Anybody watching the game replay?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I just wonder why the NFL Network chose the Seattle broadcast instead of the Dallas one.
After halftime, they're going to switch to the Dallas broadcast. That's what they did last year. I'm not sure they even do it based on who's the home team. But they usually alternate it per game.

Duane

Reaction score
Thomas Johnson is a lot bigger than I thought he was. He looks like a perfect backup for Fergie.

burmafrd

Reaction score
They were trying for a screen and the guy supposed to be blocking Pepper gave him a brush block then released him but he was too quick on the QB. I am suprised since seneca could have dodged him if he had tried. I think he did not believe that a big ol NT could be that quick.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I have been reading your commends and find them to be very good. keep the good play by play coming.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
two things i'm seeing:

1. Colombo is not playing as well as i'd imagined from the camp reports. poor pass protection and poor run blocking. the first MB attempt inside the five got blown up because Colombo got blown up...by a linebacker.

2. Once again our D looks impressive until the opponents offense goes to the no huddle/ hurry up. Our dime and prevent defenses are not exactly reassuring at this point. I'd rather not see us blow those Parcells 2-3 point leads with these porous attempts in the last minutes of the half.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nate Jones almost cleaned Watkins clock trying to help on the tackle w/the face mask

Just want to reiterate what others have posted. We have a deep and talented defense. We're gonna see some of our roster cuts on other teams.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
our depth on defense is scary... the hawks left their starting o-line in through halftime and our 2nd teamers at their lunch.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I talked about that play with MB getting swamped. Columbo did not have a good block- BUT if MB had not hesitated it would not have mattered. It was a seal block with Colombo coming across- so he had a ways to go to get there- a tough block to make. He got enough of the guy to get the job done.
BUt MB not going full bore into the line meant that it was not enough.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That last drop by Hurd looked like Romo threw it behind him. On crossing routes like that, isn't it better if the QB "leads" the receiver in this case?

Thompson is repping #28 well in his limited time.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I talked about that play with MB getting swamped. Columbo did not have a good block- BUT if MB had not hesitated it would not have mattered. It was a seal block with Colombo coming across- so he had a ways to go to get there- a tough block to make. He got enough of the guy to get the job done.
BUt MB not going full bore into the line meant that it was not enough.

um ok....

I think you're missing the point here though. IF Colombo doesnt get stood up by a linebacker, he creates the hole for the RB on that particular play. The LT had done his job sealing his block.

He didn't, there was no hole, MB chose to alter his route. Perhaps he shouldn't have (although i find it odd that many posters seem to be harping on this when many of his best plays have come from him doing just that), but he did.

However, if the RT does his job here, the RB has no need to alter his running route, and his choice to do so becomes moot. I guess it just depends on where our priorities lie as to how you feel about this.

MONT17

Reaction score
the Cowboys Special teams looks bad!!!

where are the gunners on Kick and Punt coverage?

Burnett needs work! Carp look better tha Hawk!

why does Sparano like to pull guys on GOALLINE?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone should teach Romo how to slide. He dives head first. He's gonna get injured like that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
NO- Columbo DID hit the LB - his duty was to seal. IF MB had not hesitated the guy COlumbo was blocking would not have made the tackle. BUT since MB hesitated he did. SO it goes both ways. Colombo had to come across from RT all the way over to make that block at LT. So it is not a gimme block.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I just watched the downloaded version. I have some thoughts on the oline:

1) Flozell - He will be Flozell again by the time TC comes around.

2) Kosier - good pass blocker, not impressed with his run blocking.

3) Andre Gurode - this is your starting center, folks. This is the Gurode I thought we had 3 years ago.

4) Rivera - same as Kosier, but possibly worse at run blocking.

5) Columbo & Pettiti - I am NOT amused.