Any way we could get Jordan Shipley?

Shady12

Reaction score
joseephuss;3071079 said:
I have looked it up. You don't really believe he is the size listed do you? Texas has a history of over stating the size of its players. Roy Williams was always listed as being 6'-5" while playing for the Longhorns. He is really 6'-3". Shipley does not look 6'-0" to me. He is not 5'-7" or anything like that, but he is not 6'-0".

True about the exaggerating at Texas. Happens less now though because so many guys are measured at camps in high school. But even so some guys have had legit listed heights. Some are now even listed as shorter than they really are for some reason. Like Marquise Goodwin who was measured at 5'10" at a camp, yet Texas lists him at 5'9." Also McCoy was 6'3" until this season, now he's 6'2." And Adam Ulatoski was 6'8" now 6'6." And looking at him next to other guys whose heights I know are correct, 6'0" looks about right. I think 5'11" at the shortest, and probably at least 190.

Also Roy Williams was always listed at 6'4" going back to high school, not 6'5." And is 6'2" and a half. Early in his career he was even listed at 6'2" 212 in Detroit.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;3071079 said:
I have looked it up. You don't really believe he is the size listed do you? Texas has a history of over stating the size of its players. Roy Williams was always listed as being 6'-5" while playing for the Longhorns. He is really 6'-3". Shipley does not look 6'-0" to me. He is not 5'-7" or anything like that, but he is not 6'-0".

every one does that

most of the guys at the combine lose a inch

lose some weight

I mean most schools do it to scare the other teams they play - hell I even had done to me in high school they said I was 6-2 when I was barely 6"

you can't trust the numbers coming from the school wait until the get to the combine