Any Way Jordan Davis Falls to 24?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that's what it comes down to. Can Quinn get him to play? I have no idea.

Disagree about Poe. He's almost a polar opposite, and Poe never was that great. He was more of a combine baby/looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type. Davis is much more of a football player, so it really comes down to the question of whether our coaching staff can get him to play.
Poe was an All Pro and a two time Pro Bowler. KC stopped maximizing him, and he started to regress in Atl, but at one point he was an outstanding player. With Davis, you are hoping to get a career of Year 2 and 3 Poe

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think its unlikely he does fall, but if he does its likely because of two things

1) Teams may want more walk in pass rush ability. Davis has the talent to be a legit pass rusher, but right he would be more of a pocket pusher.

2) Abundant OT's and DE's could push him down. A good chance there are 5 OT's and 5 DE's that go before our pick. Now I think this is unlikely, but I have a seen a few mocks that have had major WR runs before our pick (Peter King has 6 going our pick. He has Davis going 15 and us getting Lindenbaum)

I do think Davis falling to us is unlikely, but I've seen crazier things. I do believe if he does, he will be their pick though
Somebody always falls, the question is do you go BPA @24 if a position that you may not want to draft like say a Burks for example is the fall, do you take that BPA over a Zion Johnson need pick if both are still there.
Davis will not be falling that far, he wont get past either of Phillys 2 1sts, and they may have to package both to get him.
Either way Davis to Philly should be the fear paired with Cox would be horrible for this team this division...lol
@Aerolithe_Lion is licking his chops, and should be.
Davis falling to Dallas is fools gold and will not happen.
Im more concerned what our immidiate division rivals do in this draft than how we draft,,, thats crazy but its really true this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Somebody always falls, the question is do you go BPA @24 if a position that you may not want to draft like say a Burks for example is the fall, do you take that BPA over a Zion Johnson need pick if both are still there.
Davis will not be falling that far, he wont get past either of Phillys 2 1sts, and they may have to package both to get him.
Either way Davis to Philly should be the fear paired with Cox would be horrible for this team this division...lol
Davis falling to Dallas is fools gold and will not happen.
I dont see Davis to Philadelphia as a lock at all. Could happen, but they could go alot different ways. OL, DE, CB, WR. If I had to bet on their two picks, it would be Stingley and Penning

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dont see Davis to Philadelphia as a lock at all. Could happen, but they could go alot different ways. OL, DE, CB, WR. If I had to bet on their two picks, it would be Stingley and Penning
Hope they draft WR, out division rival suck at draft WRs, I pray they screw it up again, but having two first does insure they could draft Davis, they have the draft stock to get who they want.

jnday

Reaction score
Hypothetically Davis would drop because come draft time, scouts and gurus tend to start second guessing themselves.
Over scouting, over criticizing, and at some point, some rumor generates that Davis' motor runs hot and cold,
he takes plays off, and too often woefully condition, and his pass rush skills become in question.

If we take him in 1st, it will be because Quinn will lobby that hard for him, along with Davis already being so high on McClay's draft value board to begin with.
sure he is more 1 tech, but is he more comparable to Vita Vea (Bucs) a dominant 1 tech run defender with some rush traits ?

Davis maybe the type that has to come out in the 2 minute warning, because he's not a innate pass rusher., but he is also the type that changes how offense
in shutting down the run.
Davis’s game tape is not as impressive as his physical presence. He has great combine numbers, but his game tape doesn’t match those numbers. I think he will be out of the league within the next five years.