Anyone catch the Collinsworth bit about Dak saying he was never coached like this?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Did you catch the comment from Collinsworth about his talk with Dak and how the lightbulb just went on? Am I interpreting this wrong? Is he just not used to West Coast Offenses? Took Romo about the same amount of time to just "get it" too. Dak made it sound like no coach until Big Mac took over the offense had ever shown him the right way to play QB and have a quick read and release? Wonder how many careers we killed with Jerry's hand-picked offensive coordinators Garrett & Kellen? LOL

HungryLion

Reaction score
Did you catch the comment from Collinsworth about his talk with Dak and how the lightbulb just went on? Am I interpreting this wrong? Is he just not used to West Coast Offenses? Took Romo about the same amount of time to just "get it" too. Dak made it sound like no coach until Big Mac took over the offense had ever shown him the right way to play QB and have a quick read and release? Wonder how many careers we killed with Jerry's hand-picked offensive coordinators Garrett & Kellen? LOL
McCarthy knows how to coach QB’s.

Dak’s biggest weakness coming into the league and earlier in his career was that his footwork would get sloppy at times which led to inaccuracy.

McCarthy seems to have found a way to help get Dak’s footwork really consistent.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Coach Mac has been there longer than this season. Like it or not, he was part of the last few years too.

Aven8

Reaction score
Don’t get me started on why Romo was made for the WCO. Career wasted. Jerry is a fool and his cheapo son at least talked him into Mike.

Ken

Reaction score
I have been saying this very thing for a long time. Kellen's offense and peer level coaching really stunted Dak's growth. Not to mention. the offenses before was similar and antiquated.

Dak is finally in a proven system and he is soaking it.up.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I definitely noticed when he said he was watching game film from other QB’s and asking himself “why aren’t they doing what we’re doing?”

Seems like a definite lightbulb moment.

It would appear that Dak might actually be “in the zone”.

I’m happy to ride it as long as it lasts.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I definitely noticed when he said he was watching game film from other QB’s and asking himself “why aren’t they doing what we’re doing?”

Seems like a definite lightbulb moment.

It would appear that Dak might actually be “in the zone”.

I’m happy to ride it as long as it lasts.
giphy.gif

;)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I have to say that Garrett's 9.5 year tenure was Jerry's biggest blunder as a GM.
And it was a whopper!!!!