Any way we could get Jordan Shipley?

juck

Reaction score
This guy is the epitomy of an all around great football player.Great WR,speed,great hands,great PR.Hard worker. Please drop to us.

kmp77

Reaction score
We will draft him and do not tell me otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

The Panch

Reaction score
I wasnt really sure how could he was doing into this season, but he's been amazing.

Why Colt is constantly being mentioned as the Heisman when Shipley has been the MVP of that team is beyond me.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I dont care if Shipley wins the Heisman or not.....but at least put his name in the argument for the award.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If he falls below into the 2nd round, we better trade up and grab him because him next to Austin will be a god-like WR core, followed by Ogletree, Crayton, Johnson, Hurd, Holley and we can trade off Williams (please)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I predicted before the season he would go late first round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
R0m0 Fan;3060796 said:
If he falls below into the 2nd round, we better trade up and grab him because him next to Austin will be a god-like WR core, followed by Ogletree, Crayton, Johnson, Hurd, Holley and we can trade off Williams (please)

The reason I doubt we draft him is because Crayton is a different kind of receiver when you put him in the slot.

The closer he is to Romo the more effective he is.

We may grab his teamate Malcom Williams later in the draft though because of his upside and ability to play special teams.

Ren

Reaction score
Inn before "but, he's white..."

If we get a chance to draft Shipley and pass i'll be pretty bitter

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
kmp77;3060666 said:
We will draft him and do not tell me otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

From your computer keyboard to God's monitor... :D

After the best day by a Texas WR ever, Jordan now has 75 catches for 1050 yards, and between receiving and punt returning, 8 TDs... extrapolate that over a 14 game season (12 regular season games, the Big XII championship game and a bowl game), and you're looking at about 115 catches for 1600 yards and 13 TDs...

And Colt is currently at 231 completions in 317 attempts (72.9 per cent), for 2446 yards (271.8 yards per game, 7.7 yards per attempt), with 17 TDs and 9 ints... which works out to a 149.7 passer rating... extrapolate that out over 14 games, and you're looking at 360 completions in 495 attempts for 3800 yards, 26 TDs and 14 ints...

Meanwhile, the Horns' defense was 3rd in the nation coming into the game, and gave up just 152 yards and 3 points in this game... so if I'm reading the boxscores correctly, the Horns are now number 1 in total defense, with 2078 yards allowed (Florida is 2nd with 2093 yards, TCU 3rd with 2164 yards, Alabama 4th with 2192 yards)...

The Horns are also 10th in scoring defense, averaging 12.4 points per game allowed...

And they're 3rd in scoring offense, averaging 41.0 points per game... Houston is averaging 42.1, Boise State is averaging 41.4... so they have an average margin of victory of 28.6 points per game, which as far as I can determine is 2nd best in the nation; Boise State has an average margin of victory of 28.8 points per game...

This just in-- the Horns are legit...

silverbear

Reaction score
The Panch;3060677 said:
I wasnt really sure how could he was doing into this season, but he's been amazing.

Why Colt is constantly being mentioned as the Heisman when Shipley has been the MVP of that team is beyond me.

WRs don't often win the Heisman... but if Shipley doesn't win the Biletnikoff, that award is a joke (of course, this assumes that Jordan stays healthy the rest of the season)...

I do think that Colt should be a frontrunner for the Heisman, but curiously enough, I don't think he should win the Davey O'Brien Award this time around... that should go to Case Keenum of Houston, who has been BRILLIANT this year, but the Cougars' loss to the struggling UTEP Miners will keep him from serious Heisman contention (though it probably shouldn't)... also working against him will be the quarterback friendly spread offense UH runs...

Just take a gander at Keenum's numbers this year-- in 9 games, he has 325 completions in 458 attempts, for 3814 yards, with 28 TDs and just 5 ints... in yesterday's thrilling game against Tulsa, he brought the Cougs back from a 9 point deficit with a minute to go, going 40 of 60 for 521 yards with 3 TDs and no ints...

Those season numbers work out to a 158.9 quarterback rating, even better than McCoy's 149.7, with a 71.0 completion percentage and an 8.3 yards per attempt average... yeah, Keenum would get my vote for the O'Brien Award, even if I am in the tank for Colt...

silverbear

Reaction score
CATCH17;3061003 said:
I predicted before the season he would go late first round.

