Any reason for the use of the word "Hate" on this site?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QUOTE="9of11, post: 10156923, member: 7654"]I HATE THE IGGLES....To me, a very good reason to use the word hate.....I HATE THE IGGLES!!! Makes me feel warm inside when I say that phrase...
I don't hate that at all!
:yourock:
edit[/QUOTE]
I hate the Commanders!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you clearly have an agenda by highlighting all the negatives while downplaying all the positives and assigning all or most of the blame for losses but give no credit for the wins then you're a hater. You may not technically hate the person in real life, but this is the internet and "hater" is a common term for those types of posters. I don't get why haters try to act as if they aren't haters. They should own their behavior.

If anyone is using the hater label they need to make sure they are using it appropriately. No player is perfect and all can be rightfully criticized for something. You need to distinguish between the actual haters with an agenda and posters who just have objective criticism.
Well said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started a similar thread not too long ago and received a lot of hate for it. I got hate mail and hate email, posters were asking Reality for a Hate button just to use on me. Posters to took me off Ignore to Hate me and then say "hate to tell you this but it's back on Ignore for you".

I pledged not to use it again and I haven't except in the No Hate thread, go figure. However, I did create a marriage of two words to signify those that do not find the QB an useful part of society, Dakaters. They are similar to Romorooters who thought the ground he walked on should sink a mile into the earth.

What I find amusing about all of this is how many take this sport, team and forum so seriously.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started a similar thread not too long ago and received a lot of hate for it. I got hate mail and hate email, posters were asking Reality for a Hate button just to use on me. Posters to took me off Ignore to Hate me and then say "hate to tell you this but it's back on Ignore for you".

I pledged not to use it again and I haven't except in the No Hate thread, go figure. However, I did create a marriage of two words to signify those that do not find the QB an useful part of society, Dakaters. They are similar to Romorooters who thought the ground he walked on should sink a mile into the earth.

What I find amusing about all of this is how many take this sport, team and forum so seriously.

Freud would be intrigued with that kind of pathology. :muttley:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
After being here a few weeks, I have noticed that some fans refer to others as "Dak haters"
"Jerry Jones haters" etc..
Definition of 'Hate" An intense and passionate dislike for someone...
Now I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Dak Prescott the last few years, both in big games and on the road vs some of the "better" teams. But personally, I don't really know the man, have never met him, so how can I or anyone else here be a "Dak hater??"
Jerry Jones, I think he loves his team, maybe too much, he did say he would be a "hands on owner" early on, so I live with it as I am a true and loyal Cowboy's fan and have been since the Staubach, Landry era.
So please, I do know sports fans can be passionate, but it should also be a fun thing. It takes many of us away from some of daily life's problems, gives you to hope for something. In these days we see how much we all miss the game we love. So for now put away the hate..

Hater is hyperbole. Disliker just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Blame Taylor Swift.

Swagger

Reaction score
I do not understand why people use the term hate or hater on here either.

There are some posts that are just cheap shots at certain players but they are mostly tongue in cheek to highlight a point - people do like to have a laugh every now and again.

Most posts are well constructed arguments with valid points yet some will deem them to be a form of hatred towards a player.

Essentially, if you constructively criticise a player with valid reasons in impressive detail then you are apparently a hater!

Swagger

Reaction score

To be fair...there isn't a whole lot else to do at the moment! But yes even in "normal" times I do agree.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
After being here a few weeks, I have noticed that some fans refer to others as "Dak haters"
Now I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Dak Prescott the last few years, both in big games and on the road vs some of the "better" teams. But personally, I don't really know the man, have never met him, so how can I or anyone else here be a "Dak hater??"
Jerry Jones, I think he loves his team, maybe too much, he did say he would be a "hands on owner" early on, so I live with it as I am a true and loyal Cowboy's fan and have been since the Staubach, Landry era.
So please, I do know sports fans can be passionate, but it should also be a fun thing. It takes many of us away from some of daily life's problems, gives you to hope for something. In these days we see how much we all miss the game we love. So for now put away the hate..

The term hater has been liberally sprinkled throughout this site for years. I have expressed the very same sentiments over calling people haters. I think this really came to the fore when people would express concerns about Romo.

"Oh, you're a hater."

Never liked it, never will. It reminds me of curse words. Normally for people who can't use the language effectively.

jnday

Reaction score
I had the sale reaction to the word “hate” as you did until I realized that it not used in the same way as you would use it in every day life. After seeing the use of it on this site, I see that I need a stronger word than “hate” to use on here if you can provide one.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's a 'four letter word' we can all use.
I really do not understand it beyond notice it's used by posters who are baiting..

and have too much free time on their hands.

I only read threads that have fans talking football.

When I start scanning and just see alot of 'one line" quips followed by 20 more 'me too' replies..

I am on to another thread.

Being a person who spends their time posting using 4 letter words like "hate" or like 'haters' is just insulting to my use of time.

Other people may differently think they can keep score and win an imaginary game need some help.

Bait words and hate words. We tell our children not to use them. Strange to me for sure.