Any word on Bradie?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bradie was out there on the final play cause he was the one celebrating and taking his helmet off as he walked to the sidelines.

I would guess he's fine.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
khiladi;2378269 said:
Really... Is that why Bradie lost all that weight to play for Wade, because he would be occupying player's so other's can get the glory.

Bradie James is an average LB.

I don't know ... I guess I'll take the word of two coaches who have over 60 years of combined NFL experience coaching linebackers over messageboard opinions when it comes to linebackers. Even if they have "semi-pro" experience. Call me crazy.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378287 said:
I don't know ... I guess I'll take the word of two coaches who have over 60 years of combined NFL experience coaching linebackers over messageboard opinions when it comes to linebackers. Even if they have "semi-pro" experience. Call me crazy.

Ah, already conceding?

Those same coaches continue to start Brad Johnson while running the same offense Romo ran.

Those same coaches started Julius Jones every game last season.

Those same coaches didn't give Felix Jones a single touch against the Skins.

Those same defensive coaches gave up 34 points to a team that hadn't scored more then 14 all season last week.

Yes, coaches are always right. Fans are always wrong.

ANd in this case, you - the fan- are wrong about Brady James.

JPM

Reaction score
Rack;2378312 said:
Ah, already conceding?

Those same coaches continue to start Brad Johnson while running the same offense Romo ran.

Those same coaches started Julius Jones every game last season.

Those same coaches didn't give Felix Jones a single touch against the Skins.

Those same defensive coaches gave up 34 points to a team that hadn't scored more then 14 all season last week.

Yes, coaches are always right. Fans are always wrong.

ANd in this case, you - the fan- are wrong about Brady James.
Rack, add the same coaches that kept starting Roy Williams whenever he was healthy.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Coaches often have to make due with what they have, even if what they have is poor players. But in Parcells and Phillips case, they've done absolutely nothing to indicate they were 'making due' with Bradie James. They've never challenged his position. And in fact, both of them gush about him every chance they get. This isn't amateur hour concerning linebacker play when it comes to do these two. These are two coaches who specialize and built their reputations with their linebacker units for the better part of 3 decades. Two coaches who cut their teeth coaching linebackers in the NFL in the 70's. But because an internet messageboard meme, built from groupthink, says the Bradie James isn't any good it simply must be so. :laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378407 said:
Coaches often have to make due with what they have

Stopped reading right there.

Yeah we had to "Make due" with Julius Jones eventhough we had Barber on the team.

Game over. You lose. Have a nice day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378140 said:
Bradie plays strongside and takes on two gaps and lead blockers so Zach is free to fly around (at 225 lbs soaking wet) and get his name called. If Bradie doesn't do his job Zach Thomas is a grease stain on the Texas Stadium turf. Earnest Graham doesn't rush for 2.47 yards per carry if Bradie James doesn't have a phenomenal day.

But forget about all that .... he's not a messageboard favorite. And at the end of the day, isn't that what matters most? How many adoring posts people post about you on an internet messageboard? Forget the fact that two NFL head coaches who have coached defenses (specfically linebackers) for over 60 combined years in the NFL love the guy .... messageboard favorite. That's the true indication of a great player.

I agree. I think Brady played very well in the game as did many guys did on the defense. I thought this was one of the best performances where this group played together as a unit not a bunch of individuals chasing the ball around. Guys took care of their responsibilities and sometimes that does not show up on the stat sheet when players maintain their responsibilities but it tends to show up were it counts and that is by how few points they gave up. This unit should be proud of the showing they made this week and need to bring it next week as well.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2378420 said:
I agree. I think Brady played very well in the game as did many guys did on the defense. I thought this was one of the best performances where this group played together as a unit not a bunch of individuals chasing the ball around. Guys took care of their responsibilities and sometimes that does not show up on the stat sheet when players maintain their responsibilities but it tends to show up were it counts and that is by how few points they gave up. This unit should be proud of the showing they made this week and need to bring it next week as well.

Just for the record I didn't say James played poorly. I said he played a good game, just not "the best game on defense".

MrMom

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2378420 said:

+1

Let's just hope this isn't like that Colts game in '06 where we came out and played the best defensive game in BP's tenure here, and the defense came out and looked like dog feces for the remainder of the year. We need to keep the momentum going.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;2378425 said:
Just for the record I didn't say James played poorly. I said he played a good game, just not "the best game on defense".

Gotcha. As I said I thought the defense as a unit went out and played a very good game and to me that is more important than any individual stat people throw out there. We are not going to be a great defense because Ware gets x number of sacks or Zack makes x number of tackles we will be a great defense when guys start playing as a unit. Yesterday they did that and if they can continue doing that then they give this team a chance to win games especially in times like these where we are dealing with some major parts missing on offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MrMom;2378439 said:
+1

Let's just hope this isn't like that Colts game in '06 where we came out and played the best defensive game in BP's tenure here, and the defense came out and looked like dog feces for the remainder of the year. We need to keep the momentum going.

No doubt about it. They have to do this week in and week out each guy going out and taking care of their assignments not a bunch of free lance players trying to accumulate stats. When we do that guys start getting out of position and it causes the defense to give up big plays. Know your job and do your job

khiladi

Reaction score
I'll say it over and over again..

Bradie James sucks and it doesn't help that we have Bobby Carpenter as the back-up to this guy...