Any reason to believe Dak era will surpass Romo era?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh good god, just some mod any mod move the Daks a bum stealth post disguised as , better then to the Daks a bum site. Yeah Die, NO QB needs elite players around them, I mean hell ole Rothisburger could be JUST as good or better without that premadonna AB, or Bress without Thomas... you people take the cake.
It simply makes it easier to build a championship caliber team with a HOF caliber. Surely, you’d agree. Sorry, I’m greedy.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Yep you did crimp a nerve your own. He is avg. Can you show proof of any Romo post by me? You have to stop using logic you learned from a girl it doesn't work when you use it. Show the proof or stop lying.
ROfl, oh I am sorry madam, I'll be sure to check my ego at the door for you miss...and that road stripe is remarkably similar to ....well you know, Romos butt. And can YOU show proof I leaned anything from a "girl"? Naw didn't think you could there me lady...now run along and get your next grand repost from another 3 year old.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ummm so whered you pull 22nd ranked QB from? Your arse diehard? Dak P is ranked 17th in reg season, oh and guess who is ranked 2nd QBR in the post season... that's right good ole dink and dunk Dak Prescott....now due to the fact he won't be moving on I'm sure he will slip a notch or 2 but bleh
He was ranked over 20th most of the year but finished a little higher. Im sorry if average doesn’t excite me. 22nd ranked is what the offense was.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
ROfl, oh I am sorry madam, I'll be sure to check my ego at the door for you miss...and that road stripe is remarkably similar to ....well you know, Romos butt. And can YOU show proof I leaned anything from a "girl"? Naw didn't think you could there me lady...now run along and get your next grand repost from another 3 year old.
Yes I can show proof you learned your debate style from a girl easily because no man uses that logic. Where are the post of mine about Romo? Guess when you're eating Dak stats up you can't find them.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I beg to differ, but you absolutely did say HE was ranked 22nd...Is our 22nd ranked QB just a great coach away from becoming a top 10 QB<-----------------------diehardbules

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Yes I can show proof you learned your debate style from a girl easily because no man uses that logic. Where are the post of mine about Romo? Guess when you're eating Dak stats up you can't find them.
Ummm wheres your proof there Phillyboy?? Come on stop teasing like the school girl you know you are... bring the proof!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ummm wheres your proof there Phillyboy?? Come on stop teasing like the school girl you know you are... bring the proof!
The proof is your post I already showed the proof. Now where is the Romo proof at? As far as the school girl you must have me confused with the keylanto that raised you.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I could care less about losing more entertaining games. I’m a wins and losses guy. I prefer winning seasons over 8-8 seasons.

If we’re stuck with JG and Dak then they better keep drafting good players. Let the old guys like Lee and Beasley go and keep getting younger.
It’s not my money. Plus he’s been good enough for 3 straight winning seasons so I’ll take that. I also don’t worry as much late in games now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I beg to differ, but you absolutely did say HE was ranked 22nd...Is our 22nd ranked QB just a great coach away from becoming a top 10 QB<-----------------------diehardbules
That’s not what I meant to post if I did. Sorry

No coaching will elevate Dak to an elite prolific passer.

Dak has many good qualities. The kids a gamer. Just not the kind of elite passing QB I’d prefer. I think it just makes it tougher for our dysfunctional organization.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We also built great teams around Merideth, Morton and White but only Staubach came thru.

Last years Final 4 QB’s is not the norm.

QB is where you begin in building a championship caliber team. It’s why teams will go to such extremes to gain one and pay them. The ones without one don’t stay on top very long and probably why those last year didn’t come back whereas two of these this year have been there before and the other two more likely to return.

Without an elite QB the road is simply tougher in Cap era.
Pin the blame where it belongs, it's not the QB it's the FO and their inability to build a complete team and on coaching that fails to maximize the team's and player's potential. Those are the reasons this team has floundered for 2+ decades. This team didn't advance because of Dak, it failed to advance because of the defense, their game plan and inability to adjust. We couldn't control the LOS on either side of the ball. This team failed as a group, players to coaches, not due to any one player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pin the blame where it belongs, it's not the QB it's the FO and their inability to build a complete team and on coaching that fails to maximize the team's and player's potential. Those are the reasons this team has floundered for 2+ decades. This team didn't advance because of Dak, it failed to advance because of the defense, their game plan and inability to adjust. We couldn't control the LOS on either side of the ball. This team failed as a group, players to coaches, not due to any one player.
I’m not blaming Dak. I just would prefer a more prolific passing QB amongst other things.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I’m not blaming Dak. I just would prefer a more prolific passing QB amongst other things.
Again Winston, Stafford and other QBs are "prolific", but what does it get them? You're just looking for a single person to pin the blame, you should start at the top

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again Winston, Stafford and other QBs are "prolific", but what does it get them? You're just looking for a single person to pin the blame, you should start at the top
Of course our issues start at the top and why IMO it’s so critical to have a more prolific passer and elite QB.

And I don’t consider those QB to be prolific enough. I’d lean more to the 4 playing this weekend for example.

Elliott is a top RB . What is getting us? But it helps. One less thing to worry about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Elite talent is part of the solution. Average talent is a weakness that must be overcome with more elite talent. Much like we have an average front office and coaching staff.

Imagine if we had a QB as talented as Elliott or Cooper?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Elite talent is part of the solution. Average talent is a weakness that must be overcome with more elite talent. Much like we have an average front office and coaching staff.

Imagine if we had a QB as talented as Elliott or Cooper?
So the only solution is to have elite talent across all the positions, then that's a failure on coaching. You keep throwing around words like prolific and elite and that's what we need to overcome the FO and coaching. Dak isn't holding this team back anymore than Romo did before him, quit barking up the wrong tree and place the blame where it belongs.

dfense

Reaction score
Romo had 248 TDs in basically 8 seasons
Dak averages 22 TDs a season. So TD wise, just over 11 seasons.

Romo 34,183 yards
Dak 10,876 yards to date. Average of 3600 yards a season his first 3 seasons. Looking at passing 34,000 in his 10th season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the only solution is to have elite talent across all the positions, then that's a failure on coaching. You keep throwing around words like prolific and elite and that's what we need to overcome the FO and coaching. Dak isn't holding this team back anymore than Romo did before him, quit barking up the wrong tree and place the blame where it belongs.
Yes, we are talent dependent because of our dysfunctional organization.

Romo wasn’t enough to overcome it and it doesn’t look like Dak will be either. If they couldn’t surround Romo with enough it’s not very promising they will Dak.

I’d like to see what they could do with a HOF caliber QB. A QB similar to Zeke talent level.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yes, we are talent dependent because of our dysfunctional organization.

Romo wasn’t enough to overcome it and it doesn’t look like Dak will be either. If they couldn’t surround Romo with enough it’s not very promising they will Dak.

I’d like to see what they could do with a HOF caliber QB. A QB similar to Zeke talent level.
Your only solution is playing Madden where you can pick and trade players on a whim and make the personnel and coaching decisions.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Answer me this die,...why? Did we not have a "prolific passer" with TR here? I mean, surely YOU won't say he was Dak "status" in that category? SO, if your idea of a quality, all winning, go to the big dance NFL team is they MUST have a prolific passer, then WTH was Romo, and why did it NOT bring us to the land of Lombardi? I mean reading your post about it, one would deem that inorder to go any where near a SB, one MUST have that "prolific" passer to do so. And yet here we sit, 14 years of what all the TR flamers on here claim he was just that, and yet we still have nothing to show for his time with the team, except, losses IN the playoffs. I'm just askin.