Anybody listening to Larry Lacewell on 105.3 the Fan?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Jerry asked Lacewell for his opinion on some things, than did the exact opposite of what Lacewell suggests.

I just wonder if that would happen.

Or if Lacewell does not get asked his opinion from Jerry but instead just tells Jerry what Jerry wants to hear.

When I ask this I am not really talking about what it is being said he said today...but stuff in general from past drafts or other areas in the recent years.

I'm gonna whack down a six-pack and re-read this........ ;)

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Oh joy. Got news for you Jerry, the time to "show them" has come and gone. Even IF you managed to find some playoff success at some point in the future (and I'm not holding my breath) it will be the equivalent of a blind squirrel who found a nut. Pure happenstance. I mean, even dismal, poorly-run organizations with small media markets like Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, etc. find some success eventually. Do you really think that is going to show them? Maybe in your elderly, Scotch-soaked mind, but no one else is going to hop aboard the Jerry Train.

Dwight

Reaction score
said that this season has been a "perfect storm".

said he has no regrets recommending kiffin to jerry.

said jimmy fired himself.

said the jerry boys are the most experienced people in the nfl in mgmt.

God help us.

Jerry and his clowns need to move this team to another city. We need a new owner. Lacewell's comments are just dumb. It's time to boycott Jerry.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Why is Lacewell relevant?

I'm not unhappy with Kiffin although I've expressed concerns about the scheme. I'm ok with it if they run more than a one gap defense all the time.....and it works.

This year is much like 2008-present. Romo keeps us in the hunt most of the time but there is not enough to get over the hump for a lot of reasons most obvious. Most thought it would take a year for the defense to make the switch particularly with the DB situation. It'll take a perfect storm to get this team competitive again esp on defense with all the injuries.

popp1234

Reaction score
said that this season has been a "perfect storm".

said he has no regrets recommending kiffin to jerry.

said jimmy fired himself.

said the jerry boys are the most experienced people in the nfl in mgmt.

God help us.

Well....uh......ok....well. We need more help than I thought. This, men, is pretty bad. I heard Sonny is thinking of going to the mattresses already.

yimyammer

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Jerry arranged for Lacewell to call in to the show thinking that would somehow win him favor. I'm sure he instigated his recent interview on CBS as well thinking he's got to get his team in the news on the bye week.

Maybe Rich Dalrymple is the true GM of this organization since being relevant and in the news seems to be more important than winning.

I long for the day when everyone quits listening to the crazy old man who cries championship

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lacewell was part of the demise of the Cowboys after Jimmy left. Jerry just started listening to the wrong people like Lacewell, good ol boys, who made Jerry feel like part of the fraternity. And 20 years after Jimmy this is the result. What Lacewell has over Jerry to allow him to make key decisions for the organization is beyond me....and for no one in the organization to be able to pull Jerry aside and give him a different opinion is why the Cowboys are where they are at now, an organization without an identity.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
While I don't doubt Lacewell can get Jerry to answer or call him back that's a far cry from his being the only voice crying 'Find the Kiffin'.

Reaction score
this organization is the holy grail (not to be confused with **********), the mecca, the alpha and the omega, the yin and the yang...

i could go on

The peanut butter and the chocolate, the scotch and the dancing girls, the shizzle and nizlle.

Plankton

Reaction score
Lacewell was part of the demise of the Cowboys after Jimmy left. Jerry just started listening to the wrong people like Lacewell, good ol boys, who made Jerry feel like part of the fraternity. And 20 years after Jimmy this is the result. What Lacewell has over Jerry to allow him to make key decisions for the organization is beyond me....and for no one in the organization to be able to pull Jerry aside and give him a different opinion is why the Cowboys are where they are at now, an organization without an identity.

Keep one thing in mind with regards to Larry Lacewell:

Jimmy Johnson was the person responsible for Lacewell joining the Cowboys front office. He hired Lacewell to oversee college scouting after Dick Mansperger retired.

Plankton

Reaction score
One other thing: Jerry has spoken of hiring Kiffin, Lacewell is taking credit for recommending that Kiffin be hired.

I thought this was all a Jason Garrett production?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'd give up a 6th title to see Jerry get pummeled in the ring.

Ah, c'mon man. Someday you'll get to meet Jerry when you least expect it and he'll buy you a drink or two and let you try on one of those Super Bowl rings and you'll be his biggest fan.

Zordon

Reaction score
One other thing: Jerry has spoken of hiring Kiffin, Lacewell is taking credit for recommending that Kiffin be hired.

I thought this was all a Jason Garrett production?

lol anyone who believed that is a fool. where is the connection btw garrett/kiffin? it doesn't exist.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Last time I listened to Lacewell was 1995...

He's been irrelevant for years... and continues to be...