Anybody Hear Bart Scott Say Jerry Jones Is Senile?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is senile. But I do think he needs to pass the torch, or at least part of it to his son. Jerry's desire to be in the limelight and remain relevant (like Al Davis) is probably interfering with progress and continuity.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You feel that JJ cares more about lining his pockets than the direction and quality of the team? I dont think he should be a GM but I have never felt as if he is all about the money.

Owners are generally all about the money, and he can say whatever he likes about spending whatever neccesary, etc. to win. His average product has had great returns and there are no plans of a re-org.

MagicMan

Reaction score
I guess I the only one here who thinks despite who the commenter is, he's not far off base.

Goes to show that when you can't dispute the message, you attack the messenger.....he got it right. ;)

se·nile
(ˈsēˌnīl),
(of a person) having or showing the weaknesses or diseases of old age, esp. a loss of mental faculties and/or
thinking your team is still in the early 90's.
ex. "she couldn't cope with her senile husband"
: see Jerry Jones.

visionary

Reaction score
You feel that JJ cares more about lining his pockets than the direction and quality of the team? I dont think he should be a GM but I have never felt as if he is all about the money.

hierarchical order in jerry's brain :

1. EGO (self)
2. EGO (self)
3. money
4. money
5. money
6. win on my terms
1000. build a consistent winner even if i am not GM

clear?

TTexasTT

Reaction score

1. EGO (self)
2. EGO (self)
3. money
4. money
5. money
6. win on my terms

clear?

Seriously, why arent you a GM? You seem to have it figured out.

You should put a resume together... Until then, just let the hate run through you.

visionary

Reaction score
Seriously, why arent you a GM? You seem to have it figured out.

You should put a resume together... Until then, just let the hate run through you.

even if i am not the cowboys GM, at least i can think for myself and not just parrot what the idiot owner is saying

TTexasTT

Reaction score
even if i am not the cowboys GM, at least i can think for myself and not just parrot what the idiot owner is saying

maybe youre right. It just blows my mind that so many of us think that we know more about football than a man who actually has a history playing at a higher level than the majority of us and has accumulated billions of dollars making decisions and has brought three SB trophies.. Not to mention the team is currently in first place. Its really hard to say that finding someone to best those accomplishments.... I know many of us just arent impressed by those things.

Plankton

Reaction score
Jones is not senile. After all, he has the brain of a 40 year old man.

Jones is an egocentric, narcissistic megalomaniac.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
maybe youre right. It just blows my mind that so many of us think that we know more about football than a man who actually has a history playing at a higher level than the majority of us and has accumulated billions of dollars making decisions and has brought three SB trophies.. Not to mention the team is currently in first place. Its really hard to say that finding someone to best those accomplishments.... I know many of us just arent impressed by those things.

Well, in all fairness, its not the 3 SB trophies that anybody has a problem with. Its the years of futility since.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I wonder if he'd use that same defense of Dan Snyder when a former player called him nuts.

Whatever Jerry is, he's the single biggest reason, by a country mile, why the Dallas Cowboys don't win anymore and he doesn't intend to do a thing about it until the day he dies. Worse yet, he's groomed his son to continue this nonsense when he's gone.

It blows my mind that any fan of this team would defend him on anything.

Merry Christmas by the way!

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Well, in all fairness, its not the 3 SB trophies that anybody has a problem with. Its the years of futility since.

Sadly, thats part of the NFL and the competative nature of the games these days. It would be nice to have the track record of the Pats but its just not easily done. I actually was talking to my friends father last year and I love to let him tell me stories about the old Landry dominated days. He usually goes on to tell the very interesting stories and the guy has a memory. He describes the Cowboys as a team that was a team that would absolutely dominate week in and week out. That would be nice but man... Things have been put in place since then that makes it almost impossible.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I never said I know more about football than Jerry.

What I do know is there are lots of people that do & they could do a much better job of putting a team together than he does. If he really truly cared about the team he'd hire someone to be the GM & bite the bullet & continue to drink and eat cake balls with all his other billionaire buds.

His ego is bigger than the team though & so he stays on.

He's a joke. Has been for years & will continue to be.

That's why Bob Kraft is a much better owner. He's still in the spotlight like those guys like but he's smart enough to hire football guys to do football things. And that's why the Pats year after year are a good team. They'll fade as all teams do eventually but they have football guys to help them get back up. I'm not a fan of the team but they run that team right. From the owner on down.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I actually was talking to my friends father last year and I love to let him tell me stories about the old Landry dominated days. He usually goes on to tell the very interesting stories and the guy has a memory. He describes the Cowboys as a team that was a team that would absolutely dominate week in and week out. That would be nice but man... Things have been put in place since then that makes it almost impossible.

Perhaps that is your problem understanding this, you are too young to remember what a professionally run, annually successful Cowboys franchise looked like.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scott's absolutely correct. Jones is senile. I use to think he was a good owner, but that's obviously not true based on the teams success for the past 10 plus years.

He has attributes that could make him a great owner but his ego won't allow it.

He's a terrible GM and a terrible owner.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Merry Christmas by the way!

laughing-smiley-004.gif

party-smiley-038.gif

grinning-smiley-003.gif

dstovall5

Reaction score

1. EGO (self)
2. EGO (self)
3. money
4. money
5. money
6. win on my terms

clear?

You missed one, which is perhaps the most important one of all ... How bout them "Moral Victories"!?

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Perhaps that is your problem understanding this, you are too young to remember what a professionally run, annually successful Cowboys franchise looked like.

I really dont see that I have any problem whatsoever. I cant help that Im not old... Since the bottom line seems to be superbowls I tend to think that since I was around for the majority of them I know a successful franchise looks like.