Anybody think we could shock everyone in draft...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
:lmao2:

And what talent did the Ravens have at WR when they won it all? Care to tell me? The skins made the playoffs with one WR last year did they not?

As did the Panthers, Patriots, etc.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
:lmao2:

And what talent did the Ravens have at WR when they won it all? Care to tell me? The skins made the playoffs with one WR last year did they not?

so are you saying you don't need 2 effective WRs to win games? I'm not saying it's the necessary ingredient, but it helps alot, and again, AZ was severely lacking in talent everywhere, they could take whatever position they wanted to, we don't need to take a RB because we have talented alternatives capable of helping us win games already

Smith22

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
As did the Panthers, Patriots, etc.

and bears.... and the list goes on and on. Summer has the blinders on, that is all.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
ok what if they Have Deangelo as the next emmitt, but Carpenter as the next mcginnest then who do you take?

Well, if DeAngelo is the next Emmitt (hypothetical), then you take him.

A 1600-1700 yard back would be waaaaaay too much to pass on IMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:

and if he's not? :banghead:

btw, little known fact, but the success rate of RBs taken AFTER the 1st round is better than those taken in the 1st

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
using AZ taking Fitz is a horrible argument to make on your behalf, AZ was, and is, extremely void of talent, they can realistically take anyone they want, while we not only have 1 talented back, we have THREE, and 2 of them are capable of being feature backs, while AZ only had Boldin capable of being a feature WR

ok Smith22, you smartarse, take that line out, now what?

Smith22

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
ok Smith22, you smartarse, take that line out, now what?
:lmao2: Namecalling time when I prove that teams have won without 2 talented WR's? Good stuff.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Vintage said:

me I take a position that we need a starter at and I take McGinnest opposite Ware every night.

How bout if Carpenter or Lawson was LT just o get the talent up there with Emmitt level?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Where was Emmitt drafted?

I am not saying DeAngelo is destined for greatness. My point was IF WE THINK he is, we SHOULD draft him.
Emmitt was drafted #17 if I recall correctly...one spot higher than we are drafting this year. But here is what makes that not a good example:

1) We had a huge need for a running back so not only did we draft him when he fell we actually moved up to do it.

2) No one ever actually believes that any player is going to be the best ever when they draft them. They feel that they will be very good as we did with Emmitt.

As it turned out (with the clarity of 20/20 hindsight) Emmitt was the BPA and that could still be said had we taken him #1 overall. But we did not draft him based on a BPA formula; we drafted him on a NEED basis.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
:lmao2: Namecalling time when I prove that teams have won without 2 talented WR's? Good stuff.

Branch and Patten for the Pats were talented, as for the Ravens they had the best defense possibly EVER there was a reason for their success

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Smith22 said:

c'mon, instead of laughing and cracking jokes, which you've been doing for the past 10 minutes, debate intelligently...you can't can you?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Branch and Patten for the Pats were talented, as for the Ravens they had the best defense possibly EVER there was a reason for their success

dude, there's no point, he's finding the flaw in my argument that has nothing to do with the initial argument because he can't continue in it any longer

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Today's NFL almost every team drafts based on need.

Why ?

Free Agency and cap savings.

Smith22

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

Yes, the Ravens had an unreal defense.

Bears, Panthers, Skins, etc..... 2 talented WR's on those teams?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Smith, why do teams draft 2 WRs? hmmm, mystery? are you smarter then NFL GMs and coaches?

Smith22

Reaction score
Summer, you make no sense at all. I'll just do us both a favor and use the ignore feature OK.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Yes, the Ravens had an unreal defense.

Bears, Panthers, Skins, etc..... 2 talented WR's on those teams?

2 of those teams have "elite" recievers. Patten started the year as the Skins #2 he got hurt.

Bears have Muhommed and drafted Bradley who got hurt.

Panthers have Smith and Ricky Prohel who is solid not to mention their recent drafting of Keary Colbert

So to answer the question yes all of those teams had talented recievers wether or not they lasted the year because of injury does not disqualify the fact that they either drafted or signed talented #2 recievers