Anybody watching the game replay?

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Watching and agree, also a little worried with Ellis at lb. He stutters alot in space. A quick back might exploit this.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
saw columbo beaten at least 4 times the first two drives- not impressed at all.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that last scramble by Romo would've definitely been a Bledsoe sack. It just seems the Hawks is in the back on every play so far. Romo's quick release and/or decision kept him from getting sacked.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Watkins looks like he is going to make a difference. He has pretty good speed for a tall person.

Seattle looks a lot more dis-jointed as a team than Dallas does. Dallas actually looks pretty well poised for this stage of training camp/rookie crop.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
You have to like Barber. I'm for making him the starter, and Jones can be the change of pace.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The difference in the releases times between Bledso and Romo is startling.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MB is a good 3rd down back and good in short ydg. But just average as your every down back. JJ can take it to the house on any play and that is what you want for your primary back.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
You have to like Barber. I'm for making him the starter, and Jones can be the change of pace.
yeah if you want someone that just pounds it in there and probably won't take it all the way. I like barber too but it seems he tries to run right through the defender. it's okay to try to go around him...lol.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
if barber doesn't try to cut that run outside he scores or gets close to it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We had most of our 2nd string O linemen vs the Hawks second string. And our second string did a better job then theirs did. Better then our first string did against their first string, at least on running plays.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
The difference in the releases times between Bledso and Romo is startling.

I agree. There is going to be a quarterback controversy at some point this year unless the Cowboys can light up every opponent with Bledsoe. I wonder how much more Romo will play in pre-season.

Romo has made several plays that wouldn't have happened with Bledsoe.

burmafrd

Reaction score
That play that Copper got inside the 5 Romo had all day and no pressure at all. Pretty easy to hit someone there.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MB is going to hear from BP on that first try inside the 5. He hesitated when there was no hole and got swamped. That is the time you just put your head down and get what you can.

burmafrd

Reaction score
That was a play that Columbo had to come across and seal off and he actually did it- BUT MB hesitated and his guy made the play. If MB had not hesitated he wouldn't have. THough the block was not all that good.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
MB is going to hear from BP on that first try inside the 5. He hesitated when there was no hole and got swamped. That is the time you just put your head down and get what you can.
i've been rewinding it on the dvr and it looks like a small hole would've opened up if he'd stuck with the design.

burmafrd

Reaction score
After what JJ did to Seattle on the draw, I think the D has made a vow to never let someone do that to them again.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I just wonder why the NFL Network chose the Seattle broadcast instead of the Dallas one.
probably because Seattle was the home team. Also, though Lundquist has had senior moments by his own admission, he and moon over Mickey and whomoever anyday.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have Tivo and have been rewinding and going back and that helps to see how things happen. It is clear that our O line needs a lot of work. Run blocking is not good at all. They seem to be able to get a hole most of the time BUT I see very few cases of them being able to reach the LB's and they were the ones stopping our backs. I guess in one respect they are doing better since our backs are not finding DL in the backfield waiting for them like last year.