I think his size and age will push him down some... WRs who are under 6 feet tall and 200 pounds generally only go in the first round if they're 4.3 40-type blazers... Jordan isn't quite that fast, though he's fast (I look for him to turn in a solid 4.4 at the combine)...

But man, if the Boys could grab him in the 2nd round, I'd be one happy camper...

Did ya hear that the Horns are frontrunners to sign both McCoy's little brother, and Shipley's?? Case McCoy has already verbally committed to UT; in his first 3 seasons as a high school QB, he threw for just under 60 percent completions, 6435 yards and 55 TDs... I can't find complete stats on his senior season, but I do know that he's had games of 332 yards and 5 TDs, 355 yards and 4 TDs, and 385 yards and 6 TDs, and that he's thrown 26 TDs in 8 games this year... and like his brother Colt, he's also apparently a threat with his legs too...

As for Jaxon Shipley, he's just a junior, but is reportedly strongly leaning toward going with the Horns as well... he caught 63 passes for 919 yards and 8 TDs last year, but missed the first 5 games of the season this year with a broken collarbone... once he returned, he faced Case McCoy's team in a game, and caught 9 passes for 245 yards and 2 TDs...

Case very much resembles his brother Colt, physically and in his playing style, and Jaxon also resembles Jordan, physically and in his playing style... and just like Colt and Jordan are close buddies, so too are Case and Jaxon...

So we may not have seen the last of the McCoy-Shipley connection down in Austin... that thought makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
CATCH17;3061004 said:
The reason I doubt we draft him is because Crayton is a different kind of receiver when you put him in the slot.

The closer he is to Romo the more effective he is.

We may grab his teamate Malcom Williams later in the draft though because of his upside and ability to play special teams.

Malcolm's just a sophomore, Catch...

Shady12

Reaction score
Someone said under 6'0"..He's listed at 6'0", which I think might be legit.

Malcolm Williams if he starts to show consistent hands.. Well there's no ceiling for his upside. He's about 6'3" 225, and as explosive as it gets. And only a soph.

Case McCoy is considered slightly more physically developed at equal points in their careers..as in stronger arm. But not as fast or fluid an athlete as Colt.

Jaxon Shipley is expected to be better than his big brother..

RamziD

Reaction score
Yeah, Malcolm Williams is gonna be a good one, but he is going to be at UT for at least 1 more year. Also, Shipley will be 100x the slot receiver Crayton is. R. Williams, Austin, Shipley would be a sick trio.

silverbear

Reaction score
Shady12;3061715 said:
Someone said under 6'0"..He's listed at 6'0", which I think might be legit.

Malcolm Williams if he starts to show consistent hands.. Well there's no ceiling for his upside. He's about 6'3" 225, and as explosive as it gets. And only a soph.

Case McCoy is considered slightly more physically developed at equal points in their careers..as in stronger arm. But not as fast or fluid an athlete as Colt.

Yeah, that seems to be the general assessment at this point... but Case has made some plays with his feet too...

Jaxon Shipley is expected to be better than his big brother..

I think that might be an optimistic projection, Jordan was MUCH more productive in high school than Jaxon is...

Which is not saying that Jaxon isn't good...

silverbear

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3062221 said:
Oh my gawd you Texas Homers

LOL... I note your lack of any substantive rebuttal of any of the FACTS I offered...

You're gonna hate it when the Horns win the national championship... :D

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3065212 said:
LOL... I note your lack of any substantive rebuttal of any of the FACTS I offered...

You're gonna hate it when the Horns win the national championship...

I lived in Dallas for 30 years - I meet a guy that went to the same college as Cliff Harris - so I became a Arkansas fan - really before that - I remember watching Jerry an Jimmy win the national championship - so I been a Ark fan a long time

I always love little old Ark playing in SEC coming down to Texas to play all the schools in Texas

I think I been to all the schools in Texas watching ARK

it won't bother me when I know the real champ this year is TCU

I heard Mack is afraid to even put them on their schedule :D

plus I love the fact ARK went to the SEC

Texas went to lowly Big 12 - how can you not win that every year
Big 12 is a cake walk for UT