. Others think he underperforms.

Kaiser

Reaction score

When the team was 3-3 last year and coming off two of three seasons making the playoffs, we had a poster start a new thread to renounce his fandom of the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones.

What exactly is the term for that?

sean10mm

Reaction score
If you post like you personally hate somebody, what do you think you're going to be called? Certainly not a fan.

Most people have opinions somewhere in-between, but we also have genuine crazies who can't tell Dak Prescott from Nathan Peterman or Ryan Leaf tier garbagemen and I see no reason to pretend they're not out of their minds.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But to answer the question.....it's like what ssoup just did. If you can use hyperbole....you can argue THAT instead of the real argument. "hate" takes the conversation into emotional situation and makes people look irrational. SO if you can accuse them of hate, it's "winnable".

It can also be like "Imma kill my boy when I get home for this". Not actually kill him, maybe beat him within and inch. :eek::D

It can also be like "I hate it when Dak/Zeke/Jerry/Jason does that" Youdon;t actually "PERSONALLY hate" the person, just something that a happened.

If you need to know about birds and bees we can do that too!

I do fully agree this is supposed to be "fun". I tell people if Jerry makes you so miserable, it's okay to find someone/something that doesn't. Life is too short! But I do think some people enjoy being miserable or complaining all the time. It's just who they are.