Anybody actually want to win this next game?

cern

Reaction score
Im curious to take the pulse of this forum. After last night's embarrassing loss, do you even want the Cowboys to win this next game? Regardless of whether an 8-8 team might limp undeservedly into the playoffs, is that what you want? Or have we finally all reached the conclusion that whatever results in a change at head coach is what's best for this team long term?

Just lose baby!
:thumbdown:
I don't care anymore, stash. Won't be watching. Hope it's cold so I can hunt all day. The thought of having to see garrett's face again is absolutely emetic.

Verdict

Reaction score
That depends. If the Eagles win and we are eliminated, then I hope we lose.

If the Eagles lose, then yes I want to win the NFCE.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im curious to take the pulse of this forum. After last night's embarrassing loss, do you even want the Cowboys to win this next game? Regardless of whether an 8-8 team might limp undeservedly into the playoffs, is that what you want? Or have we finally all reached the conclusion that whatever results in a change at head coach is what's best for this team long term?

Just lose baby!
I always want to win, most that are wanting to lose its because they want Garrett gone. Doesn't matter with a win or not, Garrett is gone

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Do you take the $100 or the penny that doubles everyday for 3 months?

What's the point in winning, then getting mopped in the first round of the playoffs? Assuming the Eagles even lose?

Play the long game. Root for the future, because the present is atrocious.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope superfan comes in and kicks you guys off the bandwagon. lmao

I just hope dak comes out with another speech, gotta love those speeches. lmao. get the glitch out of here.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Do you take the $100 or the penny that doubles everyday for 3 months?

What's the point in winning, then getting mopped in the first round of the playoffs? Assuming the Eagles even lose?

Play the long game. Root for the future, because the present is atrocious.

The seahawks look beatable in the wild card game. I want to win the east still and I basically hate this collection of players and the staff.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
The seahawks look beatable in the wild card game. I want to win the east still and I basically hate this collection of players and the staff.

Yeah, they're growing very very very old on me as well.

That's the funny thing about it, it's not a flat out "yes or no" situation.

A fan isn't going to just say, "yeah I want my team to lose." That's absurd, and technically it wouldn't make you a fan..but anyway..

You look at the flip side, and "theoretically" it's "better" for the team to lose and quite possibly get a phenomenal player in the first round. What if they're a bust..? What if we botch it, yet again?

What if the team clicks, wins out and wins a Super Bowl? What if Garrett just took 10 years to become the next Hoodie?

Such a deep, contorted rabbit hole.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Yeah, they're growing very very very old on me as well.

That's the funny thing about it, it's not a flat out "yes or no" situation.

A fan isn't going to just say, "yeah I want my team to lose." That's absurd, and technically it wouldn't make you a fan..but anyway..

You look at the flip side, and "theoretically" it's "better" for the team to lose and quite possibly get a phenomenal player in the first round. What if they're a bust..? What if we botch it, yet again?

What if the team clicks, wins out and wins a Super Bowl? What if Garrett just took 10 years to become the next Hoodie?

Such a deep, contorted rabbit hole.

much like hanz on this christmas i have no illusions of anything. I would just rather they steal the east next sunday and then take their best shot at a limited seattle team.

and yes I realize I just said that the day after they lost to a depleted eagles team.

in the end I don't think it will matter, the eagles will almost certainly not blow the east at NY next week unless Barkley goes crazy and just takes over the game.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
much like hanz on this christmas i have no illusions of anything. I would just rather they steal the east next sunday and then take their best shot at a limited seattle team.

and yes I realize I just said that the day after they lost to a depleted eagles team.

in the end I don't think it will matter, the eagles will almost certainly not blow the east at NY next week unless Barkley goes crazy and just takes over the game.

Similar in what most of us thought, as we finished annihilating the Rams, on our way to a depleted Eagles team :mad:

I do love the deflated look of defeat, sinking over Pete Carroll. It's oddly satisfying. Yet, that gives Jerry just another excuse to drive a steak further into my heart, bringing back JG.

Quite the conundrum. I think this is the most frustrated I've been in my tenure, as a Cowboys fan.

JustChip

Reaction score
Absolutely I want to win - you play to win the game. And if fortune falls our way and the Eagles lose, great! Gives me another game to go to this season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Just lose baby!
Yes, duh.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I dont care if the win or lose. But if the Eagles lose I hope we lose too. This team has no business in the playoffs at all.