Anybody listening to Larry Lacewell on 105.3 the Fan?

Gameover

Reaction score
Did he mention the part where parcells fired him and about five minutes later we became a legitimate organization again, had excellent coaches and built an excellent roster?

Solid roster w/ plenty holes.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
So really all Lacewell is doing is CYA!? Wow. The ties with him need to be cut. Should have been cut a long time ago.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The delusion that has surrounded this team for so many years is amazing.

And how, right?

It all starts and ends with Jerrah and Stephen.

Always has, always will.

This whole organization looks more and more every year like the Oakland Raiders.

Jerrah assumes the role of Al Davis and the team goes to heck.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Solid roster w/ plenty holes.

Yea that is what building the team is. The holes we had were manageable ones for a team rebuilding its roster, it's staff and its front office.

The immediate success of the 03 team held us back.

The rebuilding really started in 05. It's from that point that the team is being built. I wish he would have held on for one more season. Thankfully we got some good players in 03 and 04 that went with what we were building.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ask Jerry Jones. He apparently still listens to him.

I understand that but that doesn't mean Lacewell's input is given that much consideration. I find it hard to believe Jerry uses one guy as a sounding board. I'm generally interested in listening to input.

I don't know. Maybe Jerry is at a point where he is having trouble attracting coaches. Or maybe he has a long list of people dropping a line saying when an opening is available throw my name in the hat. I don't think Jerry operates in a vacuum but he is responsible and he has failed at his job since 96.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I understand that but that doesn't mean Lacewell's input is given that much consideration. I find it hard to believe Jerry uses one guy as a sounding board. I'm generally interested in listening to input.

I don't know. Maybe Jerry is at a point where he is having trouble attracting coaches. Or maybe he has a long list of people dropping a line saying when an opening is available throw my name in the hat. I don't think Jerry operates in a vacuum but he is responsible and he has failed at his job since 96.

I think he is given a lot of consideration, along with quite a few others that are in Jerry Jones' circle of trust. He has already been directly linked to the Kiffin hire and the drafting of Bruce Carter. It is not like he is the only sounding board, but he clearly has Jones' ear.

Alexander

Reaction score
So really all Lacewell is doing is CYA!? Wow. The ties with him need to be cut. Should have been cut a long time ago.

They were. Until Jones "stopped walking on eggshells".

IrishAnto

Reaction score
said that this season has been a "perfect storm".

said he has no regrets recommending kiffin to jerry.

said jimmy fired himself.

said the jerry boys are the most experienced people in the nfl in mgmt.

God help us.

They may be the most experienced, but did he say anything about them being the best (or even good enough for that matter)?

Alexander

Reaction score
what the heck does this mean? lol

It means get prepared for more excuses. It means the perfect blend of bad luck and injuries is what will be determined to be the root cause of another failed season.

Get ready for it, because it will be all you hear all offseason as Jones and Co. go back to work plugging new holes in the dam while ignoring the obvious cracks.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Larry,

Step away from the kool-aid, man. It will deceive you everytime!

said that this season has been a "perfect storm".

said he has no regrets recommending kiffin to jerry.

said jimmy fired himself.

said the jerry boys are the most experienced people in the nfl in mgmt.

God help us.

dupree89

Reaction score
It means get prepared for more excuses. It means the perfect blend of bad luck and injuries is what will be determined to be the root cause of another failed season.

Get ready for it, because it will be all you hear all offseason as Jones and Co. go back to work plugging new holes in the dam while ignoring the obvious cracks.

Thank you. I wasnt sure what was meant by that statement. But I gotta tell you, the way you just explained things, sounds very much like something Jerry will do.

Alexander

Reaction score
Thank you. I wasnt sure what was meant by that statement. But I gotta tell you, the way you just explained things, sounds very much like something Jerry will do.

Man in the mirror, credit cards cut up at Love Field, talking up injured but unproven players like Crawford and Johnson, your usual nightmare.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
maybe the lack of cohesion/chemistry that will allen speaks of is b/c the head coach doesn't hire his own staff (kiffin), lacewell and jerry do.

funny you say that, he called in from a car phone. didn't know those still exist lol.

Yep

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
They were. Until Jones "stopped walking on eggshells".

I mean phone lines, email, sms, mail or any form of contact when it comes to business decisions. Unfortunately Jerry still listens to him.

visionary

Reaction score

have said it before

this season will be chalked up to injuries and bad luck and new scheme that did not fit
kiffin and callahan will be the fall guys

the real losers will be the team and fans staring into the barrell of yet another season of the process of stacking one failure upon another under ol' red and the joneses

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Oh joy. Got news for you Jerry, the time to "show them" has come and gone. Even IF you managed to find some playoff success at some point in the future (and I'm not holding my breath) it will be the equivalent of a blind squirrel who found a nut. Pure happenstance. I mean, even dismal, poorly-run organizations with small media markets like Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, etc. find some success eventually. Do you really think that is going to show them? Maybe in your elderly, Scotch-soaked mind, but no one else is going to hop aboard the Jerry Train.
been saying this for YEARS....he wants to be recognized as a "football man". And it's obvious to me that he does not "get it"...but what is more alarming is that no one around him...like his son....who is poised to takeover one day....cannot get through Jerry's skull that IF....IF....he were to ever have success as the architect of this football team.....he would STILL not get the credit he craves. It will be couched as "luck"

His desperation for recognition as a football guy is WHY he hangs on to decent players way too long. He is little interest because he is incapable of building a football roster. He is incapable of recognizing the grim prospects of the core of this team (Romo, WItten, Ware, Miles, Hatcher etc....)...because to move on from them would mean he would have to start over. And at his age...he does not want to start over. He wants to tinker here or there and pray that these minor changes will get him to promise land. He went out and signed Brandon Carr like this was the missing piece we needed like it was when we got Deion. And Brandon Carr...who I do like as a player...got torched in HISTORICAL fashion against Megatron. Not only that...with the investment he made in Carr and Claiborne....he brings in a coaching staff that installs a scheme that does NOT need expensive man cover CBs. I could go on and on....and many of you that have read my posts know I could go on and on...but this revelation that Jerry's sole motivation at this point is to "show" us he is a football man should not be breaking news. I am just saddened that NOBODY tied to this organiztion has the power to put a stop to it.

I mean Roger Staubach has come out and encouraged Jerry to turn the team over. I am sure there have been many others. This operation is going full steam ahead down Al Davis Boulevard.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think he is given a lot of consideration, along with quite a few others that are in Jerry Jones' circle of trust. He has already been directly linked to the Kiffin hire and the drafting of Bruce Carter. It is not like he is the only sounding board, but he clearly has Jones' ear.

I don't know how influential he is but he does have the ability to gain access to Jerry obviously. He never returns MY calls anymore.

Gameover

Reaction score
Yea that is what building the team is. The holes we had were manageable ones for a team rebuilding its roster, it's staff and its front office.

The immediate success of the 03 team held us back.

The rebuilding really started in 05. It's from that point that the team is being built. I wish he would have held on for one more season. Thankfully we got some good players in 03 and 04 that went with what we were building.

04? Cowboys don't make playoffs in 2009 with out the contributions of the 2007/08 drafts.